PDA

View Full Version : Pro's

trompen542
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Any idea's of who is riding for who? besides Byrd, Natalie, and Weinen.

mxpimp2000
11-25-2010, 06:51 PM
heard creamer/hetrick team kawi kfx450 and wimmer going to scott ward mushin suzuki. other than that thats all i have heard of

859davidt
11-26-2010, 06:39 AM
The only pro rider as of now for Mushin is Travis Moore. Can-Am picked up Snapp. Lawson Back with Walsh.

bomberman
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
wimmer with motoworks can-am. ;)

jasonjonesjj
11-28-2010, 12:18 AM
bring back the WPSA!!

jb500ex
11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jasonjonesjj
bring back the WPSA!! they couldnt make money when the economy was good

Pappy
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
they couldnt make money when the economy was good

They made money, it just disappeared:chinese:

RATPACK Z400
11-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Who,s riding suzuki? Look,s like wimmer gonna make so good money but at the price of no championship those Can-am,s just dnf too much,is josh really going back to Kawi?what with all this brand changing BS ! I know its money but its sucks when your favorite rider goe,s to the other brand!

jb500ex
11-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
They made money, it just disappeared:chinese: they didnt make money and they owed a lot of people money. that was their second time doing that they did it when they were just snocross then came back and did the same thing again

Pappy
11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, when the money you make ends up not going where it is supposed to you fail....

I loved the idea of that series, but from what I have been told, mis-management led it to ruin. You cant pocket the $$$ and expect to succeed in the long term:chinese:

dinliracer17
11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
on the flip side he did build himself a brand new house with the $$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy
11-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by dinliracer17
on the flip side he did build himself a brand new house with the $$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly

I dont know anyone in the WPSA's, but got the word on what all supposedly happened. Im not saying more then I have, but this issue irks me when I see people bash the other series and applaud the wpsa series.

RadekPL
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Team Joe Byrd is signed once again with Honda for 2011. I think that's connected with new 450 comming out.

dinliracer17
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
their is no kawasaki team, wimmer is riding for lost creek, and creamer is free agent as of now

FHKracingZ
11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Last i heard is kevin is teaming up with wimmer and yosh and bringing back lost creek. I heard creamer is signed with mushin, but hey what do i know

dinliracer17
11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
you dont know much lol travis moore is the only one on mushin or pro classs

FHKracingZ
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Yea I said I heard, and that was from a very reliable source. That was also about a month ago, things change. Good to see travis get some support.

tyltr450
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
hetrick and creamer on kawis also hear balwin racing will be on ktms but who knows we will all know in about 2 months im sure

mxpimp2000
11-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by tyltr450
hetrick and creamer on kawis also hear balwin racing will be on ktms but who knows we will all know in about 2 months im sure

thats what i heard from a RELIABLE source but some still seem to say im lying :confused:

KingpinsEx
12-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Its pretty bad when you are the current national champion and have to worry about getting a ride, especially from the brand you won it on...

smr
12-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Its pretty bad when you are the current national champion and have to worry about getting a ride, especially from the brand you won it on...

How about being an 8 time national champion and taking a job that has nothing to do with racing.....that sucks.

Pappy knows who I'm talking about.

OutlawEX
12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by smr
How about being an 8 time national champion and taking a job that has nothing to do with racing.....that sucks.

Pappy knows who I'm talking about.

I am guessing you are referring to Doug Gust? Yes it a shame. If I am not mistaken Volkswagen own's suzuki. A car company dont care about ATV's when they are banking over sea's with their car racing program. But suzuki did not have a factory team in years as Yoshimura forked the support

FHKracingZ
12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Last time i talked to doug he had just got his commercial pilot license and is training to become a crop duster pilot.

A little birdy told me that the pros qualifying and both motos will be held on SATURDAY this year at the nationals.

