PDA

View Full Version : american chopper quad build?

SRH
11-29-2010, 10:54 PM
any of you guys happen to see next monday on a new episode of american chopper paul jr designs is building a quad? saw a new yfzr being unloaded and few clips of a mx race at walden i beleive

250x_kyle
11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
oh yeah. may be interesting. just dont have time to watch tv for another week.

CJM
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Looks interesting. I watch the show for them building the bikes tho-not the drama which has gotten rather old real quick.

CADWELL
11-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I remember seeing someone wrecking on a YFZR and then I saw a quick clip of someone hitting a table on an MX track. Very interested to see what the build is.

I checked my Direct TV guide for next Mon. to see what the info was gonna say, but the show isn't on the guide for that night(next week).

BTW......for those of you that bash the show for it's drama and I watch the show for the builds...blah blah blah....

I've been watching AC from the begining and I can tell you, it's ALLWAYS been about the drama and they just happen to build theme bikes. I pretty sure that some that will bash the show will change the chanel to watch like Jersey Shore or some other "Reality Show"....that's all there is on TV now anyways.....

m0t0xk1d
11-30-2010, 08:05 AM
The quad as at the Neatv race at walden. It was black with a lot of orange and yellow mixed colors. it was a nice fox walsh setup but nothin that was custom other the Paint(¿didnt look like graphics?)and powdercoating other that it was nothing special it.

They should have put a decent rider on it though in my opinion to sshow the bike off. The guy got last both motos i believe and non of the guys from the show was there. it was just two guys that came in there pickup with the quad in the bed. Honestly in my opinion it was a disapointment

trick450r
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
what was the point?

TWISTED
11-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Susan Parker is involved with that quad build......... It's supposed to air on Jan 6th I believe.....

SRH
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
next monday according to discovery channel

i think odie (sp) that helps out races or raced quads, probably had something to do with the build

honestly the show has always been about the family not so much the bikes, im glad jr is switching things up doing some different builds, chopper after chopper with diff paint, tank and wheels gets old

jr vs senior is a bit more interesting to me than the old show, i see occ tanking and jr designs riding out whats left of the chopper and custom bike market that sr and jr ever had

sr is suffering from some hardcore megalomania , got him where he is , now hes imploding, its sad at his age but as long as there both running bike shops i cant see either side giving in

YOURADHERE
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
That special they had last night with the interviews made Sr look even more crazy than I orginally figured. :eek2:

TWISTED
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I see they changed the dates for the show..... Now it's Dec 6th and 13th.....

SRH
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by YOURADHERE
That special they had last night with the interviews made Sr look even more crazy than I orginally figured. :eek2:

yeah it did, hes gotten worse over the yrs too

CJM
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah it did, hes gotten worse over the yrs too

x2. He seems to be an insane megalomaniac really. Totally self absorbed and everything he says is right. I thinkt hats part of the reason Jr was always late, didnt show and they had fights-infact watching the show even back a few years ago he was trying to tell his son how to do something and the kids looking at him like hes nuts cause he knows better.

I was on TLC's website and they had a thing about Jr's wedding-Sr. didnt even go, was invited but didnt go. I dont care how much trouble your having, at least poke your head in all things aside and congratulate the kid. Not like you gotta stick around-but at least show face that you care. Im starting to think he really doesnt care and its all bs...total jerk.

YOURADHERE
11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
It really is a shame. Before long the whole custom bike industry will pass them by, OCC and PJD. I'd love to see them build something different other than a high rake, super long, fat-tire monstrocity. Part of being a sucessful company is having the ability to adapt your product offering to meets the ever-changing market. This goes for alot of thing, motorcycles, like hot rods, go through the niche phases every few years. This past decade people wanted big extravagent choppers. Now it seems the current movement is all about the over-the-top factor of custom baggers(a HUGE market that's developed over the last few years), the simplicity of the bobber, and, to my suprise and liking, the re-emergance of the cafe racer. I want to see them build something that picks your brain and makes you think. Im so sick of that cookie cutter crap, draw a part in Microsoft Paint and have some high pressure water gun cut it out for you. Lame.

Derrick Adams
11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Totally agree and I think you will see PJD evolve much like that. Simply because he has to pay the bills somehow. I like the fact that he's restricted to using his talents and not fancy tools as well. Custom is simply that..CUSTOM. If you blow out parts with a computer is it really custom parts?

YOURADHERE
11-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Yea he's really evolving....from a bike builder to a clothing line. :rolleyes: If you havent already, check out his site. That's all it is. I didnt see a mentioning of a bike or build at all.

SRH
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Yea he's really evolving....from a bike builder to a clothing line. :rolleyes: If you havent already, check out his site. That's all it is. I didnt see a mentioning of a bike or build at all.

thats just one portion of his business if there is a demand why not fill it?

i think he will evolve for sure

CJM
11-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Hes doing what every bizman does: Finding a market for his products.

Look at OCC: Back in the day they were not all to popular, not many knew what they were or who they were. So they get a tv show (without that they wouldnt have crap) and build some bikes. Then the merchandise comes rolling along. You got everything from coffee cups to OCC beach towels and everything inbetween. Nothing more than marketing 101 folks.

Not to mention if people buy the merchandise and it says whatever all over it-free advertising. Every single day you wear some kinda clothing and betcha most of it has some kinda logo, name or such on it-your advertising for them. IE I wear dickies zip sweat shirts-right on front is a logo for dickies, no different than putting stickers of companies stuff you bought on your quad. More exposure you have more likely you are to be popular.

Brad77
11-30-2010, 10:52 PM
They should let SR take that quad out for a ride. I think that would be entertaining.

One_Bad_400
11-30-2010, 11:36 PM
I used to watch every OCC show then i got tired of the old man nagging. But recently i've started to watch the new ones just looking for fabrication tips. I need to remember to watch this quad episode

Originally posted by CJM
Hes doing what every bizman does: Finding a market for his products.

Look at OCC: Back in the day they were not all to popular, not many knew what they were or who they were. So they get a tv show (without that they wouldnt have crap) and build some bikes. Then the merchandise comes rolling along. You got everything from coffee cups to OCC beach towels and everything inbetween. Nothing more than marketing 101 folks.

The point in life is to be successful. Making TONES of money building choppers and selling merchandise must be a nice life. I wouldn't care if 98% of my income came from just selling merch and 2% choppers. What ever makes the $$ to keep the lights on is a GO.

Harley Davidson is the biggest name in the motor cycle world for all i care, and they make more money off merchandise than they do selling bikes.

IRISH-RACER-14
12-01-2010, 09:47 AM
can i watch this channel online?

IRISH-RACER-14
12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
also what season and episode is the quad build? ill watch on youtube

CJM
12-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Its either next monday or thursday (im not sure which).

