PDA

View Full Version : Former ATV Pro Motocross Racers What happened to all of them?

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Okay so I noticed that some pro racers that were racing before, they are around. what happened to the pro racers like:
-Travis Spader #30
-Kory Ellis #53
-Joe Haavisto #75
-Jason Dunkelberger #19
-Matt White #101
-Tim Farr #4
-Dana Creech #52
-Tavis Cain #6
-Shane Hitt #5

Doug Gust I know he retired because Suzuki didn't give him a good offer for a sponsorship anymore. Jason Luburgh, I know what happened to him. Jeremiah Jones I know he is out because of an accident from 2006 changed his life. So where did all of these other Pro ATV Motocross Racers disappear to? The list of Pro ATV Motocross Racers just seems to be getting smaller everytime, every year now. Anyone know what happened to these pro racers and where they disappeared to? Just wondering...You know I think if more riders would stick with the sport and if more would show up to race events and the turn out at the events was bigger for ATV Racers, then we'd probably get more tracks to open up to holding ATV Racing events for Nationals and all. A lot of us wonder why ATVs aren't allowed to race at certain tracks anymore, well it's mainly because of the turn out of riders and fans that show up. Tracks not making a lot of money so they shut ATVs out. That's just my two cents

450ice
11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
a few of them are still running just different series

lasher45
11-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Spader is racing I think WORCS. I'm not positive though, I know he is racing somewhere.

Havn't heard much on Ellis.

Haavisto has been running NEATV and won a couple championships. As far as I know this was his last year and he is retiring

Dunkelberger has come to a couple NEATV races and goes to breezewoods. He also does dreamcamp. I think he is racing in WORCS or somewhere else but I know he is racing too.

Farr I've heard he is still racing somewhere as well.

Creech is big into freestyle and is in a ton of Huevos videos.

Don't really know any of the others.

Hope this helped a little.

11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
spader races 2 wheels now. I believe in B class450 at nationals. I see him at lepis land sometimes and he rips . no more quads though

http://lukaitisphoto.smugmug.com/Motocross2010/Raceway-Park-Motocross/RPMX-071110/spaderrpmx071110402/932354169_TFv7z-S-1.jpg

I believe farr did a few nationals this year in some of the A classes

Dunk. ha

Not sure on the rest

Wired
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
Creech is big into freestyle and is in a ton of Huevos videos.

Dana hasn't ridden freestyle since 02 when he broke his back. He's driving "Monster Mutt" for monster jam now. hes actually pretty damn good in a truck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8hgmWMbhE

161xchonda
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Spader has been racing motocross on Yamaha bikes recently. I watched him down at Lorretta Lynns at the natoional this year, and he was flying in Vet B/C 30+. I think he was in the top five the first moto but dnf'ed, then crashed out the second moto while he was runnin up front, and broke his wrist. My dad talked to him for a while, and he seems to be enjoying himself immensely.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not so sure that's the Dana Creech ATV Racer in that video driving monster trucks. It doesn't look anything like him. I watched the video. I don't think that is the Dana Creech ATV Racer we know. Last I heard recently is Dana Creech was out racing with Polaris and Jason Luburgh was racing with him. But I am not too sure though. That's just my two cents...

TrapZ400
11-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Yea that is Dana in the video.

Luburgh had a little run in with the law. http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x2074148374/Scope-of-drug-conspiracy-grows?r=p

BTW Wired is Jon Guetter

wild250rman
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Shane Hitt lives an hour from me and is spending most of his time with his son that is racing go-carts i believe. think he still may run a few tt races and he was running some late model cars with his brother but they shut down the local track and don't know if he does that any more. he use to bring most of those guy's mentioned and a few others to pyramid race track to practice and run some Saturday night races but that has been a while back.

trick450r
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
I'm not so sure that's the Dana Creech ATV Racer in that video driving monster trucks. It doesn't look anything like him. I watched the video. I don't think that is the Dana Creech ATV Racer we know. Last I heard recently is Dana Creech was out racing with Polaris and Jason Luburgh was racing with him. But I am not too sure though. That's just my two cents...

lol nope thats him.

how many guys in motorsports do you think are named Dana Creech?