KingpinsEx
12-01-2010, 04:36 PM
The thing that really gets me going is the bikes are not cutting back, if anything they are supporting them more. I guess they have to spend the money somewhere that is no longer being used for atv riders... I wonder if Dungey will have a ride? :rolleyes:

dinliracer17
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
ktm pulled all there support except the top 3 riders

eastside 400
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
the bikes are cutting back big time, it might not seem like they are due to how much larger their budgets are then the ATV's, but Pourcel still doesnt have a contract for next year, Reed made his own team, Honda picked up Grant which is probably a lower payroll then a consistant top rider. Yamaha doesnt really have a true factory team, just a bunch of support teams. And a bunch of really fast riders are running on support teams when 5 years ago they would easily have a factory ride

walker054
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
also heard that both pro motos will be saturday, races will also be on racer tv like GNCC.

jb500ex
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
The thing that really gets me going is the bikes are not cutting back, if anything they are supporting them more. I guess they have to spend the money somewhere that is no longer being used for atv riders... I wonder if Dungey will have a ride? :rolleyes: yes dungey does and he should

Pappy
12-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by walker054
also heard that both pro motos will be saturday, races will also be on racer tv like GNCC.

I sure hope thats true, sure would make my life alot easier!!!

K-Dub
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
a Buddy showed me an article I think it was outta cycle news, that said Dungey hadnt got paid for the 2010 season yet or his sx championship bonus. Plus isnt one of the reason RD left Suzuki due to money?

eastside 400
12-01-2010, 08:55 PM
decoster left suzuki because they only wanted to offer a year by year contract and KTM was willing to do a multi-year deal.

sexysilverado45
12-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Did I just read that races will be on versus

smr
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
The thing that really gets me going is the bikes are not cutting back, if anything they are supporting them more. I guess they have to spend the money somewhere that is no longer being used for atv riders... I wonder if Dungey will have a ride? :rolleyes:

the rider I am talking about is a bike rider. Been around for a long time.

trompen542
12-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Any new rumors lately?

phreak
12-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
a Buddy showed me an article I think it was outta cycle news, that said Dungey hadnt got paid for the 2010 season yet or his sx championship bonus. Plus isnt one of the reason RD left Suzuki due to money?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=42911

The Rockstar Makita Suzuki team will be ready to dominate with returning AMA Supercross and Motocross Champion, Ryan Dungey. Dungey will be joined by new teammate, Brett Metcalfe, and both will be competing aboard a pair of Yoshimura-equipped 2011 Suzuki RM-Z450s.
looks like dungey is staying for 2011.

sucks the article doesn't say what's going to happen with creamer, wimmer, and borich.

300racer
12-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by phreak
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=42911

looks like dungey is staying for 2011.

sucks the article doesn't say what's going to happen with creamer, wimmer, and borich.

i'm sure borich will be rockstar makita agian next year. he wasn't back by suzuki in 2010 and i doubt they help him much this year either. i would guess that the mx team is the same but not sure.

trompen542
12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Go to suzuki's website, under the news section, they list all of their teams, and support teams for 2011, there are no quad teams listed. This came out today

BMS-001
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
#20 Uppy will be on TRX450R

dinliracer17
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
with absolutley no help from honda. He is just a baldwin backed honda.

jigg14
12-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Joel is still gonna be on the Hetrick Racing Kawi.

Creamer was offered to be backed by Suzuki, but no factory support. They said they'd pay his way, but the only money he'd make is the money he won. He said if he can't make at least $50K he's gonna stay home and work.

And Keith Little his hanging it up. He said he might run a few XC races, he's got 2 Kawis for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

hasbeenttduner
12-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Wimmer out too???? This info was posted in a thread in the mini section.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=455487

Copy paste from thread via twitter copy paste I believe.