One_Bad_400
12-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
can i watch this channel online?

Its on Discovery Channel. I'm sure they have episodes online somewhere. I know FX you can watch shows online

fast300ex59
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
The quad as at the Neatv race at walden. It was black with a lot of orange and yellow mixed colors. it was a nice fox walsh setup but nothin that was custom other the Paint(¿didnt look like graphics?)and powdercoating other that it was nothing special it.

They should have put a decent rider on it though in my opinion to sshow the bike off. The guy got last both motos i believe and non of the guys from the show was there. it was just two guys that came in there pickup with the quad in the bed. Honestly in my opinion it was a disapointment

that was odie out there on that yfz and it was his yfz he was just out there messing around

CADWELL
12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I noticed the feature on the homepage about this Blingstar build, but I didn't see Vinnie in either of the pics that were in the article....

Is he still with Paul Jr Designs?

mxpimp2000
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
that was lame episode it showed him getting parts in mail and it went off WTF this sucked

SRH
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
that was lame episode it showed him getting parts in mail and it went off WTF this sucked

its a 2 episode deal.... really how much time is it going to spend on picking colors and bolting on parts lol, i think it would of been better advertisement for jr to build a hybrid with some unique engine or something

yellow02400ex
12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
its a 2 episode deal.... really how much time is it going to spend on picking colors and bolting on parts lol, i think it would of been better advertisement for jr to build a hybrid with some unique engine or something

agreed or built up a 250r or something not a brand new quad. But who knows maybe blingstar picked the quad

SRH
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by yellow02400ex
agreed or built up a 250r or something not a brand new quad. But who knows maybe blingstar picked the quad

true, but if they took even a existing quad like the yfzr or something and modified the chassis out to use say the new yzf motor... that would of been a attention grabber, its good advertisement for blingstar, but as far as showing what there shop can do they certainly decided a simple way to go about it

maybe they dont have the knowledge and ability to have it perform and what not on that level with the time constraints.

slightlybent47
12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
They should have crammed a big v twin in that sucker. It would have weighed a ton for mx but it would been a great drag bike.

quad59
12-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Not sure what Blingstar paid to have that done but what a waste of money. Any rider on this site can melt the creditcard and have parts powder coated with a nice looking color scheme. I guess the value of that was getting on t.v. In my experience with their products they would do better just to make their crap actually fit and have better customer service, but I wrote them off over three years ago got tired of the bs.

Brad77
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey I didn't see the episode, but from the sound of it isn't this what the atv industry needs?
Sure it would have been cool to see some crazy hybrid but there are a lot of people out there who are uneducated on atv's and atv racing. Maybe seeing how quads can be modified will open up a few eyes, or at least some of those that watch American Chopper.

quad59
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
There was maybe 5 minutes of quad in the hour long show.

CJM
12-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I caught the last 10-15 mins of it. The show was basically about Jr, Sr and Mikey and problems..again.

I do agree tho, Sr is INSANE.

SRH
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
well the show is and has always been out about there drama, the show became about the family after there first 10 bikes with different fenders and tanks

i think if it was cheaper than a tv ad...and the amount of viewers that show gets it was a great idea for blingstar and the sport,

the next show is going to focus on jr's build as this one did on sr's....btw anyone else notice after seeing jr's 2 builds on his own... and sr's last couple builds how much creativity is lacking at occ? jr's stuff isnt my style but its creative

honestly i dont care to see sr's shop or his dink rider employees...if rick left and worked for jr and the show was about jr and every now and then he shed some light on his family situation it would be alot better , than hearing crazy sr rant nonsense that clearly isnt true

sad to say but jr is going to put sr under and i dont think they will have a relationship until he crushes sr

Thumpin440ex
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Checked out that episode last night.. Sr is a egotistical freak.. One thing is that he is old school way, set in his ways.. How many old dudes do we know like this?? Not taking his side. Jr is in the right all the way, I enjoyed seeing his style of bikes, vs the huge raked out and up choppers. C mon they get old seeing them all the time.. I am looking forward to see more bikes from PJD.. I agree with Slightlybent. a hybryd with a huge V twin would have been kick ***... :D

John

mxpimp2000
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
that douche that is building the YfzR tried to say he rode A class mx and pro-am. But after he flipped it in the parking lot doin a stoppie it made him look D class:D

TCracin440ex
12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I do agree tho, Sr is INSANE.

you ever heard the saying "money is the root of all evil"

CJM
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
you ever heard the saying "money is the root of all evil"

Yup, did anyone ever notice how as the show went on and they got more money that the drama went way up?

One_Bad_400
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
5 minutes about the quad, 3 minutes about the memorial build. 52 minutes on drama... NICE!

KingpinsEx
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Wow another hour of my life wasted. That episode was a joke, tear down and send parts out. Not to mention they couldn't even get the parts on time. You would think the suppliers would have been notified prior to the show to have the parts ready to go, so they are not sitting around the shop doing nothing. Hes ordering things directly out of a catalog so how custom can this thing be? Without JR being directly involved, it seems like they aren't taking it very seriously. All the bikes they build are custom builds, they def. should have built a sweet hybrid, but it would take them a year to get all the parts haha. Oh well still cool seeing atvs on national tv.

SRH
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Wow another hour of my life wasted. That episode was a joke, tear down and send parts out. Not to mention they couldn't even get the parts on time. You would think the suppliers would have been notified prior to the show to have the parts ready to go, so they are not sitting around the shop doing nothing. Hes ordering things directly out of a catalog so how custom can this thing be? Without JR being directly involved, it seems like they aren't taking it very seriously. All the bikes they build are custom builds, they def. should have built a sweet hybrid, but it would take them a year to get all the parts haha. Oh well still cool seeing atvs on national tv.

youve obviously never dealt with atv parts suppliers

slightlybent47
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Could be all the drama is a put on and there still close behind the seines. Could be there milking the drama for the money.
All three are acting like children, jr. said he wanted sr. to be in the picture but he or Mike wont meat or talk to sr. and try to make up.

One_Bad_400
12-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Here is a REAL chopper quad build

http://image.hotrod.com/f/26285339/hrdp_1002_04+brimstone_quadracycle+.jpg

SpasticR450
12-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
5 minutes about the quad, 3 minutes about the memorial build. 52 minutes on drama... NICE!

HAHA ya I really think the show is acting. At first i didnt but when you watch colse and listen to how they talk (in mono) it's not to real. Just like on TRU tv. The repo show and ones like it I thought was real for a bit but then found out was 100% FAKE. Same for the rest of them tuf guy shows on tru tv.

Pappy
12-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
Here is a REAL chopper quad build

Damn skippy! I would want a different peg set up, but thats badass!

