PDA

View Full Version : Axle problems

powermadd400ex
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Okay first off, my dad bought this axle, to replace my stock axle.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380261135405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

No idea what brand it is, that scared me off the bat.
Secondly, I dont have the quad. The local dealer does. That doesnt help either, once again, Dad's call. So now we get to the problem. When the mechanic went to put the C-clip on the axle, it didnt fit. The diameter of the new axle was 35mm and the stocker was 37mm according to what the mechanic told my dad.
So, does anyone know what the **** is going on? I'm clueless and I cant waste a quarter tank of gas to see what the mechanic is doing. It would be 10x easier if I were doing this. But my dad made that call for me. So please, any input would be appreciated.

honda400ex2003
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
i would think that the c-clip should go on no matter what dia it is. the clip would just get bigger anyway. if it fits in the carrier correct i dont see the problem with it. tough call man sorry. steve

AtvKid4Eva
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
tell the guy at the dealer to take the clip and some vice grips and squeeze it a little bit to make it smaller and then slide it into the groove. i always have to do that since the snap ring stretches a bit when you remove it..people that work at dealerships are such idiots :rolleyes: ...hope that helps.

powermadd400ex
12-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Well finally got around to updating you all on this dilema. But the people we bought it from offered to trade the knock-off axle that i had for a new G-force axle. I just got back from school and dad is picking up the quad now. Pics are coming soon :D