PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Question??

flyboy62
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
my clutch is just so hard to pull in, i am starting to get arm pump in like 3 laps. i was running an MSR shorty lever and i thought that was my problem so i put the stock perch and lever on but that didnt do anything, i lubed the cable and i tried adjusting it every way possible, but i just can figure out how to fix it. should i get a new clutch cable? levers? hydraulic clutch? i have heard both sides on the hydraulic clutches. BTW my clutch plates and basket and brand new(2 rides) i just want to be able to pull the clutch is easier. any help is welcome.
thanks, Zach Eller

dran714
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM
ok so was it hard to pull in before the new clutch? did you put some crazy stiff springs in it? maybe try the stock old springs back in it... if not put on a new cable i know yyou lubed it but it could have a worn spot inside and they are cheap! something is not right my R pulls so easy my wife can even ride mine!

atvracin74
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
if it is all completely brand new it may need a little breaking in but usually they shouldnt be that hard to pull... also i had a problem like that with the throttle on my last bike it was very hard to push and after a few laps my thumb/hand was dead... try taking a ball or something you can grip and that should help your hand gain some strength

wckedclownz69
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
start lifting.... lol jk.. stock or aftermarket plates and springs?? might just need broke in

flyboy62
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
thanks guys, i had my motor redone by some one and he just put the clutch in for me since he had it apart. so i am not sure if he put the stock springs back in or not. i will look into that

quad2xtreme
12-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Zach, definitely check the cable out.

Disconnect it from the clutch and see how easy it is to push and pull the cable from that end (near the engine). If you can easily push it in and pull it out then your cable isn't the problem. If not, replace the cable.

You aren't getting arm pump from shifting...even if it is a little hard to pull. Your arm pump is a result of putting crap into your body!

/Jon