I watched the first 10 minutes of the show then went to bed. The kids said it wasnt worth watching so I geuss I did not miss anything. I stopped watching that show a long time ago, builds are cool, a soap opera aint.....

quadman21
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Spastic 450, If you look carefully either before or after that repo show in the credits there is a disclaimer that they are recreatements of events. At first I thought it was real until I saw them start hitting peeps.

American Chopper is a reality show yes, however the drama and history is real. Just like any show it is edited and produced to deiliver the best product for the audience. Right now it is the drama between Sr and Jr. Thus 'American Chopper Sr vs Jr'. If you do research, the lawsuits are real, the no show at the wedding, and the past lawsuits with Orange County Ironworks are all true. Discovery does a good job with the production.

The quad thing I think I can take it or leave it. They don't have the knowlede to do what all of us quad riders would like to see. I'm alright with that because as someone alrady said.....its exposure for our sport! How many non quad riders hate us when we come though the woods? So I say any exposure that is positive and can reach another audience is great for our sport.

Finally, I think the fact that PJD is reaching out to do different things is great too. Some of the comments I read about them continuing to to the same chopper and eventually dying out could all be true but I hope jr is smarter than that. This quad thing hopefully is a sign that he is willing to things a little differently. I was just at OCC friday. They had no more 'production' bikes they tried to push a few years back and they are now open for state inspection and service. If not for TV and merchandise OCC may be in trouble.

just my opinion.

SRH
12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
occ is going to go under its just a matter of when, hopefully pjd becomes more diverse than occ

KingpinsEx
12-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SRH
youve obviously never dealt with atv parts suppliers

Obviously, I have only raced for three years, all O.E.M. equipment... :rolleyes: I am sure these parts suppliers were notified who the parts where for, if not someone messed up. All I can say is if they were putting my parts on a build for national TV, they would be hand delivered!

SRH
12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
yeah....manufactuer...or supplier ? :rolleyes:

notice the a arms showed up from walsh i beleive, on time..., if you listened they were going thru catalogs to order alot of parts not direct to manufactuers

mxpimp2000
12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
that O.D kid was LAME very slow and claimed to ride pro-am. really are u kidding

Scro
12-14-2010, 06:47 AM
That's one ugly bike:o

C41Xracer
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
that is one ugly quad

CJM
12-14-2010, 07:00 AM
the blingstar guy liked it and for them thats all that matters.

I agree its ugly as sin.

lasher45
12-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I kinda like it :confused:

bubsyfz450
12-14-2010, 07:16 AM
i watched it, and all i can say is, how is it a custom build, when he left the stock hubs, radiator, rad hoses, swing arm, etc... after looking around this website, theres builds that are more extreme, and look way better than that god awful color scheme!!!!

PaRedneckRiders
12-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by bubsyfz450
i watched it, and all i can say is, how is it a custom build, when he left the stock hubs, radiator, rad hoses, swing arm, etc... after looking around this website, theres builds that are more extreme, and look way better than that god awful color scheme!!!!
Thats what i was thinking theres nothing that great about it.
Just some painted plastic and some powdercoat.
Then blingstar just through a bunch of parts on it.
IMO its nothing special unless you have never seen a quad before.
But if the kid liked it thats all that really mattered.
To each his own i guess.

465Stroker
12-14-2010, 09:00 AM
I thought Susan Parker was to ride the quad? Local paper here had a big writeup that Susan was going to be on last nights show and I did not even see her ride the quad or be mentioned?

Scro
12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Isn't that her standing in the blue Fly gear?

bbender85
12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Isn't that her standing in the blue Fly gear?

kind of.

http://www.susanparkerracing.com/picts/orange%20county/paul_jr_susan.JPG

lem dad
12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
PJD is a joke if not for tv they could not get a build My 12 year old son could build a better quad

CJM
12-14-2010, 10:48 AM
All I can think of is time constraints and that blingstar might have specified what they wanted done.

Had it been me it woulda got a totally different color scheme, engine, carb and exhaust, a-arms, axle, extended swinger, etc.

BakerRacing40
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
i agree a better custom quad could have been built, but the customer is blingstar. why would they want to spend a ton of extra money to advertise products that they don't even make? it draws attention to their products and with that color scheme, you'd need a topless vegas show to top it... :devil:

Scro
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
you'd need a topless vegas show to top it... :devil:

You'd need a topless vegas dancer sitting on it, to make it worth looking at.;)

rageatvsupermom
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Here are my thoughts, Blingstar was the customer and they should have put the Blingstar logo on the plastics like a graphics kit, this build is to showcase their products and what they can do. I thought that the show was a little silly, we do need all the positive exposure that we can get. Having the Odie kid ride the bike around the parking lot without a helmet and flipping it over was not the smartest move. That is one of the reasons people think quads are the devil.....there should have been a better plan.
The color scheme is loud and a eye catcher but the only hope for that bike is that it goes to shows to draw crowds it will be a great conversation piece. Making a big deal that Susan was involved did confuse me, she was not showcased at all, so that was a bit misleading.

After this we won't be watching this show, the drama is silly and really Paul Jr, does not even bother to show up unless there is a problem, he won't be in business long if he continues. Paul Sr. needs help, he has so many issues I don't even know where to start.

I was excited when it came out that this was in the works but really was very dissapointed...not what I expected or what it was
promoted to be.:(

mxpimp2000
12-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by CJM
All I can think of is time constraints and that blingstar might have specified what they wanted done.

Had it been me it woulda got a totally different color scheme, engine, carb and exhaust, a-arms, axle, extended swinger, etc.

why would you change that? They put the top of the line parts on it and looks like no expense was spared. Walsh,FOX,DASA,HIPER, to me thats alot of cash. Only thing i would change is the plastics/graphics/neon red color. as far as everything else i liked it and everyone on here would've took the chance to ride it just to be on tv "just sayin"

CJM
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Uh cause it wasnt what I would want out of a quad?

They didnt really state exactly what they used besides the very end when the guy mumbled a bunch of stuff and during the build a bit.

Notice at least when they build the bikes they go "and we got the seat done by x and so forth" They didnt say much about the quad.

It certainly wasnt what I woulda built at all.

SRH
12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
quad is a nice quad, loud color scheme i wouldnt want them but it was nice

od said a for mx, a and pro am for tt, but i dont think hes raced in yrs, he was racing cars i think

465Stroker
12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
kind of.

http://www.susanparkerracing.com/picts/orange%20county/paul_jr_susan.JPG

Susan was on the front page atvriders press release about the American Choppers Blingstar build but she was never mentioned, featured or even recognised on the TV show last night.. I was just wondering what happened as she is a local MX girl that had a big writeup in the paper about making MX racing a career, etc. I was disapointed that she did not get her chance in the spotlight.

