View Full Version : Stuck swingarm pivot bold

doublejz
11-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, I've been spraying this flippin bolt for 2 weeks with PB Blaster and beating it with a sledge and its not budging. I can rotate the bolt but that's about it. I tried a propane torch and well I'm afraid to ruin the bushing in the motor. I broke the nut and at this point the bolt (threaded end) is mushrooming over pretty good. Soo... this leaves me to cutting the bolt but I'm not sure where to actually cut it. Well I know I'll make one cut shown by the red circle but I don't know where to make the second cut to be able to remove the arm.

http://www.doublejz.com/images/forums/quad/pivotbolt.jpg

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bababouie400
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
im having the exact same problem im going to try to cut it where my circles are and somewhere under the chain runner

doublejz
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Actually only make one cut where you have the two circles side by side. Take off the front sprocket (two 10mm bolts) then the plastic chain guard by the front sprocket (two 8mm bolts) and that will give you the 4th place to make a cut.

Good luck!

doublejz
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Btw I got mine off and it wasn't that big of a deal. Just landed up buying a 90 degree attachment for my dremel tool to get the far left circled area cut. I highly recommend cutting from left to right. That way if the blade does reach the whole way through the bolt you can use the head on the bolt and rotate it some and cut it again.