Quad18star
11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Wired
Dana hasn't ridden freestyle since 02 when he broke his back. He's driving "Monster Mutt" for monster jam now. hes actually pretty damn good in a truck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8hgmWMbhE

Between that and rebuilding his mini track he sure keeps himself busy. :p

Scro
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I saw Farr quite a bit at the GNCC's with the KTM race team.

QuadJunkies
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by lasher45
I think he is racing in WORCS or somewhere else but I know he is racing too.

ITP QuadCross

blacknblue#2
11-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Ive been wondering about some of the older names myself lately. I recently went through and watched all the huevos and saw alot of names i had forgot about. Made me wonder if those guys were still involved in the sport, or working 40 hours a week for a living to provide for family. I know when you see those guys in those movies alot of ppl automatically think they are makin big $$ but im sure it was just a shot to try to get their name out there and now just a good memory to tell the kids about. More than likely the ones that are doing good financial wise now were prolly doing good before their short lived racing career.

KingpinsEx
11-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Matt White still races locally and did very well at the Matt Bartosek Pro invite this year...

JH Racing
11-30-2010, 04:03 PM
I (Johnny Hale) am racing Tqra. Hunter Miller is racing Tqra and Torn

Baracudaaa
12-01-2010, 08:13 AM
-Kory Ellis #53- Manager of Yoshi atv racing.

-Jason Dunkelberger #19- Kicking butt in ITP Quadcross

-Tim Farr #4- Did that deal where he rode 1 of every bike last year at the nationals. Still doing something with KTM ATV.

m0t0xk1d
12-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa

-Tim Farr #4- Did that deal where he rode 1 of every bike last year at the nationals.

I believe you are thinking of keith little. The whole riding everybike during the national was covered in dirtwheels magazine

Wired
12-01-2010, 09:06 AM
What ever happened to jimmy elza??? I met him once and seemed like a cool dude... then dropped off the face of the earth

quad2xtreme
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
-Tim Farr #4- Did that deal where he rode 1 of every bike last year at the nationals. Still doing something with KTM ATV.

This was Keith Little. Farr raced one moto this year in A class at the Nationals and placed 2nd...at least according to Trackside Online Results.

Pappy
12-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Farr would have raced more but wrecked and broke his arm...again:scary:

Shane Hitt is working alot with the GNCC team for Farr, and raced atleast one TT race this year

The Little deal was for atvrider magazine, not dirtwheels, and it was this season not last

Dana sat down to have lunch with me and I did not recognize him at first, I was wondering who this kid was that knew all about me haha! Good guy, hope he stays safe!

logangsxr998
12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Tim Farr is the manager of KTM's GNCC team and Shane Hitt helps him out. Tim did break his arm again for the second year in a row after someone blasted him on the holeshot in the first turn. Shane raced 2 TT's this year.

mx8
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Who was the guy, that put the 350x motor in the stock 250r frame. Way back in the day , I think he was the first to do it. Also Dirtwheels had a big story about it in there magazine.

wild250rman
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by mx8
Who was the guy, that put the 350x motor in the stock 250r frame. Way back in the day , I think he was the first to do it. Also Dirtwheels had a big story about it in there magazine. steve holbert.

fastredrider44
12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
What ever happened to jimmy elza??? I met him once and seemed like a cool dude... then dropped off the face of the earth

You can take this with a grain of salt, cause I'm just spreadin what I've heard. I heard he got pretty injured and got out while the getting was good, and is now working on the family farm. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not, so don't pin it on me. lol.

mx8
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
steve holbert.

Did he ever do much racing after that. Because I never really heard much more about him.

KingpinsEx
12-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Yea Jimmy Elza was an amazing rider for his age, seemed like he would have been on top eventually... As for the Tim Farr thing, it happened at the Steel City National this year, I was in stageing when it happened. Imagine getting ready to go out and race and watch one of the best riders to ever race an atv hauled out in an ambulance after the holeshot!:eek2:

Quad18star
12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by JH Racing
I (Johnny Hale) am racing Tqra.

