PDA

View Full Version : ATV Motocross Nationals Tracks/Former Tracks Info/list looking for?

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
11-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Okay I know this is random, but I want to ask about this anyway. I was wondering if all of you and anyone on here could let me know what all the ATV Nationals MX Tracks are and the location of them. Also looking for info for former ATV Nationals MX Tracks too, so any nationals motocross tracks that you know of, please let me know. I want to write it all down. Let me know people please

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Okay so I know of 18 Nationals Motocross tracks that have held ATV Nationals Racing events so far. Come on people, don't play dumb here. I know some of you know about some Nationals Motocross tracks and former Nationals Motocross tracks. So post em. I know dirt bikes got a lot of tracks to go race at, and some of those tracks i know used to hold nationals ATV Racing events, so if you know of any motocross tracks, please make a post and SPEAK UP!

Lasher
11-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Local to me is MX338 located in Southwick Mass.

Many years ago they used to race nationals (4 and 3 wheels) and then had one national for quads around 2002?

(Stepping on soapbox)
Bikes still race the track as part of their national series but quad riders "complained" too much to keep it on the schedule.

"Its too far"
"Not enough jumps"
"They don't groom the track"

Were just some of the complaints I heard at the quad national race. All I can say...what a bunch of babies. It is SOUTHWICK...unless you have race the track (especially late in the day) you would not understand.
(Getting off soapbox now)

OutlawEX
12-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Unadilla does not groom. I hate that place

eastcoastpro20
12-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Atvmotocross.com

12-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I miss echeconnee in Macon, Ga. That was always my favorite

Brad77
12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by lsrbrad

I hear ya man ! I miss that one too. Also considering I am about only an hour away from the track I used to go almost every year. Even if just to watch.

trick450r
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Southwick Blows on a quad, the problem is by the end of the day the kids cant even get around the track, the 200-300 class guys are beating themselves half to death trying to get around. And the guys on 450's have to slow way the hell down and stick to one line and hope to god they have a single opportunity to make a pass by the end of the race.

Above this the track was designed in the 60's or 70's and is pretty much just a bunch of elevation changes with the addition of a few small tables and rollers of different sorts. And was completely unchange untill like 3-4 years ago when they made people run backwards...guess what? it still sucks on a quad!

Originally posted by Lasher
Local to me is MX338 located in Southwick Mass.

Many years ago they used to race nationals (4 and 3 wheels) and then had one national for quads around 2002?

(Stepping on soapbox)
Bikes still race the track as part of their national series but quad riders "complained" too much to keep it on the schedule.

"Its too far"
"Not enough jumps"
"They don't groom the track"

Were just some of the complaints I heard at the quad national race. All I can say...what a bunch of babies. It is SOUTHWICK...unless you have race the track (especially late in the day) you would not understand.
(Getting off soapbox now)

mamaknothead
12-03-2010, 07:29 AM
There are a couple they raced in Texas

Lake Whittney in Tyler Texas

Oakhill in Dallas Texas B
both are pretty cool tracks sure wish the AMA ATVA would come back to Texas

Lasher
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
Southwick Blows on a quad, the problem is by the end of the day the kids cant even get around the track, the 200-300 class guys are beating themselves half to death trying to get around. And the guys on 450's have to slow way the hell down and stick to one line and hope to god they have a single opportunity to make a pass by the end of the race.

Above this the track was designed in the 60's or 70's and is pretty much just a bunch of elevation changes with the addition of a few small tables and rollers of different sorts. And was completely unchange untill like 3-4 years ago when they made people run backwards...guess what? it still sucks on a quad!

Kids...agree on that one.

But the reason (not saying you) people slow down is their set up is off/not good or they are not in shape. I remember watching Doug Gust back around 2002 run laptimes close to the bike times.

Southwick is a different kind of track. Old school MX style...not a bigger supercross style track. That was the complaint back then from the national riders. "Where's the big jumps?" when Southwick seperates the men from the boys (and yes, I still suck on the track but love it for being different)

OutlawBill
12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
Okay so I know of 18 Nationals Motocross tracks that have held ATV Nationals Racing events so far. Come on people, don't play dumb here. I know some of you know about some Nationals Motocross tracks and former Nationals Motocross tracks. So post em. I know dirt bikes got a lot of tracks to go race at, and some of those tracks i know used to hold nationals ATV Racing events, so if you know of any motocross tracks, please make a post and SPEAK UP! alist of the 18 you have may help

440racer66
12-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by lsrbrad

i liked it during practice but after that it sucks. it beat the crap out of me.

mxduner
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
Kids...agree on that one.

Southwick is a different kind of track. Old school MX style...not a bigger supercross style track. That was the complaint back then from the national riders. "Where's the big jumps?" when Southwick seperates the men from the boys (and yes, I still suck on the track but love it for being different) yea man old school. wish they had more sand tracks..

did they ever race at troy,oh.? route 66 i think it was called:ermm:

mxduner
12-09-2010, 07:29 PM
oh yea back in the day, washougal,wa.

K-Dub
12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Not as far as I can remember did they ever race at Troy Ohio. And it was called Kenworthy's. The bikes raced there for years. Had the widow maker, the dirty dozen, and the biased gap. Watched a few bike races there. What about Hi point MT. Morris. There was an MX track around Parkersburgh WV the GNC MX raced at in the late 80s. You had Dainel Boone down in Ketucky- the table of 2 and the SX 6.