Dustin Wimmer
‎2011 is not looking to good rite now

13 hours ago via iPhone ·LikeUnlike · Comment.
6 people like this..
Julian Berg What happen?
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Tj Carver I know **** sucks
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Sponsors
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Ryan Diniz its bull****..
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Chad Reed Dam hope u get yhing figured out ur a. Dam good rider an I like watchin ya
13 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Jeff Lancaster you and me both...
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Yea man me too
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jeff Troxell Man you are one of the best riders, I'm sure you wont have problems picking up sponsors. Keep your chin up!
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Bryan Vander Maas stay strong man, you never know who might come in and swoop you up!!!
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Gary Harrison If you're having problems, I really feel for the industry all together........
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Steve George I hope everything works out Dustin. Train hard and do what you gotta do to make it to race day.
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Walt Schumacher Man, REALLY hope you get it all sorted out!
12 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Brad Mulvey Ouch! Where's the dislike button?
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Coty Blair Your the man keep ur head up
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Julian Berg Imagine here in Argentina 4 pesos 1 Dls and the parts here cost the doble
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jim Saints But u still have the Suzuki team supporting you?
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.AJ Hayes Good luck, man. You are an awesome rider, so things should work out
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jake Schlosser Very sad to see our sport crumbling right in front of us. I'm sure you'll find something dustin. I know for a fact one of your fellow competitors said if he doesn't get paid, he's done. Just not worth it for a privateer anymore
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Dustin Wimmer Yea it's sad I raced for so long
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jake Schlosser Well unfortunately if racing goes bad for everyone at least you can say you won some championships along the way. Not a lot of people can say that. Or.......you
Could get on the bandwagon like every other quad rider. Sell everything and try ...the bike side of the aportSee More
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson heres the way i see it factory sponsors arnt getting what they want from the quad community so drop quads bikes stay about the same as a whole quad racing is going down hill a huge organization in canada dropped quad racing and the way its going for D23 this will be the last yr for quad only races unless numbers come up and the tracks here wont put quads and bikes back together so everyone needs to just be thankful we are riding while we can and come together as a whole and make the sport great again
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Yea I can I'll never ride a bike haha I sux on a bike
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 2 peopleLoading....Jake Schlosser Haha me too but at least for our area, track owners love bikes and there are a ton more
Places to ride a bike than a quad. I think when people see how much it costs to build a legit racing ATV, people cringe and say well it's 15-20k for a bu...ilt ATV or 7k for a bike you can ride off the showroom and be super competativeSee More
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Crystal Wilson thats true but in general at least in this area the quad riders have better attitudes then the bike riders the promoters like the quads here just cant support it if the numbers arnt there and the bikes complain about us so the only real way to have bikes and quads together is to have seperate tracks with the same start and hope for the best lol
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jackie Hess Is Suzuki not having a team this year?
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Adam Campbell there will always be a market for atv riders, remeber the hybrid days it will just go back to the monster truck shows again lol how did they do it when there was only 1 real race quad the 250 2 stroke honda
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Crystal Wilson i could be wrong here but im pretty sure most of the factory teams dropped their quad riders this year
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Andrew Cardone i thougth u still had ur deal with suzuki for a while?
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Beth Marn Monroe with the economy the way it is, ppl are having a hard time, including sponsors, we know how it is, we've ran nationals for 4 years, 41 races and we're not going to be able to do all of them this year, we picked 2
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson when it comes to factory support though i really dont believe its an economy thing in the sense of supporting riders because they arent dropping the snowcross riders like they are quads it sucks it outright sucks there just isnt the support... for the sport of quad mx as there is most other motorsports. really on a national tv level what needs to be done to get the sport growing and get the sponsors what they are looking for is getting quad mx on tv in national level im not talking just espn either im talking like fox and such its the only way things will get better for the sport the promoting of atv racing isnt there like it is with everything elseSee More
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Anthony Amado Wow!! I mean wow!
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson What
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Breelynn Griffith You should ride for Honda!!
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Derek Hetland SuZuki is not giving u a ride if they are not get on yamaha with brown
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Kim Wenger Muzzarelli Dustin!
Your a Champ!
Put your head down go to work and make it happen baby!!
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Matthew Judd Everything always has a way of working itself out. BAG UP!
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Phil Maiorano Hit us up at sponsorship@getdirtymx.com...lets see what we can do
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Albert Burd why???????
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Bobby Ross hey bro i feel your pain!! its tough to think about walking away let alone having no choice!! hope it works out for you!!
51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

TrapZ400
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jigg14
Joel is still gonna be on the Hetrick Racing Kawi.

