PDA

View Full Version : Why a cr ignition, why not.....

bigmatt61
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Why the cr ignition and not a pvl? Is it a Honda thing? A cost thing? An installation thing? What?
A buddy of mine swears by his. He has a couple of Tecate 4's set up for mx and he has this ignition system on one and it hauls! I'm pretty sure they are cheaper too, so I'm just curious if anyone has one on a 250r or has had some experience with one and could give me an objective reason for one or the other.

Matt

deathman53
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
well....totally different animals. The reason he has pvl on the tecates is probably because all of the stock ones crapped out or flywheel magnets "unglued" and replacement weren't easy to get or cheap. Most of the tecate 3/4 guys use a kx ignition, it bolts in just like stock. The reason why the trx guys like the cr ones, is simple, less wiring, lighter flywheel, more accurate(timing) and it has better cdi connections. Everything being available now has a big effect on it also. Going w/ a cr, you are gonna lose lighting, yes, there are ones out there that can do 50-200w.

leager-n-ky
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
If you need lights, Ricky Stator, or Steahley Off Road can fix you up.

I have the cr in mine, and it is better than any other mod i have ever done.

atv fan 28
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
If you need lights, Ricky Stator, or Steahley Off Road can fix you up.

I have the cr in mine, and it is better than any other mod i have ever done.
I agree^ The CR ignition made a night and day difference on my motor!! I was skeptical at first, but almost $600 later im a firm believer in them.:D

Its a must have for a 250R owner.:macho