PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Rule Question, help please

miniquaddad90
11-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Since I cant seem to get a response from GNCC....

What is the rules on front suspension modifications for the 90cc mod class or Girls 90cc class?? Is it still the old must be "bolt-on" or can I actually weld mounts on yet? (when going from a single arm set-up to dual a-arms)

THANKS!

838xcracer
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I know that u can run dual a-arms with the bracket that u put on with the u bolt system. i have seen some with mounts welded on also.When we run the mini class they pretty much run anything.

mmsoup
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey There

My daughter ran that class last year and will run it again this year. Just put it together and run it. The frame and cases need to match and you need to conform to cc limits but the rest is wide open in a production class like the girls. If you are converting a Kasea to dual A-Arms no problem. If you are running a Kasea frame with a CR 85 motor, won't work. If you are running a Kasea frame with dual A-Arms and a full blown National level CVT below 90 cc's no problem.
If you are running a Honda, Yamaha, Pitster 125 cc's or less any mods fine as long as you stay with the cases and frame and cc's

The mod class is virtually the same. The only question hanging out there will have to be resolved at the banquet with respect to whether or not a Super Mini class is formed this year for Shifter Cobra's, Possibly Apex Shifters and possibly hybrids. Look forward to seeing you in Florida

Mark Campbell

miniquaddad90
11-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks for your help guys!!

My daughter races a TRX90 and currently has a "bolt-on" dual a-arm set-up but our sponsor is making us a custom set of a-arms and he would prefer if he can weld the upper mounts onto the frame VS. the cheesey bolt-on stuff out there. I've emailed Jeff @ GNCC almost 2 weeks ago and cant seem to get any clarification on the rules for the 2 classes. I know matching frame/engine cases is pretty standard and no issues there.

Was hoping for a "super mini" class again but cant wait till Jan to start building one if they decide to have the class back again :huh

TKEETH
11-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info, we also have the bolt on stuff. We will be converting to all welded upper mounts on our trx90.

mmsoup
11-30-2010, 06:34 PM
We fought for answers last year and ended up missing an opportunity to be ready and wouldn't want anyone else going through it. FISH ON had the same issues.
According to the AMA you only have issues in one of the "Limited" classes.
Our biggest Turnout in the Girls class last year was at Millfield (John Penton) we had 15.
There are Pitsters, Yamaha's, Honda's, Apex's and DRR's on the line.

airmobile101
11-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Thanks for your help guys!!

My daughter races a TRX90 and currently has a "bolt-on" dual a-arm set-up but our sponsor is making us a custom set of a-arms and he would prefer if he can weld the upper mounts onto the frame VS. the cheesey bolt-on stuff out there. I've emailed Jeff @ GNCC almost 2 weeks ago and cant seem to get any clarification on the rules for the 2 classes. I know matching frame/engine cases is pretty standard and no issues there.

Was hoping for a "super mini" class again but cant wait till Jan to start building one if they decide to have the class back again :huh
Just weld that chit!:D

FISH ON!
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Like Mark said......bring it and run it !! Glad to have ya. I haven't given up on a shifter or super mini deal yet. I kinda have to push for it now since I've bit the bullet and made a decision to run a shifter. I couldn't wait until January or february to start that project.