PDA

View Full Version : Have you forgotten?

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Just reminding everyone out there about what happened 9/11/2001. I met a soldier the other day walking in my hometown, and i took some time to say hi and thank him for what his service. He said " You know what man? I have only had a dozen people tell me that. It means a-lot, because too many forget what happened on 9/11. Its like the government and the people forgot that nearly 3,000 people died that day." I just was blown away by this soldiers words... Its so true though. Mosques at ground zero? Bowing down to Iran? Lets forget these things and give some shout outs to the Soldiers that guard the freedom and the American way of life. If you are a Soldier, Hats off to you for putting your life at risk so me and my family can sleep good at night without worry. I am in the enlistment process myself. THANK YOU!!

250ex_dan
11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
this is sooo true!
they laythere life down and then the same people forget abouth the people that fight for freedom.
god bless you man!
keep us updated

CJM
11-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I thank every Soldier I see.

Sad fact is it seems no one cares about 9/11, the Soldiers or our country much anymore. All they want is money and handouts.

Our country is a disgrace and imho thanks to people like reid, pelosi and the kenyan or whatever he is (I still want to see PROOF he is a US Citizen) we are going under. So stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse good bye while you still got the time.

Sorry, but Im quite sick of our current state of affairs-which seems to grow worse by the day if not the hour.

miller821
11-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't think that any of us have really forgotten, I just think that it has been long enough now that it is not something that we think about as much.

It's like losing a family member... Even though you don't think about them all the time, it doesn't mean that you have forgotten them completely. We have to move on with our lives, but I do agree that there should be a time for remembrance.

Anyways... What branch are you joining?

eastcoastpro20
11-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Everyone who says this war is pointless is a unamerican dumb son of a *****, and pack their **** up and get the hell out

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AW8puRqE4Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AW8puRqE4Sc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLmVo6pmLpU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLmVo6pmLpU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey guys thanks for the posts!!! Well, i have a contract on the table from the Army, but i am holding onto it to see about the coast guard. I just want to do my part for the citizens!!! I'd do it even if i didn't get paid.

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
How about all the vets!!! Our World 2 Vets are 75% gone, thank them too!!! I wish everyone would drop politics for one day and just enjoy our freedoms for a day and all have a big party or something. I know i'd never work, but people take it all for granted.

SRH
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
do you guys put in any thought into what is going on? im not saying we shouldnt appreciate what soldiers do for our country

but there really havent been any wars in the last 30 yrs that really have had anything to do with our freedoms or the ppl of the united states...

lets be real soldiers are employees of the us govt and there merely being used for the govt's own interests not to protect us in anyway at this time, when they apply or enlist for there position thats there choice and there risk there taking, whether they sign up or not there family is going to be as safe as ever, they just make you feel like a brave hero because if they said hey, weve got some stuff over here we need taken care of ill give u like 20k but u might die..no one would do it..to each his own but our country is nothing more than a big business soldiers are just the blind company man who devotes his life and gets burnt in the end

9/11 was an awful thing, i feel for the families and as an american it pisses me off but to them we are the enemy

if we were battling in our own country or had a war going with a country attempting to over take ours i would say hell yeah this war and these soldiers are kicking *** for me..but thats not the case

quadrider
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
thank you for telling it like it is SRH.

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SRH
do you guys put in any thought into what is going on? im not saying we shouldnt appreciate what soldiers do for our country

but there really havent been any wars in the last 30 yrs that really have had anything to do with our freedoms or the ppl of the united states...

lets be real soldiers are employees of the us govt and there merely being used for the govt's own interests not to protect us in anyway at this time, when they apply or enlist for there position thats there choice and there risk there taking, whether they sign up or not there family is going to be as safe as ever, they just make you feel like a brave hero because if they said hey, weve got some stuff over here we need taken care of ill give u like 20k but u might die..no one would do it..to each his own but our country is nothing more than a big business soldiers are just the blind company man who devotes his life and gets burnt in the end

9/11 was an awful thing, i feel for the families and as an american it pisses me off but to them we are the enemy

if we were battling in our own country or had a war going with a country attempting to over take ours i would say hell yeah this war and these soldiers are kicking *** for me..but thats not the case

If you want to do this please go somewhere else... I am not just referring to the soldiers of now, i am speaking of the past also. The enemy punched us and we retaliated, the real soldiers see the difference they are making and find that payment enough to do there duty. The military is ran by the gov't but even though they get sent off to do dumb things, they are still hero's no matter what. You have no clue what our military presence in other countries may have prevented from happening. I realize you had a no pun intended comment, but i take it personally since my best friend wore the strips straight to the grave. ( R.I.P. Operation Iraqi Freedom, U.S. Marine Corp., Erik Heldt , Husband and Father ). The National Guard saves lives, the Air Force does the recon to save soldiers lives on the frontline. The marines live and breath there duty to make other peoples lives top notch. The Army is the Army, they put it all up and go for it. The U.S. Coast Guard protects the coasts of america from unwanted aliens and drugs. "whether they sign up or not there family is going to be as safe as ever", so if no soldiers ever signed up would we all still be safe??? Hell no... Sleep good in your soft warm bed SRH, because for everytime you fall a-sleep there is a soldier who sleeps on a rock who hasn't eaten in a day and showered in a week, a soldier who walked a dozen miles in blistering heat to make your peaceful sleep possible.

