PDA

View Full Version : cylinder info and recommendations

honda400ex2003
11-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I am wondering if any of you guys have had 250r trikes do any cylinders for you guys? I am going to need to get 2 of them done now that i finally found a decent deal on a stocker and a ported one. I would just get the sleeves from them, have them press them in and then have them match a piston to them of my choosing. any info on that stuff or any suggestions on another decent place to get the whole shabang done? maybe gt thunder or c&d would do it, im not sure if they do 2 stroke stuff?

also using 86 cylinders on an 87 uses the spacer and i would have to make sure i get an 86 sleeve to go in it to use it? Do i also have to get an 86 piston to run it on a long rod motor?

thanks steve

solid250r
11-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Just got a rebuilt clutch cover & bearing from 250rtrikes overnighted, going to instal tomorow, looks freeking awesome!

honda400ex2003
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
nice, i have got a few things from them too. I got a skidplate and a bumper from them. both are great, great service also from them. I just want to know if anyone has done anything with engine work from them too before i send everything over to them to have it done. I would really like to use my guy but i would have to order everything anyway then give it to him. they have everything needed already there and could do it without me having to handle everything inbetween. I would just tell them to use LA sleeves with stock bore on the one that is not ported and then go to probably 295cc on the ct low end ported one.

on another note too as a bit of a side topic: would the pro circuit pipe and silencer that i have go good with a low end port? it is a platinum pipe with a 304 silencer on it. I was told it was a mid and top end pipe and can def tell, I would like to use the low end port to make a good all around engine but am unsure if these work like 4 strokes with cams and exhaust. lol

thanks again,
steve

fearlessfred
11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
I am wondering if any of you guys have had 250r trikes do any cylinders for you guys? I am going to need to get 2 of them done now that i finally found a decent deal on a stocker and a ported one. I would just get the sleeves from them, have them press them in and then have them match a piston to them of my choosing. any info on that stuff or any suggestions on another decent place to get the whole shabang done? maybe gt thunder or c&d would do it, im not sure if they do 2 stroke stuff?

also using 86 cylinders on an 87 uses the spacer and i would have to make sure i get an 86 sleeve to go in it to use it? Do i also have to get an 86 piston to run it on a long rod motor?

thanks steve hey steve,your gonna want t o run the 86 piston with the 86 sleeve with spacer the wristpin height is approx.5 mm different between the 2 pistons.with the spacer u have allready corrected for the longer rod

honda400ex2003
11-22-2010, 08:20 PM
thanks for the info fred! It is coming with the spacer for one at least so now i just have to make sure i get the proper sleeve and piston. Thanks again, steve

fearlessfred
11-22-2010, 08:35 PM
u are gonna love your 250r .i still beleive it was the best ever made

honda400ex2003
11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
agreed, it is a nice machine and is mostly stock now with the exception of the pipe reeds and rad valve. it is all stock internals and still runs great. I just want to have backups for it so i dont have to worry about anything if i blow it up a few times. lol I doubt it will happen but hey never too late to be prepared. lol same with my 400. steve

wilkin250r
11-23-2010, 08:11 AM
on another note too as a bit of a side topic: would the pro circuit pipe and silencer that i have go good with a low end port? it is a platinum pipe with a 304 silencer on it. I was told it was a mid and top end pipe and can def tell, I would like to use the low end port to make a good all around engine but am unsure if these work like 4 strokes with cams and exhaust. lol

The pro circuit pipe isn't going to be a "high rev" quite like a true drag pipe, like a ESR TRX11 pipe. But still, a high rev pipe and low-end porting makes a terrible combination.

I could go into a long-winded explanation, but basically the pipe is choking off the low-end, and the porting is choking off the high end. You don't get the best of both worlds, you get the WORST of both worlds.