You were my facorite rider when I first got into the ATV racing scene. :p

madskrillz2
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM

I heard he started having really bad back problems and couldn't ride through it. I think I heard he works construction or something of the sort. I made a threas like this awhile back asking about him and a few others

88redrocket
12-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Jimmys got a nasty rzr now

http://i54.tinypic.com/sn0yrq.jpg

wild250rman
12-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mx8
Did he ever do much racing after that. Because I never really heard much more about him. not sure what he ended up doing he was always a local favorite. think he raced 400ex's when they came out and i believe dirt bikes but the last i was told he sold most of his old 250r take off parts and what ever else to sport atv salvage in pa a few years back and a lot of collectors and restorers bought every thing up.

300racer
12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mx8
Did he ever do much racing after that. Because I never really heard much more about him.
he ran gncc's for canondale till 02 or 03. i think he won a race back in 01 or 02. but not sure what he is doing now.

450ice
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
what ever happend to sage baker and cale downen

Wired
12-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Sage is a full time hunter haha hes sporting a new beard

blacknblue#2
12-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 450ice
what ever happend to sage baker and cale downen

i always kinda kept an eye on Cale for some reason. Last i heard he had some back problems cause from a wreck and they got the best of him and had to give it up. shame to hear of the talent that gets slapped in the face for trying.

trick450r
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage is a full time hunter haha hes sporting a new beard

legendary, what a mountain man haha

kyleschonert
12-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Cale is back in Junction, IL. Has his own place and is farming. Throughout the summer he is cleaning up at the local fair races on a Walsh/YFZ Hybrid. lol.

He doesn't miss racing the nationals that much.

Lurch
12-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Yea Jimmy Elza was an amazing rider for his age, seemed like he would have been on top eventually... As for the Tim Farr thing, it happened at the Steel City National this year, I was in stageing when it happened. Imagine getting ready to go out and race and watch one of the best riders to ever race an atv hauled out in an ambulance after the holeshot!:eek2:

Back when I rode I was racing the Victory-Sports Indoor Series years ago. One night I'll never forget was when I was in Shelbyville, TN at the biggest race in the series and when I was on the line watching the last lap of the race in front of me, a guy when over the bars in the whoops and his quad came down a nd pushed his face in the face of the next whoop crushing his helmet. He dies on the way to the hospital. There was so much blood. My wife was screaming at me to get off my quad on the line. I had to promis her that if I didn't get the holeshot that i would back WAY off and just put around thee track. Of all of all the races I raced in that series, I had never pulled a holeshot until that night, beating 9 other Raptors, 440EX's, and 300EX's. I won the race and it was so surreal. A guy lost his life on the track right before i ran the best race of my life. :-(

12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
What ever happen to Alex "the tromp stomp" tropen? He was sooooo fast.

etccb
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM
-Jason Dunkelberger #19- Kicking butt in ITP Quadcross

Dunk has had nothing for Nelson or Barron. Kind of a surprise fall off from his speed he showed flashes of at the nationals in 07 or 08. For a few rounds this year Nelson and Baron also ran the pro open class and went 1-2 with those that made a big deal about the open results while dodging them in prod pro.

icecreammaker
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by etccb
Dunk has had nothing for Nelson or Barron. Kind of a surprise fall off from his speed he showed flashes of at the nationals in 07 or 08. For a few rounds this year Nelson and Baron also ran the pro open class and went 1-2 with those that made a big deal about the open results while dodging them in prod pro.

Well apparently you dont know much about racing!! Its all about the engine you get too, when you watch a quad blow by someone on a large uphill like at Glen Helen, its not the riders fault, you can only ride with what you got

blaster12s
12-04-2010, 03:52 PM
dunk cant even win an A class race in district 6.
no joke. slow as ****.

icecreammaker
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
That has 2 be the stupidist post of the year, A Class??, put your big name on here sowe can see who you are

mx8
12-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I AM.......................... BATMAN.

blaster12s
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
haha i dont run A. im just a lowly B classer. Ive seen him at races get killed by all the A class and Pro am riders.

jcv400ex
12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
haha i dont run A. im just a lowly B classer. Ive seen him at races get killed by all the A class and Pro am riders.

Yoooo Guido! :macho

You go B Racer! You go!