YOURADHERE
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I read recently that OCC's HUGE shop that they built a couple years ago is in danger of being forclosed upon. Reason being is when the shop was first errected it was valued at ~$12 million so that's what the loan amount was for. Well with the changing economy a recent appraisal listed the building as being worth ~$7 million. So Sr slacked off in paying the notes and is wanting the company in which he got the loan from to basically restructure to reflect the shop's current value so that he doesnt have to pay up for the full ~$12 million plus interest. Pretty ballsy.

And I still say they're both idiots for thinking they could go on and on making huge money on what amounts to a fad. I think they're both destined to fail. Don't get me wrong, I hate to see any shop close the doors, but they need to adapt to an ever-changing market. For example if they went out and produced just a bare bones, bare minimum hardtail bobber with a quality mill(S&S like they've always used) and decent parts with some nice paint schemes and market them as a production bike and sell them for ~$15,000-20,000 they'd sell well. But they dont, I believe the cheapest bike they offer is something like $31,000. Not many people looking to drop $40,000 on a bike now days, however WAY more people are looking to spend <$20k on a kickass bike.

YOURADHERE
12-14-2010, 02:04 PM
There's no reason they couldnt build/sell something like this and do great, especially with a name as big as theres.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2058/3531149188_3eb2620193.jpg

yellowzo3
12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
There's no reason they couldnt build/sell something like this and do great, especially with a name as big as theres.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2058/3531149188_3eb2620193.jpg

What bike is this? I've been looking for a pic on the web of that bike for a LONG time. The picture I'm looking for is pretty big (wallpaper size) and I've been trying to find out who built that bike for a long while. Thanks for any help or leads you can offer!

Anyways, about the quad... Half the people on this site can/have built better bikes than that one. I don't see anything special about it. I don't think its that ugly, but that's probably because I love neon colors :p

As for the people deserving credit and not getting it... That's how its been from day 1 with OCC... Everyone who put in the time doing the real work doesn't even get their name mentioned at the reveals or anything. (Wasn't this part of the reason Vinnie left a few years ago?)

CJM
12-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Yea, Vinnie left cause he got zilch out of it all and Paulie and Sr got everything.

I kinda like that guy Christian, he always works hard but almost NEVER gets to do anything on the theme bikes.

YOURADHERE
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
What bike is this? I've been looking for a pic on the web of that bike for a LONG time. The picture I'm looking for is pretty big (wallpaper size) and I've been trying to find out who built that bike for a long while. Thanks for any help or leads you can offer!

Anyways, about the quad... Half the people on this site can/have built better bikes than that one. I don't see anything special about it. I don't think its that ugly, but that's probably because I love neon colors :p

As for the people deserving credit and not getting it... That's how its been from day 1 with OCC... Everyone who put in the time doing the real work doesn't even get their name mentioned at the reveals or anything. (Wasn't this part of the reason Vinnie left a few years ago?)

I just stumbled across the pic on the net. I found an article on it. It's built by Brass Balls Bobbers and was built for a Marine. Pretty slick bike. No hi-res pics but it might get you on the right track.

http://cyclesource.com/newsblog/2009/06/04/american-gladiators-ride-brass-balls-bobbers

ZeroLogic
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM
That is one ugly bike. That kid has no idea what he is doing. And he couldn't ride for ****.:o

I use to see the occ guys every now and then, they are about a hour away from me. The first bike junior built in his own shop was the nicest bike they ever put out.:macho

yellowzo3
12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I just stumbled across the pic on the net. I found an article on it. It's built by Brass Balls Bobbers and was built for a Marine. Pretty slick bike. No hi-res pics but it might get you on the right track.

http://cyclesource.com/newsblog/2009/06/04/american-gladiators-ride-brass-balls-bobbers

Yessssssssss thanks a ton man!! :cool:

SRH
12-14-2010, 04:29 PM
oh come on, most of you guys own more poorly setup and uglier quads than the one they built, it was a nice ride, its an attention grabber but would anyone really want to own it for anything other than show? no itd look like trash after a moto

and get real odie isnt a bad rider , average rider id say

stop hating so much , its great exposure, in the first episode they had parker doing some laps she had nothing to do with the build though

sr and jr both hav e there points about each other, i dont think they can exist away from each other and have any degree of success, they both need to be willing to give

what they both need to do to survive is let jr run the designing out of his shop , somewhat subbed out occ by paul jr designs line or something then they could take on the corporate builds and divide them up ....or something to that degree

anyone hear rick last night? yeah were using this motor...like we do in every bike.... were using this tank like every bike just changing this... sounded pretty bored like this is a joke.... the occ bikes are awful not enough design and creativity like jr always said if sr was in charge would happen and jr needs to be more involved just like sr always said

i cant see either company surviving unless they get a cheaper trick and desired bike of today being built... if either company will i think it will be pjd

slightlybent47
12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
It looked like Jr. was a no show as usual and he put all the responsibility on someone else, as usual . If he wanted Od to run with it that’s fine but don’t call it a pjd bike because he had nothing to do with it, but I guaranty he will take the credit for it. Jr just wants to point his finger and say do this and do that and then take all the credit for it. same old crap, deferent location.

I didn’t see any, custom anything on the quad, just bolt on parts that anyone can get and put on. Very disappointing.

hondariderdylan
12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
The YFZ looked like it just got butt raped by jeff gordons race car. But who cares as long as someone out there likes it and hopefully brings a new face to the sport.

As for Sr. and Jr, i completely side with Jr because the more i watch Sr and listen to him, the more he reminds me of my own father: Angry, Over-Demanding, and willing to break up a family if he doesnt get exactly what he wants.

I know how Jr. feels.:ermm:

CJM
12-14-2010, 05:52 PM
^ I agree, Jr might be lazy imho but his dad...wow. The guy basically is a control freak who starts arguments for no real reason most of the time and alienated his sons (his 3rd son wants NOTHING to do with him) and his family, workers, hell everyone really.

I worked for a guy like that for over 3 years and when he fired me finally I said ok and left just cause I was so happy I could finally leave without quitting. Itsnever fun when someone like that is your boss.

tayyo789
12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
The YFZ looked like it just got butt raped by jeff gordons race car.

Best way to put it right there.
I thought they were actually going to do something cool with this thing, not just powdercoat it the worst colors they could think of and then put it back together with blingstar stuff :ermm:

Although that new Iron cross looking bumper looks a lot better than the old ones

SRH
12-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
It looked like Jr. was a no show as usual and he put all the responsibility on someone else, as usual . If he wanted Od to run with it that’s fine but don’t call it a pjd bike because he had nothing to do with it, but I guaranty he will take the credit for it. Jr just wants to point his finger and say do this and do that and then take all the credit for it. same old crap, deferent location.