Creamer was offered to be backed by Suzuki, but no factory support. They said they'd pay his way, but the only money he'd make is the money he won. He said if he can't make at least $50K he's gonna stay home and work.

And Keith Little his hanging it up. He said he might run a few XC races, he's got 2 Kawis for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

2011 doesnt look good at all. The economy is so bad right now that the OEMs cant afford to field true factory atv race teams anymore. Every motorsport is feeling it but atv racing takes the biggest hit because we are at the bottom of the list compared to nascar, sx, mx, etc. The OEMs dont get much return in investment by fielding atv race teams. We dont have a lot of spectators at the races and none of the races are on mainstream tv stations. I have read though that the 2011 season may be on Versus. I hope its true!

It sucks that this is happening but I dont really blame the OEMs for cutting back so much. They need to cut back on costs so that they can survive in the future.

ATV racing always seems to have bad luck growing. When ever we start showing good signs of growth something always has to come up that knocks us back a couple years. Like the ATC safety ban crap, no OEM making race quads for the longest time, the WPSA failure, etc

ATV racing is an awesome sport and I think that it would have no problem growing if the economy was good right now. But just like every motorsport they only thrive and grow when the economy is good.

Stiles86
12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
creamer= west bound(worcs)

CADWELL
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Stiles86
creamer= west bound(worcs)

That's what I read.....also Wimmer will be racing a different series...not sure how true that is though...

400grl
12-30-2010, 08:52 AM
ATV racing is going to be hurting for sure in 2011, and who knows how far past that. I loved racing ATV's, but racing short-course now was a good move for me. I have sponsors up the wazoo and the series is only getting bigger every year (www.lucasoiloffroad.com). TV exposure is everything these days - it's the only thing that makes it worth a sponsor's money in this economy. The companies have the money to spend......they are just MUCH pickier about how they spend it. They have to make sure they get every bit of return on their investment.

blaster99
12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Wimmer should run the NEATV series on a Can-am. With 2,000 just from can-am alone and whatever the pay out is per race! With it being kinda close to him, he could actually make a few bucks doing it, not too much though. Just my opinion....

Derrick Adams
12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Funny how everyone says they ride cause they love it and when its not fun any more is when they'll quit.

Sounds to me like this new breed is all about the money. I say get on down the road. I'm starting to like Joe Byrd more and more. Obviously he loves it, cause he's not riding under anyones tent and he's still racing.

So does this just prove that it wasnt Wimmer and Creamer that won Championships, but rather Suzuki. Because to me, if you cant win without the Factory then maybe your not the true winner after all.

No wonder Natalie celebrated so much when he beat the Suzuki team a few years ago..

D Bergstrom
12-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
i'm sure borich will be rockstar makita agian next year. he wasn't back by suzuki in 2010 and i doubt they help him much this year either. i would guess that the mx team is the same but not sure.

I have heard this all year and have to disagree. Suzuki must have helped Borich, either directly or indirectly (through Yoshimura). Everytime I saw the guy on TV he was called "Yoshimura Suzuki racer Chris Borich". Every interview he did he had on either a Team Suzuki shirt or hat. As far as I am concerned, he was getting some type of help from Suzuki. Sorry, but if a company was not helping me, their name would not be mentioned with my name, I would make sure of that.

Doug

TWISTED
12-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by dinliracer17
with absolutley no help from honda. He is just a baldwin backed honda.

I'd rather have Mark in my corner than Honda.... I believe he knows more than them when it comes to racing quads, by a LONG shot..........