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
I hear people sayin'. We Don't need this war.
I say there's some things worth fightin' for.
What about our freedom, and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backin' down.
They say we don't realize the mess we're gettin' in
Before you start preachin' let me ask you this my friend.

Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten, when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin hell
And you say we shouldn't worry bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

You took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbin for you and me
It'll just breed anger is what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country just out lookin' for a fight
Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say right.

Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin' through a livin' hell
And we vow to get the ones behind Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
you can bet they remember just what they're fightin' for

Have you forgotten
All the people killed
Yes some went down like heroes
In that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten
About our Pentagon
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden

440racer66
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
i saw the reason for going into afganistan. but iraq i dont support the war but i support the troops 100%. my uncle is a lt col and has served in bosnia. and iraq twice. but still think the war in iraq was started with lies and a personal agenda from george w.

slightlybent47
11-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Having 4 family members currently serving and at least 14 family members that have served in practically every war we have been in the last 60 years. I always say thanks to any service man or woman that has ever served this country. The reason they had to fight isn’t important and the job they preformed is never in question. Only the fact that they served there country and did what they had to do.

If you served you have my undying gratitude. http://i52.tinypic.com/1218qxs.gif

eastcoastpro20
11-23-2010, 01:58 AM
its not the war against iraq or afghanistan its the war against terrorism. Now lets do a little quiz, Who attacked the U.S (answer: terrorist) who made everyone fear flight for sometime (terrorist) who caused american to fear terrorist attacks (terrorist) who is still attacking in other countries and attempting on the u.s (terrorist). hmmmmmmm seems to me these have somethin to do with the people of the u.s but maybe im wrong.

SRH
11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
its not the war against iraq or afghanistan its the war against terrorism. Now lets do a little quiz, Who attacked the U.S (answer: terrorist) who made everyone fear flight for sometime (terrorist) who caused american to fear terrorist attacks (terrorist) who is still attacking in other countries and attempting on the u.s (terrorist). hmmmmmmm seems to me these have somethin to do with the people of the u.s but maybe im wrong.

yeah, building roads in afghanistan isnt going to stop 1 extremist from setting off a nuke in a city...

spend that money beefing up security here and on intelligence, were blowing a ton of money over there and i trust that the govt knows what there doing but damn opening that can of worms was a bad idea over there

and btw im not knocking the soldiers, it takes some bravery to go over there and do what they do for our counttry but our govt is getting less and less about us and more about using us , taxing us...screwing us...i just feel odd blindly serving the govt...if we all did they owuld have total control...

i think you guys get the usa we all love confused with the one we currently live in...i wouldnt live anywhere but i see the country going in a non american direction

trailrider894
11-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah, building roads in afghanistan isnt going to stop 1 extremist from setting off a nuke in a city...

spend that money beefing up security here and on intelligence, were blowing a ton of money over there and i trust that the govt knows what there doing but damn opening that can of worms was a bad idea over there

and btw im not knocking the soldiers, it takes some bravery to go over there and do what they do for our counttry but our govt is getting less and less about us and more about using us , taxing us...screwing us...i just feel odd blindly serving the govt...if we all did they owuld have total control...

i think you guys get the usa we all love confused with the one we currently live in...i wouldnt live anywhere but i see the country going in a non american direction

Can i ask who you voted for in the last presidential election? and if it bothers you so much, get up off your butt and lobby or something. We are doing the right thing by helping out fellow citizens of gods earth in iraq. If we were a war torn country who was under communist rule, i know i would be damn appreciative of a country willing to come and help me out.

SRH
11-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Can i ask who you voted for in the last presidential election? and if it bothers you so much, get up off your butt and lobby or something. We are doing the right thing by helping out fellow citizens of gods earth in iraq. If we were a war torn country who was under communist rule, i know i would be damn appreciative of a country willing to come and help me out.

who says they want our help and who says were right????

and that **** doesnt work thats why they tell you to do it... lol

CJM
11-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Our govt says they wan tour help, most of the soldiers I know say its pointless.