I didn’t see any, custom anything on the quad, just bolt on parts that anyone can get and put on. Very disappointing.

agree and disagree, what were they going to do ? jr doesnt build quads leave that up to walsh or someone i mean he had nice walsh fox suspension and what not

those chopper companies dotn know anything about performance geometry and suspension

they more or less built the quad as advertisement for blingstar...

the same as the only reason companies have choppers built is to advertise for 1-2 hrs on tv

paul jr is the boss he doesnt need to get his hands dirty, his company , his deal, his employee, his credit, hes going to make mistakes , he should of overseen the build more but i think it came out good, i dont understand why you guys hate on the quad so much or what you expected some tin workers to do to a motocross quad...

if they built a quad chopper with blingstar stuff and then spent more time advertising the race action at the unveil talking about the sport and how blingstar is involved it would of been much more interesting

slightlybent47
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
agree and disagree, what were they going to do ? jr doesnt build quads leave that up to walsh or someone i mean he had nice walsh fox suspension and what not

those chopper companies dotn know anything about performance geometry and suspension

the same as the only reason companies have choppers built is to advertise for 1-2 hrs on tv

paul jr is the boss he doesnt need to get his hands dirty, his company , his deal, his employee, his credit, hes going to make mistakes , he should of overseen the build more but i think it came out good, i dont understand why you guys hate on the quad so much or what you expected some tin workers to do to a motocross quad...

if they built a quad chopper with blingstar stuff and then spent more time advertising the race action at the unveil talking about the sport and how blingstar is involved it would of been much more interesting

Jr’s job as owner is to at the least over see the operations of his company. I understand that he was on his honeymoon but he should have left someone in charge to over see Od during the build. It was foolish of jr. to just leave such an important build to someone that has no experience.
As for the bike, I can order every part they installed and assemble it here in my garage and have it look the same or even better. And I’m sure that was the point for Blingstar.

I still think they would have done better by still using all the blingstar stuff but with a big v twin jammed in there for good measure.

flyboy62
12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
my opinion, i thought the quad looked like sh**. the colors were so bad! They should stick to choppers

YOURADHERE
12-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Jr’s job as owner is to at the least over see the operations of his company. I understand that he was on his honeymoon but he should have left someone in charge to over see Od during the build. It was foolish of jr. to just leave such an important build to someone that has no experience.
As for the bike, I can order every part they installed and assemble it here in my garage and have it look the same or even better. And I’m sure that was the point for Blingstar.

I still think they would have done better by still using all the blingstar stuff but with a big v twin jammed in there for good measure.

He put the responsibility on Odie while on his honeymoon and he failed to maintain control.

Personally I think a majority of you are completely failing to realize that this was about one thing and one thing only for Blingstar. ADVERTISING. Marketing 101 fellas. Is it ugly? Sure. Could most of you build a similar performing atv? Sure. We all know Blingstar was pretty capable of building an atv themselves. So lets say they paid PJD ~$30,000 for the quad....they got 2 hours worth of advertising on a fairly major national network in 2 weeks and a slick looking quad that's going to do nothing but be hauled around to product expo's to show off their product. It's a brillant move on their part.

ZeroLogic
12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SRH

I think you answered your question in your own response. Everyone would of liked it more if it was a chopper. If it had some fab to do. A chopper is something chopped up and customized. I agree with Jr. He is the boss, he runs the show. But every boss has to get his hands dirty every now and then.
The colors are horrible though. If they would of done something to customize it and make it stand out from any other quad with new paint and new parts it wouldn't be so bad.
I think Jr should of researched and gathered up ideas like he does for any other chopper and had a game plan it would of turned out so much better. The kid was to young to be running the show also.

I loved this show during the first season. Ever since after that its been a drama story. The show is about bikes, not yelling and hollering.

But if you ask me, Jr is a waste of talent.

slightlybent47
12-15-2010, 07:27 PM
He put the responsibility on Odie while on his honeymoon and he failed to maintain control.

Personally I think a majority of you are completely failing to realize that this was about one thing and one thing only for Blingstar. ADVERTISING. Marketing 101 fellas. Is it ugly? Sure. Could most of you build a similar performing atv? Sure. We all know Blingstar was pretty capable of building an atv themselves. So lets say they paid PJD ~$30,000 for the quad....they got 2 hours worth of advertising on a fairly major national network in 2 weeks and a slick looking quad that's going to do nothing but be hauled around to product expo's to show off their product. It's a brillant move on their part.

Hay I already agreed that Blingstar got what they wanted out of it. But if you have been following the show jr always tells someone to make something while he goes and pretends to be doing something. That’s what sr always got pissed off about.

trick450r
12-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I deffinatly agree he shoulda gone out of his way a bit more. Theirs a whole lot more on a quad that CAN be custom made then they made it seem. Not everything is best ordered out of a catalogue, I made dozens of custom parts for my 450r over the multiple winter builds...If they wanted to put in the effort, and if Odie had any fuggin idea what he was doing, this could have come together a whole lot better...

rubbersdown
12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I just think Paulie didnt give a crap. ATV's are not his job, choppers are. He probably made $10,000 profit on that ATV which isnt crap for them, it just paid everyones salary for like a week. Hes a new company and taking any work he can but im sure he spends most of his time going out looking for people to sell a custom chopper to. Why make $10K on a quad build when you can make $60-70K on a chopper build in damn near the same amount of time. His focus is on bikes and I dont think he really cared that much about the quad but Blingstar got their time on TV and Paulie got a little paycheck. everyones happy... Except atv riders cuz that thing looked terrible lol.

RATPACK Z400
12-16-2010, 11:36 AM
If you guys heard on show, he was heading out to go on his honeymoon,he left the build to the guys mostly Odie . I think they could have custom built more and would have if JR was there .

CJM
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
I think he shoulda let Odie build the atv but left vinny in charge.

300racer
12-16-2010, 08:18 PM
did they paint the plastic? why would you do that to an atv? it looked bad but after 1 or 2 races it will look even worse!

CJM
12-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
did they paint the plastic? why would you do that to an atv? it looked bad but after 1 or 2 races it will look even worse!

They didnt use run of the mill paint. They painted it like you would paint a cars bumper, it has a special flex agent in it so that it adheres and flexes with the plastics.

dehner47
12-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by CJM
They didnt use run of the mill paint. They painted it like you would paint a cars bumper, it has a special flex agent in it so that it adheres and flexes with the plastics.

i dont care if they used sweat from Gumbies private areas in the paint.. its gonna look like crap after a few 450's rock blast the piss outta it. they should of used graphics to tie the crazy color scheme together. would of lasted longer, and would of made a better looking product "in the long run".

madskrillz2
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i dont care if they used sweat from Gumbies private areas in the paint.. its gonna look like crap after a few 450's rock blast the piss outta it. they should of used graphics to tie the crazy color scheme together. would of lasted longer, and would of made a better looking product "in the long run".

