PDA

View Full Version : DWT mx tires feedback ?

hotquads1
11-23-2010, 08:52 AM
now that the DWT mx tires have been out a while and got some track time , what do you guys think ? feedback ? I have not yet run them on anything here , but have other riders using them with mixed feedback , some like, some not so sure.
thanks, Marc

JIM GRACE
11-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Still prefer the 940's for all out traction at the tracks that we run. I have switched tires in between motos
And always placed better with the maxxis
tires.
Got a set of both versions with little to no
Wear on them if someones interested.
Pm me.

nastynotchback1
11-23-2010, 11:41 AM
they seem to hook up well but they will 2 wheel a kid in the turns quick.Myself and another father were talking about shaving every other side lug at an angle and see what that does.

raidernut
11-24-2010, 12:34 AM
We really like the new DWT version 2 tires. We ran them the last two WORCS rounds and they worked great for Buddy and helped us clinch a National Title. The traction was as much as you could ever need for a mini. Our motors arent any short on power, and we hook up just fine. Tire wear seems on par with any name brand tire. As far as two wheeling in the corners, you are probably running too little air pressure and collapsing the sidewall, causing too much side bite. Air up a little and try again. We never cared for the 940's. Sure their light, and sure they have decent traction, they should for a big balloon tire. But our experience was too much air, and they were very bouncy in rough stuff, and too little air the rubber collapsed to the rim. Could never get a happy medium. The DWT seems like a much more durable higher quality product, and made for racing.

gistmarrs
11-24-2010, 09:41 AM
We like them on our Cobra/rm85. We had to run the pressure up quite a bit more than the Sno Hogs that we used previously. Never had the 940's, so can't compare.

Marrs

thequadfather+2
11-24-2010, 09:43 AM
We like ours. I have had a set on our 90 since shortly after Loretta's. I noticed a difference in how they hook immediately but also saw the same thing you guys mentioned in the corners. Jordan came off the track and said the quad felt like it wanted to turn over and was turning up on the outside wheels. I added a couple more pounds of air and he was able to corner better. We were also considering shaving every-other side lug to help it slide better. Maybe the outside corner of the lug, about half of it.

Off the gate we are carrying the front wheels almost everytime now. They hook up like crazy.

We started with 5 pounds of air, then we went to 6 and now we are running 8 psi.

So far we like them, just gonna keep dialing them in until we get where we want to be.

raidernut
11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Let us know the results of your shaving testing, and I will forward this feedback to the proper people at DWT.

Bens Dad
11-25-2010, 08:17 PM
I installed the new dwts on a 70 mod. really helped in hooking the quad up. But I think with the softer compound tire and large outer lugs we seem to be on two wheels around vrey turn. If my son cant get use to them by next race I will cut the outer lugs at an angle. And post what the out come was. All in all I really Like the tire!!!

raidernut
11-26-2010, 12:58 AM
You guys that are having too much side bite, what psi are you running? we are not having any issues like that, and the tires are sliding well for us. Could be the soil back east may be more tacky than the sandy loam at west as well.

thequadfather+2
11-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
We started with 5 pounds of air, then we went to 6 and now we are running 8 psi.

So far we like them, just gonna keep dialing them in until we get where we want to be.

no sand over here outside of Florida......and who cares about them:devil:

hotquads1
11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Mark , what psi are you guys running in the west ?

raidernut
11-26-2010, 10:16 AM
7 psi