PDA

View Full Version : couple questions please help me out

reaper-ltr450
11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
ok i have a 2007 ltr 450r and im doing some motor work because it needs new rings.. but i was thinking about getting a big bore and i was gonna go with either a 474 big bore or a 498 ice cube big bore but all i do is trail ride mostly but i still wanna beat my friends any advice for me and could i use the stock cams???.... :ermm:

panici33
11-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Big bore would be a waste of money imo if you're just trail riding. Try a full system exhaust, PCV, and intake cam first.

reaper-ltr450
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
well the thing is that im changing the piston and rings for around 250 bucks and the 474 big bore kit is only 396 bucks so just figured it would just pay some more to get the big bore... but i could be wrong

TrX450er14
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
once u start building the engine u might as well b ready to drop some cash cause ask anyone once u start building it the power u start making will make other problems 2 like crank vavles break chains plus big bore kits dont last long and if u ride trails ull never use the power cause its mostly top end thats y all the desert riders use them put a stage 1 cam, exhaust, sprockets, efi programmer... try that first.....jmho...

09RappySe
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Big bore kits don't last long says who?..... mine are fine

bosshogg1
12-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm about to run that 474 kit it will be done after the holiday an I was going the same route your thinking of I talked to alot of people from cylinder/works. to the company that was selling the kit to the guy's that ride with this kit I wanted to cover every ground before I went an spent my money I did not here anything bad about the kit. you have your guys that talk down on it. but that's the ones that probley have had, seen, or heard bad situations on bb kits. now that I got that out the way. check before I went that route I went an got the hotcam stage1 intake, port/polish, velosity intake,yoshi rs-5 pipe, trinity efi unit, I did have power but it wasn't enough, I needed alil more. so you see which way I'm going.... But I added alil more to my bike now I wish I could put my pics on here