Barto422
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
LOL what district race did Dunk get killed by all the A class racers?

quad2xtreme
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
blaster12s, you are getting called out. All the races are on record so start naming the race and dates.

blaster12s
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
it was in 08 i believe. at etown. now this was a while ago. and im sure if he came back out he would still be beat by our faster riders. who knows..i haven't seen him ride since that day...maybe he got faster?

blaster12s
12-04-2010, 09:15 PM
well after doing some diggin i couldnt find any results for the days that he still came around. my memories may fail me i just remember seeing him being just as fast as d6 not amazingly faster like oh say wimmer is.
ahhh who knows i could be wrong. hes fast. like all pros.

etccb
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
Well apparently you dont know much about racing!! Its all about the engine you get too, when you watch a quad blow by someone on a large uphill like at Glen Helen, its not the riders fault, you can only ride with what you got

Be carefull who you call out. Nelson ran his practice bike in open and still smoked him. Maybe you should read the race reports before you start flapping your lips, I mean fingers. I don't want to say it but you made me..... He is not what he once was. He is DONE on a national level or the west coast is a whole lot faster then you will ever give them credit for being..........So which is it? Nelson, Baron, and even Noss most of the time don't have any trouble with Dunk. I wish him luck but you need to get a grip on 2010.

icecreammaker
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s

Funny a hole he cant run "A" class, you are a reason y guys dont go to local tracks, a "C" rider calling out someone, You ***** holes always think they bring there race quads.
Most good pro am guys beat them off the line, but cant run past 6 laps, these guys go 20 min, + 2 laps, I bet you cant spank your monkey that long,

icecreammaker
12-04-2010, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by etccb
Be carefull who you call out. Nelson ran his practice bike in open and still smoked him. Maybe you should read the race reports before you start flapping your lips, I mean fingers. I don't want to say it but you made me..... He is not what he once was. He is DONE on a national level or the west coast is a whole lot faster then you will ever give them credit for being..........So which is it? Nelson, Baron, and another guy...I'll get back on that... don't have any trouble with Dunk. I wish him luck but you need to get a grip on 2010. [/QUOTE

If you think those guys race there "PRACTICE " quads against a real good pro am guys you are out of touch, there practice quads are everything with basicly stock engines, they beat the hell out of them, Nelson Had one hell of a fast quad, for a Yamaha, & Baron did too on his Honda, yea i read what they say, trust me not what they are traing on, those engines could never handle just practice, & YOU are an athourity (sp) on who is done on national level?? Please tell me what class you race so I can follow you

blaster99
12-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Dunk is still fast... just not what he once was. I think he got around 5th in the New England Pro class this year at a race he showed up at. But I have no idea if he was on a practice bike or not. Having a motor is huge at the upper levels of our sport. Racing is full of ups and downs, and he could have a great year next year and be back on top of the podium, running national pro class speed again. You just never know.

Those West coast guys are no joke either. If I remember correctly when ever Nelson ran the nationals he did pretty damn good.

blaster12s
12-04-2010, 10:26 PM
yup yup keyboard warrior wins.

etccb
12-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I said so which is it... correct? When dunk is 55 he will still be able to lay down faster laps then I ever could. These guys are all amazing. But you started this by acting like Dunk was on a stock quad racing with these guys. Would they fly him out for each round to put him on something that doesn't stand a chance? If Nelson and Noss were on Hondas and not the same yami as dunk I would agree a lot more with your thinking. Nelsons rips but Noss is on a good running CT which most builders can make one run close to one of those. I don't think Dunk is that short on power to Nelson and Noss but no I have not seen it apart.

quad2xtreme
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I said so which is it... correct? When dunk is 55 he will still be able to lay down faster laps then I ever could. These guys are all amazing. But you started this by acting like Dunk was on a stock quad racing with these guys. Would they fly him out for each round to put him on something that doesn't stand a chance? If Nelson and Noss were on Hondas and not the same yami as dunk I would agree a lot more with your thinking. Nelsons rips but Noss is on a good running CT which most builders can make one run close to one of those. I don't think Dunk is that short on power to Nelson and Noss but no I have not seen it apart.

