PDA

View Full Version : new 2 raptor 250 few air fule ?'s

rhinorick
11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Well the kido is just now useing all the power the stocker had and she got passed in the flat track race do to lack of power. I saw a good deal on a new srrached up full pipe called ac and they said they used a 146 main with lid on. They had a video on ther site and the thing is popen sounds lean 2me. I see some guys say 170 main 30 pilot. Do I need the air filter ring? The stock filter let a lot of air flow? And what about the k&n on em. Also any one had any luck with big gun cdi?

Hetrick300
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
from all my experence use a K&N with Prefilter and for cdi I wouldnt even bother with it till you do your motor but if you want to get one Dynatech or Procom is the way to go. But you need to remove the lid from the airbox it needs the extra flow and it will increase throttle response but on the jets it totally depends on what alltitude you race at you cant just jet it for sea level when your at 4500 feet above sea level you need to buy a jet kit and jet it accordinaly.

rhinorick
11-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Hetrick300
from all my experence use a K&N with Prefilter and for cdi I wouldnt even bother with it till you do your motor but if you want to get one Dynatech or Procom is the way to go. But you need to remove the lid from the airbox it needs the extra flow and it will increase throttle response but on the jets it totally depends on what alltitude you race at you cant just jet it for sea level when your at 4500 feet above sea level you need to buy a jet kit and jet it accordinaly.

Thanks I get that I will have to jet it for the 2500 feet I'm at but what I am tryen to do is not pay for every jet from 130 to 190. I see some guys saying its a vacum carb and to just drill a few holes that it needs some back presure and it looks like they r around 140 give or take then I see some guys around 170 witch I would think is more of a jump than a few 1000 feet. I'd like to only have to buy 5or 6 jetsand tune from there would b a lot cheeper for me and a lot less time lol

Hetrick300
12-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by rhinorick
Thanks I get that I will have to jet it for the 2500 feet I'm at but what I am tryen to do is not pay for every jet from 130 to 190. I see some guys saying its a vacum carb and to just drill a few holes that it needs some back presure and it looks like they r around 140 give or take then I see some guys around 170 witch I would think is more of a jump than a few 1000 feet. I'd like to only have to buy 5or 6 jetsand tune from there would b a lot cheeper for me and a lot less time lol

A Dynojet Jet Kit does very well for the stock carb. With the jets you need and a good price.

lilman
12-12-2010, 08:33 AM
hey there i strongly advise against "just drilling some holes " jets are cheap compared to your motor,you dont need to buy all the jets buy them in jumps of ten to narrow it down then get the ones you need .if your not comfortable doing this your local shop will or should set you up give back the ones you dont need
just dont go 'DRILLING HOLES' you will hate yourself for it and the jets will look crzy cheap compared to the rebuild,the jet kit hetrick is telling you about will have the stuff you need

rhinorick
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys, I'm sure i 'll get it should start working on it after x mass. last time I had a dyno jet kit I got them mixed up with some of the jets in my tool box and they weren't the same sizes buy numbers as the other jets. Made it a bit of a pain if I didn't get my stuff mixed up guess it wouldn't be bad