View Full Version : Trx 90 valve lapping

Texas
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Rebuilding the motor but not familiar with valve lapping. Any suggestions or recommendations on how I can achieve this.

airmobile101
11-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Its not too difficult. Your gonna need some lapping compound and a tiny suction cup. Toss some compound onto the valve(not much) and attach the stick with the suction cup and start spinning like your warming your hands(rubbing your hands back and forth). I was too lazy to do that, I just took some stiff fuel line and stuck it on the other end on the valve and attached a drill to the opposite end. Kinda hard to explain in words to really understand.
Anyways....... once you do it. take the valve off and wipe clean all the residue from the compound. And I mean clean that sucka! Slap the valve together with springs, retainers, etc... Then toss a tiny bit of fuel into the exhaust or intake port and see if it leaks thru. And....... depending on how bad it leaks or not, you might have to do it again. I like my stuff with zero leaks, but minimal leak is ok. Meaning........ if you have fuel in that intake or exhaust port and it takes 5 min to barely see fuel seep thru, then your ok!

Make sure you DO NOT USE COURSE compound !!!! Try to use a Fine grit compound.
I hope I didn't confuse you.

Texas
11-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks that really helps.