PDA

View Full Version : Who's running TLSS for 03?

MX26
02-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Just wondering how many of you guys are gonna run the Texas Lonestar State Championship this year. I probably won't make it to the 1st Round(Feb 23rd I think) because of a trip to Houston the 26th, but hopefully I'll make all the rest.

MrP
02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
I will be racing the TLSS. You ought to try and make it out to round one.

MX26
02-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Todd: Just depends on how the money goes. This trip is gonna end up costing near $350 so I might be a little short changed. Insurance bill came in the other day.. Not pretty. If I'm not racing, I'll probably be spectating from the seat of my 250R.

Good luck. Are you running TQRA too?

Buzzsaw300, Razorback: You two really need to make these races. It's a totally different crowd than the TQRA, and usually not nearly as fast.

Razorback
02-10-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm definitely going to try and make some of these this year. I've got to get out to swan ;)

My quad's in the shop right now getting some new muscle :D so I'm out a couple of weeks. Buzzy's doing mostly TT racing now, so I don't know how many he'll make, but maybe we can convince him to make one or two.

MX26
02-10-2003, 07:00 PM
TT? Where's a TT track around here???

Swan is awesome. Some people say that it's the best dirt in Texas. Nocona is nice too.. From what I hear.

Razorback
02-10-2003, 08:05 PM
The biggest TT racing in these parts is in Greenbrier, Arkansas. Krotky is also pretty close to having his TT track done. I don't know about any other tracks in the area.

Hey, is there a web page with the Lonestar Series schedule? I went to Swan's website and it has nothing that I can find.

Nocona is a great track. Hopefully you can make it there the next time around.

MrP
02-11-2003, 07:22 AM
MX26- Yea I will be at the TQRA's.

Buzzsaw300, Razorback- Yea yall need to make some of these. Last time I raced at Swan it was Johnny, Hunter & Cody, Chad, and a few others that dont run the TQRA. But its not the same crowd as the TQRA just pretty much the whole pro class that is usually 1 2 3 at the TQRA's. Chaler will probably be at Swan next weekend also.

MX26
02-11-2003, 11:33 AM
I don't really know where there's a schedule posted. Swan also used http://www.omenpromotions.com but I haven't been there in a while. There's no information on their site.. Just an intro. Pretty dumb.

Chaler is very fast. Hopefully I'll quicken back up to a little faster than I was before I got out, because I'm embarrasingly slow now. The last time I was out at Greenville, Cody and Hunter, Johnny, Corey, and some more people came out.. I couldn't hang with Brandon Raymond, and that makes me mad. I know he's very fast, but I still should've done better.

Scott if you can't find the schedule, I'll post some on here after the race. They hand out flyers, etc. If you're coming, plan on coming Saturday night to get a decent pit. I showed up at 11:00pm last race and had to sit it out in the trees.

Razorback
02-11-2003, 11:50 AM
David - Thanks. Please do post the races when you get a list of them. I won't be at the first race, because it's the same day as the last TQRA Winter Series race in Athens. I'll be heading down there.

You're right, B. Raymond is getting faster and faster (and he's frickin 14!).

MX26
02-11-2003, 01:18 PM
14? Geeze. Might have to loosen a few of his lug nuts ;)

When are we going to Mena?

MxDale71
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
MrP - Did you go to Swan on the 9th? If so, how'd you do and were there any major changes made to the track? It doesn't look like he ever really changes the track, but just wondering.

I'll race a few of the TLSS races if they aren't conflicting w/ the TQRA schedule and if I have the money at the time. Maybe they'll offer a 3rd quad class, like Novice, Intermediate, and Pro. That would be nice... the Amt. class last season was friggin HUGE. I guess if he does offer 3 classes, I'll race Intermediate this year. It's not quite as fast as the TQRA Int. class and the Novice class at Swan last time was MUCH easier than the TQRA nov.

Wouldn't wanna be a sandbagger like some people that regular the Swan races. :mad:

MrP
02-11-2003, 01:51 PM
MxDale71- No the race was cancelled. I talked to the owner the other night and he is adding another class (Amateur, Int., and Pro) and is also making some changes to the track. He said he was going to make it wider also. Also he is not going to double gate anymore supposedly. I guess we will see on the 23rd. Well I will holler at you later.

Razorback
02-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by MX26

When are we going to Mena?

I'm thinking either late April or very early June. May is pretty much screwed for me because of work and another comittment. What do you think?

MxDale71
02-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by MrP
MxDale71- No the race was cancelled. I talked to the owner the other night and he is adding another class (Amateur, Int., and Pro) and is also making some changes to the track. He said he was going to make it wider also. Also he is not going to double gate anymore supposedly. I guess we will see on the 23rd. Well I will holler at you later.

Cool, I guess I'll be racing Int. Maybe I should run amt. the first time just to see how I do? Wider track? I thought it was already pretty wide, but I guess making it even wider wouldn't hurt. I won't be there on the 23rd because of Athens, but I'll try to be there for the next one if there isn't a TQRA race. Maybe I should get a membership at Swan so I can just go over there and practice anytime.

Buzzsaw
02-11-2003, 04:26 PM
TT is were it's at for the old guys on here. Ma do some mx if I can get my brother in-laws 440 cheap, becuase it still needs shocks and arms.

MX26
02-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Razorback
I'm thinking either late April or very early June. May is pretty much screwed for me because of work and another comittment. What do you think?

Sounds great. I was gonna shoot for the week of March 8th, but I have a good friend coming in from AZ and that week I'll be working full time:ermm: I hope its as fun as it was the last time I was there. Do you know if the other part of 02 is still closed? I'll need to get some wheels/tires for that trip though.

Does anyone know of a good XC place that's not too far? I've been dying to do some of that.

Buzzsaw
02-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Cody and hunter have a small XC track at their house now