PDA

View Full Version : Virgins....

Pappy
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah I figured you all would look at that title LOL!

Cody is wanting the Virgin Mobile $25 unlimited plan. He is more into teh texting and internet aspect and doesnt use the phone enough to have a plan that have more free minutes each month.

I just wanted to see if any of you have this and if its a decent plan/phones etc.

Spanks!

Quad18star
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
We use Virgin Mobile as our carrier and so far they've been pretty good to deal with. I don't browse the internet on it but do quite a bit of texting. Our plan has a Fave 5 feature so I don't get caught with a huge texting bill .... plus calls between the 2 phones is free , unlimited long distance between our 5 numbers and such.

Pappy
11-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I think the plan he is getting has unlimited text and internet but a 300 minute limit on phone calls. He hardly uses the phone so that should be fine.

The site just gave me a new phone, one with big numbers so I can see them (I think Harlen believes im old or something LOL) I had my other one since 2007..well it was atvriders phone, I dont waste my $$ on cell phones, wouldnt have a house phone if it wasnt for the wife and kids!

extremeblastr
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
phones are just as good as most mid range phones on any other carrier and if i'm not mistaken they piggyback off of verizon's towers for service. i say go for it i've been thinking about making the switch to that plan from my verizon plan to save a few bucks (i pay 140 a month right now for the same setup but i have 400 minutes instead of 300)

Sjorge450R
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
my roommate has virgin and he loves it. Always has service and he also has the same plan cody is looking to get. I say go for it. The phones are cheap and the plans are too, so if it doesnt work too great in your area, you arent out that much.

SRH
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
i know my area has little to no coverage for those id check the coverage map on virgins website

i have a net 10 unlimited plan, $50 a month , unlimited talk, text and web, phone is a slider with a keyboard...durable phone i mostly use it for texting, same phone you can switch back to the regular pre paid cards as well

SRH
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
i just checked there site again, they have nice phones for there plans...but if u look at there coverage area...its hard to say if it would be worth it

Pappy
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Thier service works about as well as any in our location, which isnt great. Heck the GPS units have trouble here haha

We ordered his phone tonight as his Christmas present. Thanks for teh help!

Kickstarts-suck
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
I saw them on TV. Looks pretty good. I just need more mins then they give.

I got my GF Straight Talk. $45 a month for unlimited talk/text/web.
Its great. She gets better service then I do and I have Verizon.

Whenever my plan is over im going to get straight talk. No fancy phones but I don't really care anymore.

EDIT: NVM didnt see you already got one.

06typeS
11-29-2010, 10:23 AM
My gf has the black berry plan and pays 35 a month, the service is good and it has decent 3g speeds.

The only pita is each month when she has to re-up or whatever it is. They could make the website a little easier for use

SRH
11-29-2010, 10:44 AM
i see on virgins website says they use sprint towers..i have buddies with sprint they get service at and in my house...but virgins map shows no coverage .... wtf