Pretty sure they're not worried about anything long run. This was all for show.

danthrop
12-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Not that I cared too much for the finished product, but isn't his company Paul Jr. Designs anyhow, not Paul Jr. Choppers?? He did a coleman grill for god sakes!! Just because he got his fame and fortune from choppers doesn't mean that's all he has to do. I think it's cool a quad was even on a big time tv show anyhow, hell it's hard enough to see an atv on tv whatsoever.

quad2xtreme
12-17-2010, 06:37 AM
the editing was out of sequence. Odie had his new jersey on for one of the interview segments before they gave him the jersey and sponsorship at the end of the show. :p

TURBO33
01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
All I can say is they should of used www.outtacontrolcustoms.com
I would of been glad to help. I must say for us in the ATV market we all know that that quad wasn't nothing great. I see quads like that and even better by everyday quad owners that care about their rides. You need to relize that for the most part inter-city people watch this show as well and probably don't know any better.

SRH
01-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by TURBO33
All I can say is they should of used www.outtacontrolcustoms.com
I would of been glad to help. I must say for us in the ATV market we all know that that quad wasn't nothing great. I see quads like that and even better by everyday quad owners that care about their rides. You need to relize that for the most part inter-city people watch this show as well and probably don't know any better.

you see the stuff they build on american chopper is a advertisement for whatever company having a bike built i couldnt imagine what the cost would be for 2 hrs of tv time for a company but having occ or pjd build you a bike is a heck of alot cheaper... blingstar could of built there own quad and it would of been nicer, but it wouldnt be on discovery

so say you bought a chopper from pjd for 100k your bike is built in the span of 2 episodes and you get background on your company ...heck of a deal

thing ive always wondered is without the show would occ or pjd survive?

quad2xtreme
01-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by SRH

thing ive always wondered is without the show would occ or pjd survive?

Paul Sr definitely forgets the "luck" factor in his "success" when Discovery decided to air a show like this. They could have picked from any number of shops out there. Prior to Discovery, I am sure he was making it like he said...started in his basement. But, you don't build houses like those without "shop" money. Hard to tell if he would make it in this economy though.

To the point about using this as advertising, I've been surprised that Jr had so much trouble landing the 1st customers. I would have thought they'd be lining up for the publicity.

wild250rman
01-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Maybe if Jr. would quit acting like a spoiled brat and had more respect for his dad that put him were he is, Jr. would do better!

SRH
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Paul Sr definitely forgets the "luck" factor in his "success" when Discovery decided to air a show like this. They could have picked from any number of shops out there. Prior to Discovery, I am sure he was making it like he said...started in his basement. But, you don't build houses like those without "shop" money. Hard to tell if he would make it in this economy though.

To the point about using this as advertising, I've been surprised that Jr had so much trouble landing the 1st customers. I would have thought they'd be lining up for the publicity.

yeah i know, i have a hard time understanding why anyone would even have senior build anything, jr's bikes are nicer and the companys get more airtime

jr does custom, sr does manufactuered

if they dont make up, which i cant see happening as long as there in competiting business jr will tank occ and prob have the show all to himself with some fill in on what sr has been up to

TCracin440ex
01-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
if they dont make up, which i cant see happening as long as there in competiting business jr will tank occ and prob have the show all to himself with some fill in on what sr has been up to

dont see that happening simply because american chopper has more drama in it then days of our lives, all my children, and more arguing and fighting then WWE & TNA combined

and america loves drama. i guess it makes them think well my household aint so fugged up after all

CJM
01-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
Maybe if Jr. would quit acting like a spoiled brat and had more respect for his dad that put him were he is, Jr. would do better!

I dont think you realize just how bad their relationship is.

How would you like to work for someone who yells and screams at you all day for bs? Thats all Paul Sr does, its why the one son bought OC Ironworks and wants nothing to do with Sr, its why he is divorced, its why Paulie and Mikey and Sr's daughter want nothing much to do with him. Thats why Nub doesnt deal with Sr nor does justin from jb gfx. All the man does is yell and create arguments over bs.

Infact I remember one episode where Sr went nuts cause they had coffee cups laying around. I can understand he was annoyed that it was messy but he made everyone drop what they were doing, screamed and yelled to go pick them up and continued scream. Whats more important-cranking out the bikes or having a clean shop? Ive worked in countless shops, almost all of them were messy pig sty's - but the best work came from places like that-cause they spent all thier time on working and not cleaning.

As I see it, Sr acts like an immature idiot and Paulie actually is the one who is more mature. youd ont see Paulie building a bike launcher thing and then dressing a dummy like his dad, you dont see him sending a look alike to bother his bad, and you dont see him riding past his shop just to annoy him.

Without Paulie doing the designs all OCC does is make the same bikes basically. Same old frame, same forks, same kinda fenders and such-they just make it into what the company paying them wants. I think Paulie makes not only better looking bikes, but he seems to actually try to make them special and different vs OCC.

But of course drama sells..

SRH
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I dont think you realize just how bad their relationship is.

How would you like to work for someone who yells and screams at you all day for bs? Thats all Paul Sr does, its why the one son bought OC Ironworks and wants nothing to do with Sr, its why he is divorced, its why Paulie and Mikey and Sr's daughter want nothing much to do with him. Thats why Nub doesnt deal with Sr nor does justin from jb gfx. All the man does is yell and create arguments over bs.

Infact I remember one episode where Sr went nuts cause they had coffee cups laying around. I can understand he was annoyed that it was messy but he made everyone drop what they were doing, screamed and yelled to go pick them up and continued scream. Whats more important-cranking out the bikes or having a clean shop? Ive worked in countless shops, almost all of them were messy pig sty's - but the best work came from places like that-cause they spent all thier time on working and not cleaning.

As I see it, Sr acts like an immature idiot and Paulie actually is the one who is more mature. youd ont see Paulie building a bike launcher thing and then dressing a dummy like his dad, you dont see him sending a look alike to bother his bad, and you dont see him riding past his shop just to annoy him.

Without Paulie doing the designs all OCC does is make the same bikes basically. Same old frame, same forks, same kinda fenders and such-they just make it into what the company paying them wants. I think Paulie makes not only better looking bikes, but he seems to actually try to make them special and different vs OCC.

