PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise in rear

nutech
11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Have clicking noise in rear, by rear gear. New wiley mod slipper sprocket (torque78 lbs on reg. basis) New gears, new chain adjusted with driver on it. New axle carrier sealed bearings. New axle dom ll. Only on hole shots or hard cornering. Any suggestions? Raced all year no problems until last race. Both bikes now have the same problems. Pulled inner axle bearing tight, torqued on outer nut. Never had one come lose.

mmsoup
11-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Sounds like the chains are skipping

Make sure motor mounts are straight and no cracks in frame

make sure front sprocket has good teeth

Make sure chain alignment is good between front and rear sprockets

nutech
11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Sounds just like chain is skipping. Checked frame. New front and rear sprockets. checked motor mounts losen and rechecked. just freshen up trans on one. spins true on stand.

jerkyboy
11-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Sounds like stated above chain is skipping. Make sure the chain tensioner is kepping tension on the chain when you compress the
suspension all the way. Might have to run you chain a little tighter.

nutech
11-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Is there a easy way to check for motor straightness?

nutech
11-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Tried tighten.vWill recheck . Run ZTR on one new stock on other.

mmsoup
11-28-2010, 07:51 AM
I have never had this problem with my daughters two Apex quads. They have both been raced extensively.

I consistently had this very problem with my sons DRR. It was most apparent in hard acceleration off dead stop or if someone heavy was on the quad testing (ME) once rolling it went completely away
My opinion has always been that the motor twists on its mounts just a tad under heavy torque but no proof.
I ran the chain much tighter and worked diligently on alignment and never lost a chain or time in a race due to the problem.

The only difference between the two quads is frame geometry which is why I made the point.

By the way, my fear was always a tooth skipping in the transmission but I never found proof inside the transmission on teardown so I kind of let that go