PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder MX link

PaRedneckRiders
11-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Im looking at the gtt mx shock link and have a few questions.

How much lower is it going to make the quad? im running 18s and a lonestar + 1 1/4 swingarm.

Also can i run it with the rear shock? Im looking at a works or mayb an elka rear but might just use my stock one for now.

It says for 18in tires, but i do do some trail riding sometimes, can i run 20s with it or would it cause clearance issues? (i have my 18s on hipers and 20s on stock wheels)

Just looking for some options, would hate to have to change the shock linkage when i feel like trail riding.

chronicsmoke
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I had the same questions, but i asked Laz and he said that you can run 20s with an mx link. You cant run 18s with an xc link because your frame will bottom out. I would say get one for sure because they work awesome. and you can have your stock rear shock revalved for the link.

jmo

dustin_j
11-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I agree with the post above. I also think rebuilding your stock rear shock for the link is a better option than buying a Works or Elka shock. I love my GTT mx link. Your ride height will be high in the rear with 20" back tires, but nothing will bind or break.

supertrooper90
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I got my bike set up for xc with the xc link and the stock rear shock done from gt thunder. I run 18s at the mx track all the time with no bottoming. My biggest problem with the xc link was hitting my exhaust on the rear caliper. hope this helps a little even though its not the mx link

PaRedneckRiders
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
ok guys thanks, chance are i will get one, will probably also get a redone shock or maybe even an aftermarket one yet.

This is gonna have to get put on the back burner for a little bit though cause i have to get parts for my truck before i buy quad parts that arent necessary, YET.

Thanks for the info guys really makes me feel better about getting it if i can run my 20s for the trails and 18s for the track without having to change my link.