RATPACK Z400
12-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Maybe that suzuki has best quads ! everyrider that switched from honda/kawi /250r to suzuki got championship title, Borich,Creamer,Wimmer,Gust. The LTR450 has won championship the past 2yrs in GNNC and has n,t placed less than 2rd in Mx championships(since 2001) has won 5 mx titles out of the past 8 since production rule change ,won Baja (ltr450)won 12hr(Z400) and many other titles aswell maybe Suzuki is better than Honda NOW ! IMO

SRH
12-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
Funny how everyone says they ride cause they love it and when its not fun any more is when they'll quit.

Sounds to me like this new breed is all about the money. I say get on down the road. I'm starting to like Joe Byrd more and more. Obviously he loves it, cause he's not riding under anyones tent and he's still racing.

So does this just prove that it wasnt Wimmer and Creamer that won Championships, but rather Suzuki. Because to me, if you cant win without the Factory then maybe your not the true winner after all.

No wonder Natalie celebrated so much when he beat the Suzuki team a few years ago..

you know creamer didnt even get paid from suzuki he just got his race bike and practice bike and support at the track......

racing b class is $$ enough whose going to spend 30-50k a yr to race for a championship on there own dime...not to mention all the time...guys are going to where they can get support not $$

jjames/jlawson
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Watch out 2011 Jeremy Lawson/Walsh Racecraft winning the Championship...........Lawson is in the sport, because he lives,breathes, loves the sport.........no money for the last 2 yrs......he is a die-hard.........

TrapZ400
12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Will Jeremy be back on the suzuki?

Im definitely pulling for lawson this year to be up there battling for the championship.

jjames/jlawson
01-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, on Suzuki. Thanks for the support and definetly Championship bound......

KingpinsEx
01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by SRH
you know creamer didnt even get paid from suzuki he just got his race bike and practice bike and support at the track......

It is my understanding that Creamer got paid if he was on the podium, so thats a heck of a motivator...

tw1976
01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
From the way I read it Heimes will be running pro.

I'm not expecting it, but it sure would be nice to see some full gates and maybe even some qualifying again. Maybe a little leveler playing field will give some more of the Pro-am guys the incentive to step up.

EDIT: I guess someone didn't like my link, and deleted it, lol. atvproracing.com had a link to a blurock press release. Guess you will have to go to that site to view it.

trompen542
01-05-2011, 07:40 AM
bump

hasbeenttduner
01-05-2011, 08:05 AM
There is a story on the front page about Bomb Squad Racing having a team for the worcs series. They have hired Cory Ellis to run the team. but have yet to list the riders or brand that they will be on. The worcs starts in a couple of weeks so we should see some info soon. In the past the Bomb Squad ran Polaris but the Polaris release about 2011 did not list any sport quad teams or riders at this time. Also in this thread someone posted that Creamer was going to run worcs this year.......hmmmmm?????

Lasher
01-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
Yes, on Suzuki. Thanks for the support and definetly Championship bound......

I would love to see him on the new Walsh hybrid instead...too bad the rules don't allow it.

01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
yea lawson!. im rooting for him. and with the guys at walsh behind him. Hes going to be tuff to beat this year.

jrspawn
01-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
I would love to see him on the new Walsh hybrid instead...too bad the rules don't allow it.

Not yet.......................

Ellingsoc26
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Chad is going to take this one home this year who are you all kidding!

bbender85
01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BMS-001
#20 Uppy will be on TRX450R

and i think he'll be the one to watch. if weinen can get his starts dialed in he'll be tought to beat too.

RATPACK Z400
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Hope Chad,s riding something else! what is he riding this yr ?

Ellingsoc26
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Can Am and he has it figured out more this year he had a two year deal with them.

SRH
01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
It is my understanding that Creamer got paid if he was on the podium, so thats a heck of a motivator...

your right heres the link to the info

http://www.********.com/atv_columns/old-school-16

SRH
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
hmm for some reason the link wont work, its on atv scene

smr
01-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hmm for some reason the link wont work, its on atv scene

LMAO........i love it

hasbeenttduner
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
copy, paste, fill in the************.:cool:

jasonjonesjj
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
well looks like creamer will be out west. so much for getting to watch him ride this year. sucks.

hsr
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
well looks like creamer will be out west. so much for getting to watch him ride this year. sucks.

