PDA

View Full Version : People these days...

ridered11
11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/22/new.york.islamic.center/index.html?hpt=T2

miller821
11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/22/new.york.islamic.center/index.html?hpt=T2

What's so wrong about it?

ridered11
11-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe the fact that not only are they attempting to build a mosque right next to ground zero, they are seeking federal funding from a project designated to help rebuild after the 9/11 attacks...?

Maybe its just me.

miller821
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Maybe the fact that not only are they attempting to build a mosque right next to ground zero, they are seeking federal funding from a project designated to help rebuild after the 9/11 attacks...?

Maybe its just me.

I understand your argument... But...

In a statement, El-Gamal said the money would "in part fund social service programs such as domestic violence programs, Arabic and other foreign language classes, programs and services for homeless veterans, two multi-cultural art exhibits and immigration services."

Does that sound bad to you?

I'm not trying to start anything, I just feel that since they are of a different religion many people judge their actions, even if the actions are for a good cause.

CJM
11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Just cause thats what the guy said doesnt mean thats where the money will truly go.

Look at it like this: the smurfs blow up your backyard for whatever reason, 5 years later they want to build smurfville at the house nextdoor-how would you feel?

ridered11
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I have no problem building a community center, the benefits are obvious. But, a muslim based community center next to ground zero? No way.

This has been going on for a while now but the fact they are seeking this federal grant just blows my mind.

miller821
11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Look at it like this: the smurfs blow up your backyard for whatever reason, 5 years later they want to build smurfville at the house nextdoor-how would you feel?

Imagine this... Your a dog lover your whole life. One dog bites you, and does some serious damage. Does this make you hate dogs? No, because a generalization that every dog does the same thing, is idiotic.

I understand your weariness because of what happened, but I don't think we should let that rule our judgement about all Muslims.

miller821
11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
And I'm not trying to start anything like said...

Just don't believe that all Muslims are out to get us... Men of all race and religion fight for our country, including Muslims.

ridered11
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Not all dogs are from an area of the world that preaches death to America...its a matter of respect, clearly some people don't have any.

CJM
11-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Not all dogs are from an area of the world that preaches death to America...its a matter of respect, clearly some people don't have any.

this..

If this were the 1950-1989 you would be labeled a communist and probably sent to jail for saying the mosque is ok.

I checked your profile and not trying to sound like a jerk but your a young kid who really doesnt know anything better in respect to this. At 20 years old you cant possibly have a full understanding and gravity of the situation. Us older folks or those in the know understand it quite well.

The problem isnt the normal everyday muslims, its the radical idiots who make them all seem bad. Sadly those radicals want to rain death upon us and they keep on trying it and sometimes succeeding time and time again. Thats the reason most people dislike muslims as an ethic/religious group. my best friend is muslim, he and his family do not subscribe to the radical bs, however for every one who doesnt-10 do. These people have been attacking others for their beliefs for centuries now. In the last 100 years they really are trying to hit the US and any of its allies as hard as possible. See here: Examples of attacks by muslims (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Examples_of_attacks)

bmxican345
11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
who cares..

ridered11
11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
^Theres another problem in our country, mexicans...

miller821
11-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by CJM
this..

If this were the 1950-1989 you would be labeled a communist and probably sent to jail for saying the mosque is ok.

I checked your profile and not trying to sound like a jerk but your a young kid who really doesnt know anything better in respect to this. At 20 years old you cant possibly have a full understanding and gravity of the situation. Us older folks or those in the know understand it quite well.

The problem isnt the normal everyday muslims, its the radical idiots who make them all seem bad. Sadly those radicals want to rain death upon us and they keep on trying it and sometimes succeeding time and time again. Thats the reason most people dislike muslims as an ethic/religious group. my best friend is muslim, he and his family do not subscribe to the radical bs, however for every one who doesnt-10 do. These people have been attacking others for their beliefs for centuries now. In the last 100 years they really are trying to hit the US and any of its allies as hard as possible. See here: Examples of attacks by muslims (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism#Examples_of_attacks)

Do you really think that 90% of Muslims wish us dead? Yes, I agree their are extremist, and that yes those extremist do probably wish us dead. But that seems to me to be beside the point that I was making... That just because the extremist part wants us dead; doesn't mean that we should judge the other side of the spectrum with the same attitude.

CJM
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by miller821
Do you really think that 90% of Muslims wish us dead? Yes, I agree their are extremist, and that yes those extremist do probably wish us dead. But that seems to me to be beside the point that I was making... That just because the extremist part wants us dead; doesn't mean that we should judge the other side of the spectrum with the same attitude.

You make a valid point and I do agree perhaps 90% was a bit high. BUt there is no denying the fact many of them wish us dead, I do not know of any other current mainstream religious/extremist group who wishes the same.

trailrider894
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I am going out on a limb here, but In my mind it isn't about whether muslims are extremist or not. I think that its just about the reminder of what of what happened that day in 2001. Nearly 3,000 people died by a muslims hand, and the people don't need to drive through downtown NYC and see a Mosque next to Ground Zero, it will surely stir up violence and hate. The Muslims are testing us with this, they are waiting to pull there racist america card... You just watch. " but your head between your legs and kiss you ***** goodbye.", because as long as the retards who run this government are in there nothing good will come of this country.

ridgeracer
11-23-2010, 11:18 AM
First off, I am not against Muslims or mosques for that matter. America was founded on the ideas of freedom of religion so I have no problem with them having mosques here in the US. That said..

Looking back on history, it is often found that muslims will build a mosque on conquered soil immediately following a military victory. The 9/11 attacks were the biggest Muslim assault on U.S. soil, which they now want to turn into the world's largest mosque, aka Muslim place of worship. Supporters of this monument claim it is to spread awareness and acceptance of Muslims, and hide behind the promises of a "community center". Whether their intentions are truly charitable or not I will let you decide, but if that was their true intent then why must the mosque be built ON ground zero? Build the mosque somewhere else. It is them slapping us in the face. It will not make America seem like we are forgiving or accepting, it will make us look weak in the eyes of the world.

Now on top of that,the fact that they are hoping that we, the people of the United States will fund this..is ridiculous.

ridered11
11-23-2010, 04:36 PM
^My point exactly

99400esex
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
^Theres another problem in our country, mexicans...

miller821
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by CJM
You make a valid point and I do agree perhaps 90% was a bit high. BUt there is no denying the fact many of them wish us dead, I do not know of any other current mainstream religious/extremist group who wishes the same.

I can agree with you there.

250ex_dan
11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 99400esex

why you have to say it like that?
a bit racist,but im not going to fight over my race because then i would be like the rest of the people.......
maybe the world would be a better place if we all did what we are supposed to do and not worry aboutthe others,because they are doing there own thing!
you can hate on meor ban me,but it wont make a difference.
that all i have to say...

trick450r
11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
When I hear a high level member of the islamic community speak out against the rediculous extremists that are killing thousands in the name of allah, that will be the day I will accept the idea of the "community center."