PDA

View Full Version : Ever part out a quad?

muff
02-10-2003, 03:05 PM
I was wonder if I completely parted out my 400ex around how much would I be looking to get from it? Have you ever parted out a quad before, how much did you sell it all for?

Heres a list of mods on mine:
Lonestar stock width a-arms with adjustable camber and caster, new ball joints (all 4), Lonestar heavy duty tie rods, Duncan racing nerf bars, 2001 yellow race cut plastic and graphics, ceet gripper seat cover, Renthal bars and grips, Blackwater 22" rear tires on ITP rolled edge aluminum rims, Bandit 22" front tires on ITP .190 aluminum, PRM bumper and full and rear skid plates, red shock covers, Dominator clutch cable, NACS parking brake block off, cr perch and lever, RK chain, Pro design case guard, new steering stem bearings, new front wheel bearings

dont ask to buy anything now because I'm not sure yet

Nausty
02-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I honestly don't think it would be worth the chance of losing more money and the amt of work unless you kept all your stock parts so that you can just swap the aftermarket parts with the stock and sell the stock quad for about 4k and then part off the rest of the parts at 2/3 the price.

Pappy
02-10-2003, 03:19 PM
yeah if u have the time...get it back to stock and sell off the aftermarket parts...then sell it as a stocker.

muff
02-10-2003, 03:43 PM
yea i'm thinkin i might do that in a couple of months, no ones seems to want it :o

do dont think it'd be better to part out the whole thing?

Pappy
02-10-2003, 03:45 PM
muff...pm me a list of every part on teh quad...ill tell u what you can expect to get for it...

Sparks425Ex
02-10-2003, 03:54 PM
If you really wanna make some money:

Don't put it back to stock. Part that sucker right down to nuttin.

My friend had stock engine and a few chassis mods but other than that he was stock. He got $8300 total after everything was sold.

But he was stubborn(Just Like Me) And got exactly what he wanted for every single part.

If somone really wants somthing they will pay

OutlawEX
02-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Rippinitup7 parted out his MX blaster and made 4k so far and still has some stuff to sell..it takes alot of time

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-10-2003, 04:30 PM
I made about $4,500 from this :macho

muff
02-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
muff...pm me a list of every part on teh quad...ill tell u what you can expect to get for it...

lol thats ok pappy you've got better things u can be doin, hey u just broke 7000 posts :eek:

from the sounds of it i think i'll be parting this thing out, it'll be a month or so tho because workin in the cold sucks