I would honestly be surprised if there are more than 10 pros at the nationals this year at each round. And now there is talk about letting hybrids back in the pro class...how can these people afford to race anymore? It is sad when the reigning national champ can't afford to defend his title b/c suzuki won't offer him any help.

Latemodel32
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
. I'm starting to like Joe Byrd more and more. Obviously he loves it, cause he's not riding under anyones tent and he's still racing.

Ever met Him ? He's a *******

Stiles86
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
i wish there was a "like" button ^^

mxpimp2000
01-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Stiles86
i wish there was a "like" button ^^

x2

Derrick Adams
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
He might be an a-hole, but he'll be an a-hole with another national championship once all the wannabe's are gone.

nwi45
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
How many pro-am riders have enough points to move up? I know Hetrick and Snapp and a few others are going to the pro class but IMO it would be the perfect opprotunity to make the jump for anyone who has the required points

mxpimp2000
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
He might be an a-hole, but he'll be an a-hole with another national championship once all the wannabe's are gone.

if he was good enough for a championship he would get it with or without the wannabe's racing. If they gotta be gone then he aint working for it

Derrick Adams
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Your missing the point. The point is, he's clearly racing because he loves it. Not for a paycheck. Therefore he gets more credit in my book than the guys that jump ship because of money.

mxpimp2000
01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Your missing the point. The point is, he's clearly racing because he loves it. Not for a paycheck. Therefore he gets more credit in my book than the guys that jump ship because of money.

i understand that point, iam by far the rich and wealthy i do all i can to race and it isnt for money because i spend wayy too much but i love it so im goin to do it.

jigg14
01-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Its not necessarily the money. If you're not getting paid enough to pay your bills you can do it, and being pro and trying to work a 9-5 job doesn't work out too well. Joe Byrd has been around long enough and he has the school to help pay bills, so therefore he does it for the money too.

Latemodel32
01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Heck ya he does it for the money. He's there promoting his riding school to get students. If he did it "Not" for the money his riding school would be free then ? Not $600-$800

jigg14
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Latemodel32
Heck ya he does it for the money. He's there promoting his riding school to get students. If he did it "Not" for the money his riding school would be free then ? Not $600-$800
Exactly

smr
01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Latemodel32

I've been around Joe since the early days at Chapel MX.

Beleive me, if he wasn't getting paid he wouldn't do it.

hasbeenttduner
01-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Just like when the "wannabe's" were racing the WPSA?
I don't understand the wannabe's statement if referance to those that don't have enough money to race in 2011. I don't think Joe would be calling the guys that are keeping him from winning a title wannabe's.
It looks like your def of wannabe would be=Those that are having better results but if they are not there I could be king.
I also think that if you were to rewind that maybe you would use a different word to express what you were thinking.
It's too bad that the sport that we all love won't have all of the best riders together on the track for us to watch.
Good luck to them all in 2011.

dan harris
01-10-2011, 08:23 AM
They Need to get paid to be able to do it. They are adults and need to have an income like anyone else. Racing Pro is a full time job. I don't know anyone that works a full time job and doesn't get paid ! If they are out there they have a passion for racing and riding ! But if they don't get paid for it then they wouldn't be able to dedicate their life to following the nat's ! They would work a norm job and race A or Vet on the weekends !

Hate seeing people rag on someone for wanting to make a living at something they love ! Don't call them haters when they have to find something else to do when the money stops ! They made it to pro because they can ride but more because they have been able to dedicate their lives to the sport and have found ways to make money at it so they can survive - pay bills and live !! Thats why most of them will be able to rebound and stay in the sport somehow - hopefully making a decent living ! props to Joe Bird and his riding school - he deserves every penny he charges - I'm sure he puts 100% into what he provides.

mjc597
01-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
They Need to get paid to be able to do it. They are adults and need to have an income like anyone else. Racing Pro is a full time job. I don't know anyone that works a full time job and doesn't get paid ! If they are out there they have a passion for racing and riding ! But if they don't get paid for it then they wouldn't be able to dedicate their life to following the nat's ! They would work a norm job and race A or Vet on the weekends !

