PDA

View Full Version : DYNO numbers

zach R 7x
11-27-2010, 05:11 AM
We took our fxr125 to Snyders yesterday and ran it on the dyno to see what it was putting out stock. When I mean stock , I mean stock....only changes from when it was shipped are jetting ( I changed the jetts to what Pister told me to run) and I pulled the air box off and installed a uni-filter.
With 3 runs we got a consistent 11- 11.7 HP with 6-7 lbs of torque! I was very impressed!!
We will be installing new head ,piston ,cyl and carb soon with some gearing changes. Can't wait to see #'s when it really gets tunned in! I will post #' s when changes are made.

Tim

Logan #34's Dad
11-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Hey Tim, is it possible to make an additional Dyno run after JUST installing an improved intake and carb? You and others have stated that the stock carb/intake are very restrictive. It would be pretty interesting to see if there was a noticable difference with just this change espeacially for the non-racer.

Ride1Rob
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Nice!

quadnana7
11-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Tim, they are impressive stock numbers!
How does Zack like it?

zach R 7x
11-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Rocky, that is the plan. I have a vm26 carb on the way. Shawn has some idea's and alot of parts to work with ,we will be doing the little things first.

We finally got to put this quad on a track on sunday. We were not really impressed with overall power ( now keep in mind Zach is coming off a cvt). The quad was ran with the same set up as previously posted. The carbs just not right and could use sprocket changes.

Here is my take on our Pister quad as of now..... For any kid coming off a cvt and is used to the power of a 2fast or etc...., you will need motor mods right of the bat. Now if you are going to run it in the woods or possible woods racing you may get away with just carb and sprocket changes.

There are some issues that I have had with minor things with this quad.... Brake line to close to exaust, oil cooler cracking and leaking, tie rod ends shot after just riding in the yard (no jumping at all). Now I contacted Pister on all these things and they offered replacement parts no questions asked, which I gladly excepted but chose to install Frap tie rod ends as this is something I feel that I do not want to skimp on.

As far as the suspension, I did a experiment and installed a set of Elkas off my drr SMS LT suspension on the stock Pister suspension ( they are the same length). Zach said it is better than the stock shocks, but no were near as good as his drr was. Our take on the suspension is..... ok for the novice or woods rider but for a seasoned mx rider, it just won't get it.

My overall opinion on the Pister is it has some great qualities and a ton of potential and is a great foundation for a racer quad. At the end of the day this is a chinese quad, it will have some issues that will need addressed. For me the cost to build the motor and do the upgrades on suspension are far from what it would take to build and maintain a cvt. I was also amazed at how cheap the aftermarket motor mods were for this motor and there are alot out there.

At this point , I feel I made the right purchase and my money was well spent. Dealing with the people at Pister has been nothing short of awesome and very helpful.

Ride1Rob
11-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
I was also amazed at how cheap the aftermarket motor mods were for this motor and there are alot out there.

I've only been posting that for how long now lol. No bash on Snyder but if/when you want to deal with a guy that KNOWS these motors and what works what doesn't let me know. For awhile Snyder will only be trying to "Figure it out" :ermm: .

zach R 7x
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Ride1Rob sent you a pm.

Ride1Rob
11-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Got it! Sounds like a smart man if you ask me;)

swamp
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
11 horses thats what my first kitaco motor made. We added a different carb and changed the gearing made a huge difference.. Runs out on the top end probably cam