PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship Offer.

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, i have a tuff decision to make. Race Tech offered me a Level 2 Sponsorship, and i am really wondering whether they are a good brand or worth the money. There rates run about like GT-Thunders and stuff... Just looking for opinions... I currently have I-Shocks Rebuilds but am struggling to brush of this offer.

06typeS
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Over in the road racing world (WERA) a lot of guys use race tech and are very happy with their product. I have ordered things with them and used thier stuff with no complaints. Again that isn't dirt riding but hopefully still some help.

Not sure about customer service (never had to send anything back) or how far they are willing to help out with sponsorships and stuff.

if your happy with your i shocks and are consistant with them, i would really sit down and weight out your options

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 06typeS
Over in the road racing world (WERA) a lot of guys use race tech and are very happy with their product. I have ordered things with them and used thier stuff with no complaints. Again that isn't dirt riding but hopefully still some help.

Not sure about customer service (never had to send anything back) or how far they are willing to help out with sponsorships and stuff.

if your happy with your i shocks and are consistant with them, i would really sit down and weight out your options

i'm happy with the i-shocks, but i picked them up from a buddy and they are gonna need re-built soon so i am just not sure since i will be racing MX next year...

06typeS
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Nothing wrong with getting rebuilt, road racers usually rebuild their forks 2 or 3 times during the season and the shock atleast yearly sometimes middle of the season also.

Really it comes down to what is going to give you the best results and what you feel most comfortable with.

Nothing worse then getting a sponsorship and changing your setup and then spending all season trying to chase down your suspension and it just ending in frustration.

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 06typeS
Nothing wrong with getting rebuilt, road racers usually rebuild their forks 2 or 3 times during the season and the shock atleast yearly sometimes middle of the season also.

Really it comes down to what is going to give you the best results and what you feel most comfortable with.

Nothing worse then getting a sponsorship and changing your setup and then spending all season trying to chase down your suspension and it just ending in frustration.

For sure going to put some SERIOUS thought into this, the reason i like this offer is that it includes a discount on Shop Services and Labor, which is a rare deal.

yellowzo3
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
My only word of advice is to really MAKE SURE the sponsorship is benefiting you, cost wise.

A lot of times companies will offer a "sponsorship" and give sponsored riders 25% off on parts and things like that. However the company will set the original prices of their parts to MSRP or something ridiculously high. The sponsored riders end up paying the same price they would at Rocky Mountain atv or some other place like that, even though they're supposed to be getting a deal. Basically companies will jack the prices up so sponsored riders still end up paying full price for the parts.

So do some research and see what you'll end up paying for rebuilds, parts, and labor at Race Tech compared to other companies and other places you buy parts at.

Good luck and congrats on the offer! :cool:

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
My only word of advice is to really MAKE SURE the sponsorship is benefiting you, cost wise.

A lot of times companies will offer a "sponsorship" and give sponsored riders 25% off on parts and things like that. However the company will set the original prices of their parts to MSRP or something ridiculously high. The sponsored riders end up paying the same price they would at Rocky Mountain atv or some other place like that, even though they're supposed to be getting a deal. Basically companies will jack the prices up so sponsored riders still end up paying full price for the parts.

So do some research and see what you'll end up paying for rebuilds, parts, and labor at Race Tech compared to other companies and other places you buy parts at.

Good luck and congrats on the offer! :cool:

Well can anybody help me figure out if i would be getting a good deal? I was told i would get 20% off, which isn't much i know, but when you are talking $1500 for something 20% off is like $300 so that is a pretty good discount. I am thinking about poking my head around to see if i can work up some other offers from other suspension places just to see what i can get. Here is a part of my contract that is why i want this sponsorship.

"1. The RIDER shall receive XX% discount off retail price of most Race Tech products, shop services and tools. Special discounts on non Race Tech products, Race Tech Shock assemblies, and OEM replacement products will be offered. Stickers and patches are free with quantities to be determined by Race Tech. All Shipping charges are the responsibility of the RIDER."

yellowzo3
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Well can anybody help me figure out if i would be getting a good deal? I was told i would get 20% off, which isn't much i know, but when you are talking $1500 for something 20% off is like $300 so that is a pretty good discount. I am thinking about poking my head around to see if i can work up some other offers from other suspension places just to see what i can get. Here is a part of my contract that is why i want this sponsorship.

"1. The RIDER shall receive XX% discount off retail price of most Race Tech products, shop services and tools. Special discounts on non Race Tech products, Race Tech Shock assemblies, and OEM replacement products will be offered. Stickers and patches are free with quantities to be determined by Race Tech. All Shipping charges are the responsibility of the RIDER."

You'll have to check out what their prices are and stuff and then compare them to other places. But it does say "retail price" in there... Basically it seems to me that they are doing the usual jacked up prices to start and after you get your 20% discount you're paying pretty much the normal price for parts.

You may get a deal on labor and oem parts though.

You'll have to find out their retail prices on stuff first though to make sure you're getting a deal. Hopefully I'm wrong and you do get a legit 20% off on parts. Would definitely help out the wallet!

The opportunity still sounds fun and who knows, it could turn into something bigger down the road!

3400ben
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you believe their product or service will improve your performance on the track?

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 3400ben
Do you believe their product or service will improve your performance on the track?

Yes i do.

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I am having trouble finding whether i get 20% of retail or parts value... I am sure it is retail, but i just am looking for some advice... I mean i am signing my season away next summer and wanna make sure this is a good deal...

3400ben
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Yes i do.

Now read your first post over again. You was asking whether they are a good brand or worth the money? How did you decide so quick. My point is I think people get wrapped up In the word or moment of sponsorship. Just something to think about. If it will benefit you go for it. Good luck

06 Honda 450R
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Race Tech makes great products, they stand behind their products also, if there is a problem, they will fix it.

trailrider894
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 3400ben
Now read your first post over again. You was asking whether they are a good brand or worth the money? How did you decide so quick. My point is I think people get wrapped up In the word or moment of sponsorship. Just something to think about. If it will benefit you go for it. Good luck

I said i think that it will improve my performance on the track because my current shocks aren't up to par... so that is rather irrelevant.

SRH
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
buy some used high grade shocks and have them freshened up, 90% of these sponsorship deals are just a marketing ploy, they still make a buck and you feel like your doing big things

honestly yodu be better off getting hooked up with a shop who can do the s ervicing work and other stuff like that, and bargain hunt where you can

blaster12s
12-01-2010, 08:24 AM
^exactly.
they still will make a ton of proft at only 20% off.
get one from ur local shop, that can do your motor rebuilds and shock rebuilds etc.....20% off that will help alot more and be alot more useful.
i say if ur gonna by new shocks take the deal. if ur not gonna dont.

Balaz_73*00
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Most if not all companies will offer you a discount based on MSRP and like previously mentioned, it sometimes turns out to be pricing you could find on other websites. 20% is not worth it in my opinion.