It will still run, because even low-rev porting will still rev out, just not very well.

honda400ex2003
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
very good! thanks for the info wilkin. I just wont use that cylinder without a low end pipe or i will get it ported a bit different for top end. I wasnt sure how that would work on these.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get everything done? I will have to do a bit of searching tonight to see how much gt thunder and c&d are.

thanks again everyone!
steve

way2fast4u_250R
11-23-2010, 12:45 PM
escuse mi bad english, i from china work in us- i buy 2 esr cilinder kits 310 &330 trx9 porteng an pay esr $150 more to best porteng cylinders-they ran ok-not fast. i sen mesage to 250trikes an they sen me to bdt motosport –they say bdtm build al motors & cilinder for them. bdtm porteng & floweng esr cilinders an now run very–very fast. bdtm now built fo me new 295 complitly motor-very hapy with bdtm & 250trikes-recomend very-very much, sen bdtm motor to china to frend-he lov at. paul

honda400ex2003
11-23-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks for the info! steve

fearlessfred
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by way2fast4u_250R
escuse mi bad english, i from china work in us- i buy 2 esr cilinder kits 310 &330 trx9 porteng an pay esr $150 more to best porteng cylinders-they ran ok-not fast. i sen mesage to 250trikes an they sen me to bdt motosport –they say bdtm build al motors & cilinder for them. bdtm porteng & floweng esr cilinders an now run very–very fast. bdtm now built fo me new 295 complitly motor-very hapy with bdtm & 250trikes-recomend very-very much, sen bdtm motor to china to frend-he lov at. paul
i wandering if paul from china and ace carlos are the same person.i go a luk nto dis an findy owt

wild250rman
11-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
i wandering if paul from china and ace carlos are the same person.i go a luk nto dis an findy owt
they have 250r's in china?:confused: lol

jcs003
11-24-2010, 10:52 AM

i was thinking the same thing.lol. i know quiete a few foreign people and they seem to always write better than they speak. where i went to college it was full of foreign people so im fimiliar with the language barrier.haha

fearlessfred
11-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i was thinking the same thing.lol. i know quiete a few foreign people and they seem to always write better than they speak. where i went to college it was full of foreign people so im fimiliar with the language barrier.haha yea, look at his first posts and his spelling was just fine, i think and hope that anyone is welcome on this forum,as long as they follow the rules.i have heard enough about bdtm. it all seems kinda hoaky to me. jcs003 have u got your bike running right

fearlessfred
11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by wild250rman
they have 250r's in china?:confused: lol well,it sounds like they have at least one and it is very very fast

honda400ex2003
11-24-2010, 07:56 PM
are spacers for these cylinders pretty easy to come across most of the time? or is it if you find a good one buy it? there are a few on ebay now but if i can get them easy enough i wont get one now, ill wait till i need to use the cylinder. thanks, steve

jcs003
11-25-2010, 03:22 AM
yea, look at his first posts and his spelling was just fine, i think and hope that anyone is welcome on this forum,as long as they follow the rules.i have heard enough about bdtm. it all seems kinda hoaky to me. jcs003 have u got your bike running right

thanks again fred. it runs but refuses to idle. havent removed the flywheel yet to cancel out that variable. im still also thinking about a clogged overflow in my carb.

honda400ex2003
11-25-2010, 02:30 PM
are spacers for these cylinders pretty easy to come across most of the time? or is it if you find a good one buy it? there are a few on ebay now but if i can get them easy enough i wont get one now, ill wait till i need to use the cylinder. thanks, steve

anyone?

steve

fearlessfred
11-25-2010, 03:00 PM
i dont know how available they are,but i have read on this forum that they come in different thickness. i beleive that u want the one that equals 5 mm with the gaskets.when i did the spacer thing back in the late 80s i had to make my own plate. some guys are running thinner plates in order to gain compression and prob more important, port timing changes. i would suggest keeping it simple the first time out,and keeping the piston as close to the stock height in relationship to the deck.86 quad (geturdone) and neil from c leigh are to guys on here that seem to be way smart on the 250r