Out of curiousity, why are you so upset that someone had something nice to say about Dunk that you had to respond? All I read was that Dunk had a good year on the West Coast. No? What do you get out of saying he is DONE, slower than he been, etc. ? Wouldn't you feel a bit of an *** if you have to meet him, etc.?

icecreammaker
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM

OK I will try to answer your Questions & statements

1st I never sais J was on a stock motor, I statede he doesnt have the power that Nelson has, Factory Yamaha,means alot just Factory Suzuki, Factory Kawisaki, when they were in, big diferrence, if yoiu see dunk & noss run about the same on there setups
2nd Beloieve it or not Dunk pays for his airflights to & from quad cross

I love how guys get on here & cut up racers who are trying to make it in racing, hell even couple months ago people were on say crap about Wimmer, after losing the championship
You are intitled to your opinion, but sometimes you should keep comments to one's self,

Ken

etccb
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
All comments are fair enough. Done was a poor choise of words while giving an option to choose. His results are not what he would want or others would expect after the season he had on the honda. Yes he had 500 times the bad luck but he ran some great motos that year. This started with a statement about him killing the quadcross riders. Due to a history of bashing I took a stand for them but in this thread several posters have made supportive and educated statements about the series quality. Like I said before I wish him well. And again the word done was a bad choise on my part.

JAKELTR450
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
i have personaly seen dunk race here on the west coast, my boy races with him in the open pro class. he is fast no doubt, but in all honesty he is not as fast as nelson, but can battle with noss and baron. baron is a little quicker than noss and dunk though. i think on a different bike he can do better though, it seems like noss and dunks bike package isnt as good as last years, they both seemed better on last years setup.

another thing is he races both classes unlike everyone else. he is racing about almost 2 hours total a day on the same bike too. i got nothing but respect for him, and he seems like a very clean rider, cody evans has a rocketship of a quad and it takes dunk time to get around him for that fact, but he uasually does it cleanly. it would frustrate me trying to pass someone with a faster quad with just technique. it took nelson and baron a bit too, to get around evans.

trick450r
12-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Before you type out another of these long responses, would you mind taking a grammer class? please!

OK I will try to answer your Questions & statements

1st I never sais J was on a stock motor, I statede he doesnt have the power that Nelson has, Factory Yamaha,means alot just Factory Suzuki, Factory Kawisaki, when they were in, big diferrence, if yoiu see dunk & noss run about the same on there setups
2nd Beloieve it or not Dunk pays for his airflights to & from quad cross

I love how guys get on here & cut up racers who are trying to make it in racing, hell even couple months ago people were on say crap about Wimmer, after losing the championship
You are intitled to your opinion, but sometimes you should keep comments to one's self,

Ken

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
12-09-2010, 11:58 AM
You know I'm sitting here reading all the replies that you all are posting up in my thread and what I'm reading/seeing is really getting disturbing. I asked a simply question about some pro racers and some of you are all posting up replies making an arguement out of something off topic. All I will say is, BE DISCRETE and if you want to argue, go elsewhere. Don't do it in my thread please. Be respectful and stop turning this thread into a bad thread. If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself.

trompen542
12-09-2010, 12:17 PM
x2

SRH
12-09-2010, 01:36 PM
you know there are alot of fast rider you never see outside of the a class or local level because they dont have the connections to get the support to run on the national level or the money to do it themself, and even having the money and good results doesnt gurantee anything

ive seen less talented riders on teams at the pro am level who were not the most talented just because of who they know

dinliracer17
12-09-2010, 02:28 PM
eastcoast will always be faster than westcoast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quad2xtreme
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by dinliracer17

oh no, this won't be like the rap wars will it? TooBiggie Nelson is suspected of taking out Creamer in a drive by shooting. LOL!

becci4
12-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by dinliracer17

:rolleyes:

FHKracingZ
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Im staying out of this but one correction. Icecreammaker you said pro-am guys cant run past 6 laps? Where have you been the past 3 years.

Pro-Am Unlimited runs 6 laps both motos and Pro-Am Production runs 10min plus 2 , ends up being 7-8 laps. So you say most pro-am guys cant run that your wrong..