But of course drama sells..

i gotta agree, both of them have there points tho

vinnie is a stand up guy, never trash talks sr, and got a lot of crap from sr unreasonably about the shop mess and never lost his cool, you dont ever hear sr trash vinnie on air its really suprisiing to me

slightlybent47
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
With the equipment that sr. has at his disposal and the people he has working there, he should be putting out some seriously sick bikes instead of just half *** theme bikes. Sr. is milking the breakup for all the money he can make off the situation. Sr. thinks it’s a game, he has no clue as to what he is doing to his relationship with his sons. And it doesn’t sound like he cares.

CJM
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i gotta agree, both of them have there points tho

vinnie is a stand up guy, never trash talks sr, and got a lot of crap from sr unreasonably about the shop mess and never lost his cool, you dont ever hear sr trash vinnie on air its really suprisiing to me

x2.

I think they both have valid points. Im sure Paulie isnt an angel and played a part in the problems-takes two to tango, ya know? Mikey, well I often wonder if he has a few screws loose and aggravates Sr (he seems nice tho) by accident and doesnt realize it.

As for vinnie, seems for whatever reason there is no real focus on him and he basically is just there to work. Sr, Paulie, everyone seems to like him. From what I gather was he left b/c he was sick of the work environment and felt it was hostile. Out of all of them, I feel bad for that guy Christian having to work for Sr. He seems like a really nice guy and just shuts his mouth and does his work and gets no credit for anything. Course maybe he doesnt want to be part of the filmed stuff unless he has to.

racrdude41
01-08-2011, 01:25 AM
anyone no what class the kid ran on that bike at the NEATV?

brian76708
01-08-2011, 06:29 AM
anyone watch the behind the scenes episode thought it was interesting that they both have a separate producer. which it seems each producer has taken the side of who they are filming.

kfx400rider03
01-08-2011, 08:38 AM
senior looks skinnier now especially in the face and chicken flap on his arms now. must be off the steroids:rolleyes:
and what kind of nerf bars are they from blingstar?

TURBO33
01-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't know what knerfs they were but it sure was'nt very impressive to see them having to be beat on with a hammer to fit. I would think they would edit that part out.

SRH
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
those were the pro peg style ones i beleive, and they were pounding them onto the shaft, if you know anything about quads you know if there not a tight fit like that , theyll get sloppier ...blingstar is all good quality

BLU82
01-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by racrdude41
anyone no what class the kid ran on that bike at the NEATV?
He ran collegeboy. And let's just say he didn't do too well.

Mxjunkie
01-09-2011, 12:37 PM
It was a cool looking quad but I've seen some members quads on here that would blow it out of the water no doubt in my mind.. :)

beags86
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
this thread is stupid.. no one but the people around the show and the places of work and the familys really know what everyone is like and whats going on.

its a tv show that is manipulated by the producers for the most drama. it's like pro wrestling. it's a soap opera for men.

do i watch it??? sure why not, i like seeing how company after company thinks it a awesome idea to have a "custom" bike built.. it's amazing to me how many time you can re-tin the same ol' bike

now do they want the tv time or the bike? they want the tv time.

sr seams to have some decent guys working there and hella of some cool machines and its the same ol' crap

jr seams to have some talent and i thought it would really be worth watching the "new" show. then the first bike were built... same ol' crap.

everyone one here would have never heard of occ because occ would have never made it out the little dumpy shop they have in the first show without a cable tv show.

haveing seen several bikes in person i can tell you that i could teach helen keller to weld better then the welds on those bikes.
you also can see cooler bikes just walking down the street during sturgis.

i could go on and on about this, but it seams to have been covered already. it just dumb to talk about, but everyone that has posted (including me) is doing what the producers intended.

getting people around the country together for a little water cooler talk, surely increaseing rateings and make the lame customers of jr. and sr. names known better.

tayyo789
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Biker build off > American chopper

SRH
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
Biker build off > American chopper

ratings viewers

bikebuild off <american chopper

pbc400ex
01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
first of all odie's a joke his boss puts him in charge of a build for a pretty significant company in a sport that he supposably competes in and his excuse for not calling the painter is he dosen't have his phone number. give me a break seems like theirs alot of people that dont have a job that would take it alot more serious. thats the finish product i mean it wasnt that bad it had alot of high quality parts but the color scheme sucked. did it even say blingstar anywhere anybody with a credit card could have built that. seems like vinnie can do just about anything mechanically no port and polish,compression change no big bore come on man we want power. i think the yfz 480 duner the guy from fuel customs built for his 65 year old dad featured in dirt wheels this month blows it away. last but not least sr is crazy every show all he does is talk sh*t about his own son. ya jr is a little lazy at times but neither one would be where they are without the other. now that jr is the boss he dosnt have to get his hands dirty unless he wants to but he better supervise a little better.

protraxrptr17
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Blingstar should have took all the money they spent on that ugly *** bike and sponsored a real rider in the nationals this year.

440racer66
01-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Blingstar should have took all the money they spent on that ugly *** bike and sponsored a real rider in the nationals this year.
my thoughts exactly

SRH
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
everyone at a national knows who blingstar is, it wouldnt make much sense to invest in that in comparison to 2 hrs of time on discovery

brian76708
01-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SRH
everyone at a national knows who blingstar is, it wouldnt make much sense to invest in that in comparison to 2 hrs of time on discovery

this

Black Sheep
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
A lot of negativity in this thread. Instead of tearing them down by nitpicking every little detail we all should be happy that bikes..and quads are getting airtime. It was not to long ago you had to stay up till 3am just to watch a week old race. Just enjoy the show for what it is or don't watch it...or better yet try and do something better. Who knows if some of you are the great builders you claime to be maybe you will get your own show. Just remember one thing though...the editors will do whatever it takes to get ratings.

protraxrptr17
01-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by SRH

Of course we all know who Blingstar is, but I would be much more likely to buy their products if they would spend advertising money on the actual sport that they are into. WHat good does it do for millions of people to see your name on TV who do not, or will not EVER ride. Kinda makes me have a negative image of them. Our sport is running out of money fast and they are paying big bucks to some dude who builds choppers just to be on TV. I thought it was cool until I watched the whole show. It did nothing to educate people about our sport or what kind of bikes we ride. Made it look like we cut donuts in parking lots, ride bikes that are basically stock with some gay *** powdercoat and our top aftermarket accesories companies have to hire some hack chopper company to build bikes. How many of potential Blingstar customers go to the nationals in a years time? How many potential customers watch that stupid ***, fake ***, motorcycle show in two episodes and still have enough respect for them to buy their products?