Hate seeing people rag on someone for wanting to make a living at something they love ! Don't call them haters when they have to find something else to do when the money stops ! They made it to pro because they can ride but more because they have been able to dedicate their lives to the sport and have found ways to make money at it so they can survive - pay bills and live !! Thats why most of them will be able to rebound and stay in the sport somehow - hopefully making a decent living ! props to Joe Bird and his riding school - he deserves every penny he charges - I'm sure he puts 100% into what he provides.

well said.

OutlawEX
01-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Just get rid of the AMA that use's the quad money to promote the dirtbikes and work a deal with Lucas Oil for a mainstream east coast series and maybe this sport will have a chance to grow more rapidlly to what it diserves. If they can televise Lawn mower races on Speed and get good coverage results, then I dont see why ATV wouldnt. IF that happend we would see 39 pro's like we did 3-4 years ago

hasbeenttduner
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by dan harris

I agree. And the ones that can no longer do the nats shouldn't be talked down about for doing what they need to do. It's life. Being a selfish fan I wish we could watch all of the best battle it out just like A1 on sat night, but we can't always get what we want. Bummer.

400grl
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Just get rid of the AMA that use's the quad money to promote the dirtbikes and work a deal with Lucas Oil for a mainstream east coast series and maybe this sport will have a chance to grow more rapidlly to what it diserves. If they can televise Lawn mower races on Speed and get good coverage results, then I dont see why ATV wouldnt. IF that happend we would see 39 pro's like we did 3-4 years ago

THIS! Lucas Oil is into EVERYTHING, and very successful at whatever they touch.....

feuerstack411
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

We need the WPSA's back

jasonjonesjj
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Mention of wimmer going to new england on a different site... great interview, too... even though the interviewer was a dickhead the whole time.

phreak
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Mention of wimmer going to new england on a different site... great interview, too... even though the interviewer was a dickhead the whole time.
do you have a link?

atv scene did a video interview with mike walsh and he mentions the rumors that wimmer may run the neatv-mx series.

camsdad
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Anyone lined up behind a pro gate is getting paid in one way,shape,or form.the payout isn't always in the way of a salary.
Joe bird for instance,he has his school,he gets contingency from small sponsors,he gets support from Honda and he sells quite a few $12-16k quads each yr.
Anyone that really knows Joe knows he is a good guy.yes he has his own unique personality but he definitely loves the sport and puts 100% into it.
As far as my favorite for 2011....TRAVIS MOORE,he is working non stop.all his hard work is going to payoff this yr. Go Travis/team mushin.

mxpimp2000
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
cody grant #18 isnt running pro this year. "locals only"

candidate zero
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
[i]As far as my favorite for 2011....TRAVIS MOORE,he is working non stop.all his hard work is going to payoff this yr. Go Travis/team mushin. [/B]

+1

He is riding awesome, and talking to him he's a really cool guy.

88redrocket
02-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Looks like wimmer is running neatv for 2011.

http://www.neatv-mx.com/2011/atv/index.html

scroll to the bottom then click >

jasonjonesjj
02-14-2011, 01:07 PM
just read in the hunter miller article on the front page that thomas brown will be racing in texas this year.

madskrillz2
02-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Lookin like nationals are gonna be a ghost town this year.

blaster99
02-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm sure Thomas will run the Nationals as well. He did great last year and will only get better. I'm sure the AMA is hoping that the top Pro-am guys from last year are going to be applying for their pro license wit h the new rule change. It's not going to look too good for the sport if there's only 10 quads on the line for national TV!!

scottproquad
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM
they should let anyone one who wants to pay the entry fee run if they can qualify then let um race with the big boys. pro card or no pro card.

scottproquad
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM
they should let anyone one who wants to pay the entry fee run if they can qualify then let um race with the big boys. pro card or no pro card.