And to be honest, except for nelson and baron and maybe noss most west coast pro's would struggle to run top 10 in pro-am at the nationals.

icecreammaker
12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Im staying out of this but one correction. Icecreammaker you said pro-am guys cant run past 6 laps? Where have you been the past 3 years.

Pro-Am Unlimited runs 6 laps both motos and Pro-Am Production runs 10min plus 2 , ends up being 7-8 laps. So you say most pro-am guys cant run that your wrong..

And to be honest, except for nelson and baron and maybe noss most west coast pro's would struggle to run top 10 in pro-am at the nationals.

Re read my answer, i meant "A" riders, my bad, & dont start on the west coast guys, Nelson ran at Steel City, I beleive 6th, though i could be wrong, deff not as fast as the top 3, but i think he petered out 2nd moto with the 3 hour time change, again my opinion,
I hope your not calling Dunk out, as Ive seen your results & you race, so you should know what having the time & right equipment means,:D

Again just my opinion, these guys are living out there dreams, just dont have tha cash flow

madskrillz2
12-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by SRH
you know there are alot of fast rider you never see outside of the a class or local level because they dont have the connections to get the support to run on the national level or the money to do it themself, and even having the money and good results doesnt gurantee anything

ive seen less talented riders on teams at the pro am level who were not the most talented just because of who they know

Exactly. Makes me sick when I see somebody in the pro am class running a solid 18th every race and have all the support you could wish for

FHKracingZ
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Re read my answer, i meant "A" riders, my bad, & dont start on the west coast guys, Nelson ran at Steel City, I beleive 6th, though i could be wrong, deff not as fast as the top 3, but i think he petered out 2nd moto with the 3 hour time change, again my opinion,
I hope your not calling Dunk out, as Ive seen your results & you race, so you should know what having the time & right equipment means,:D

Again just my opinion, these guys are living out there dreams, just dont have tha cash flow

Cant disagree with you on that. I was not refering to Dunk at all, just to the speed of the AMA Pro Am class.

As for me, im very proud of how I have done. I would like to see how many of my pro-am competition could qualify and run decent pitted out of a cargo van and working 40-50 hours a week like I do. True privateer right here! haha.

mx8
12-10-2010, 06:04 AM
You guys are talking like this is a big sport and theres alot of money to be made or something. Just be happy that your able to race, and enjoy it while you can. Who cares who is faster than someone else. It's not like you win anything that amounts to something. I have over one hundrend trophys sitting in my garage, I figure I spent over 40,000 dollars to get them. And there worth maybe 0.00 dollars now. Can't even give them away. So grow up and look at the big picture. And if you believe that your going to make money racing an ATV, I feel sorry for you and your bank account. :rolleyes:

BlasterEaten250
12-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by mx8
You guys are talking like this is a big sport and theres alot of money to be made or something. Just be happy that your able to race, and enjoy it while you can. Who cares who is faster than someone else. It's not like you win anything that amounts to something. I have over one hundrend trophys sitting in my garage, I figure I spent over 40,000 dollars to get them. And there worth maybe 0.00 dollars now. Can't even give them away. So grow up and look at the big picture. And if you believe that your going to make money racing an ATV, I feel sorry for you and your bank account. :rolleyes: So basically what you are saying is that you need to recieve money in order to feel like you have accomplished something in your life?

mx8
12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
No you don't need to recieve money to make you feel like you have done something. But at the same time you can't spend every last dime on a sport with no end in sight. I am not saying don't race, I did it for five years local and national. But I hear all you guys saying we need to change this and and change that. And everything I hear now is the same talk I heard in 1996 when I started racing. So 14 years and the sport has gone nowhere. I guess what I am trying to say is, don't get your hopes up so high in a sport that has no future and never has.

SRH
12-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
So basically what you are saying is that you need to recieve money in order to feel like you have accomplished something in your life?

no one feels broke and accomplished:p

but if your racing to get rich its not worth it , but for the risk vs reward , race cars or dirtbikes, quads always has and will be a sport of guys who just enjoy it

fastredrider44
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
And another topic goes to crap. This thread is about former racers and where they are now.:rolleyes:

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow...so disappointing