SRH
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Of course we all know who Blingstar is, but I would be much more likely to buy their products if they would spend advertising money on the actual sport that they are into. WHat good does it do for millions of people to see your name on TV who do not, or will not EVER ride. Kinda makes me have a negative image of them. Our sport is running out of money fast and they are paying big bucks to some dude who builds choppers just to be on TV. I thought it was cool until I watched the whole show. It did nothing to educate people about our sport or what kind of bikes we ride. Made it look like we cut donuts in parking lots, ride bikes that are basically stock with some gay *** powdercoat and our top aftermarket accesories companies have to hire some hack chopper company to build bikes. How many of potential Blingstar customers go to the nationals in a years time? How many potential customers watch that stupid ***, fake ***, motorcycle show in two episodes and still have enough respect for them to buy their products?

its the highest rated show on mondays

300-500 riders at national... ..so maybe you get 75 guys who got a blingstar product...probably doesnt even pay for the packaging blingstar stuff comes in

now you have millions of rec riders and motorsports enthusiasts watching that show who might never heard of blingstar, blingstar makes other stuff besides quad parts as well, look at this thread alone, and on other forums how much mention the show has gotten blingstar

it just sounds like your jealous of the oppurtunity pjd and occ have honestly

feuerstack411
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM

u mad bruh

MX MaNiAc 06
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
It bothered me how stupid odie sounded when he was explaining whats on the quad. He rides, he knows what the guy was looking for. Maybe he was just nervous but he could have been less of a numb skull. "well uhhhh gotcher blingstar bumper and nerf bars and uhh some colors." That was the only part that bothered me about representing our sport.

axellmusic19
01-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I am not one to encourage uneducated behavior and misrepresentation of our sport on television, however I am at least glad that there was some air time (no pun in intended) of ATV racing. This may not be realistic to us who race and realize what really goes into a successful and custom quad, but at least the general public might now understand the type of riding we do instead of rednecks home videos on AFV and Youtube. Granted this was created in a completely sponsored environment, but so is our sport. There would be no racing or tracks without sponsorship or company support. I agree I am not a fan of the accessories they added, nor are most relevant but props to the producers for letting us be showed in a somewhat organized manner and giving sport riding the recognition the typical "chopper watcher" might not give.

protraxrptr17
01-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by SRH
its the highest rated show on mondays

300-500 riders at national... ..so maybe you get 75 guys who got a blingstar product...probably doesnt even pay for the packaging blingstar stuff comes in

now you have millions of rec riders and motorsports enthusiasts watching that show who might never heard of blingstar, blingstar makes other stuff besides quad parts as well, look at this thread alone, and on other forums how much mention the show has gotten blingstar

it just sounds like your jealous of the oppurtunity pjd and occ have honestly

No, I'm have a problem with Blingstar because our top riders are losing their jobs and real ATV shops are closing while they are out supporting a chopper TV show. I have no problem with pjd and occ. I have seen every episode. They got a huge blessing in life. They made millions of dollars and became famous by building mediocre choppers and fighting on TV. Maybe you are right, maybe they will sell millions of bumpers and nerfs to American chopper fans. I watch the show and I also ride (which is the target demographic for Blingstar), I am LESS likely to buy anything Blingstar. If they went out and supported a rider or series this year, I would be MORE likely to buy a Blingstar product. For instance,, the TQRA series (that I compete in). If they came in and sposored the series and had a contingency, I would definitely go buy something as would many in the series. Are you gonna go get a Blingstar bumper because of American Chopper?

How many times do we hear, support those that support the sport? Yeah, it got SOME exposure. For me, it gave a negative image for blingstar. I hate the word "Bling" anyway. Maybe they do fit in with the chopper crowd. Doug Gust and Dustin Wimmer cant even get a ride for petes sake.

MX Maniac, I'm with you.

quad2xtreme
01-12-2011, 07:26 AM
By the time "sponsored" riders take their discounts, the company isn't likely making much money anyhow. Then riders assume it is business savvy for them to turn around and push that little profit into funding a series which is supposed to be the payback instead of buying food and health insurance.

What would be better is if riders learned to pay full price for products so these companies would be in better financial position or directly write a check to the series or the track owners. I buy product through a pro rider and tell him every time to make sure he builds in ample profit for himself. It is my contribution to having a pro make it to some races. I am likely to fund him making 1-2 races this year in straight donation.

People expect other people to do what is needed so they can be selfish and "just ride" while others are taking care of business. You have to ask yourself what have you done to support the sport? Have you contributed time or $$$ to your local track or racing district? If not, you aren't doing enough. The sport can't grow purely based on "business". There isn't enough fan appeal to fund the sport we love. This sport costs money and it isn't going to come from advertising dollars like the other big well-known sports. This sport will never grow and make it if we all sit around waiting for the marketing/advertising dollars to roll-in.

Yea, this is way off topic I now realize but I've wasted all this time typing this so it is getting posted. Sorry for ranting.

SRH
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
No, I'm have a problem with Blingstar because our top riders are losing their jobs and real ATV shops are closing while they are out supporting a chopper TV show. I have no problem with pjd and occ. I have seen every episode. They got a huge blessing in life. They made millions of dollars and became famous by building mediocre choppers and fighting on TV. Maybe you are right, maybe they will sell millions of bumpers and nerfs to American chopper fans. I watch the show and I also ride (which is the target demographic for Blingstar), I am LESS likely to buy anything Blingstar. If they went out and supported a rider or series this year, I would be MORE likely to buy a Blingstar product. For instance,, the TQRA series (that I compete in). If they came in and sposored the series and had a contingency, I would definitely go buy something as would many in the series. Are you gonna go get a Blingstar bumper because of American Chopper?

How many times do we hear, support those that support the sport? Yeah, it got SOME exposure. For me, it gave a negative image for blingstar. I hate the word "Bling" anyway. Maybe they do fit in with the chopper crowd. Doug Gust and Dustin Wimmer cant even get a ride for petes sake.

MX Maniac, I'm with you.

the smart thing to do in blingstars position is spend the money on american chopper

do you honestly beleive if they spent however much on a rider for the season, it would pay for its self? not likely guys are going to go ahead and buy whatever they like regardless

national might see

600 diff riders these days who all already own nerfs and bumpers, the pro and pro ams run whats free , then you have a small percentage of am riders who will buy a new product and unless its a deal or is exactly there style there not going to buy it anyway

american chopper

sees millions of viewers interested in motorsports, it peaks there curiousity and they check out blingstar they see all the trailer accessories, and other stuff they make , there now potential customers if not instant customers

if you have any business sense u know this was very smart by blingstar

slightlybent47
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I just watched it and in the beginning the guy that owns Blingstar said that they were all about being loud. He said “we want something that pops……something that’s in your face” so that’s what they got.
We are forgetting how many times the show will be repeated. I know I have seen it repeated 5-6 times already. You may not like the bike but the exposure they are getting is huge.