PDA

View Full Version : Geting a Polaris Predator 500 for $700

kono993
11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
whats your take on them? i have only ever had honda's and yamaha's so idk what its going to be like.
oh and if your wondering the quad is runing and has a title!

Brauap
11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
1 word: sh*t.

BlasterEaten250
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Might be able to clean it up a little bit and sell it for a profit.

madsmokey12
11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
not a bad deal i almost wanna buy a 3rd quad to fix up. but i need to stop spending money i just bought my Second quad and i haven't got it yet LMAO. damn shipping ...

CJM
11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Buy it, fix it up for cheap if need be, resell it to a poor fool.

madsmokey12
11-22-2010, 04:23 PM
yea just don't put to much money in it and clean it up Armor All is your best friend

ridehonda400ex
11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
lets see a picture of it! sounds like a good deal too

m0t0xk1d
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
honestly, i do not see why no one like predators. Have any of you ever ridden one or owned one? i mean come on, I have an 07 that i have ridden for over 200 hours and have adjusted the valves once but have checked numerous times and there still in spec. it has never died on me. always has started never ANY issues. i mean its never seen the dealer since it left. All you have to do is regular maintenance like change oil. Mine has never had a problem and i mean never.

Thumpin440ex
11-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't care if it was a POS. If you do not like it you can always sells it for more or atleast get yur money back.. If it is running, title is clean, go for it. I would not even post that ?? up.. DO IT

John

Ruby Soho
11-22-2010, 08:40 PM
for 700 bucks its mint.

i can have tons of fun on anything for 700 bucks

madsmokey12
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
if its Drive able u would be stupid not to buy it for $700

kono993
11-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
for 700 bucks its mint.

i can have tons of fun on anything for 700 bucks oh just wait till i post a riding video.

Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
I wouldn't care if it was a POS. If you do not like it you can always sells it for more or atleast get yur money back.. If it is running, title is clean, go for it. I would not even post that ?? up.. DO IT

John
going tomorrow at 4

Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
honestly, i do not see why no one like predators. Have any of you ever ridden one or owned one? i mean come on, I have an 07 that i have ridden for over 200 hours and have adjusted the valves once but have checked numerous times and there still in spec. it has never died on me. always has started never ANY issues. i mean its never seen the dealer since it left. All you have to do is regular maintenance like change oil. Mine has never had a problem and i mean never. that good to no. now i can beat the piss out of it hahaha jk i prob wont have it long.

Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
lets see a picture of it! sounds like a good deal too ill post some in a bit

Originally posted by madsmokey12
yea just don't put to much money in it and clean it up Armor All is your best friend ohhhhh yeah i no hahaha

Originally posted by CJM
Buy it, fix it up for cheap if need be, resell it to a poor fool. yup thats what im thinking

not a bad deal i almost wanna buy a 3rd quad to fix up. but i need to stop spending money i just bought my Second quad and i haven't got it yet LMAO. damn shipping ... lol this will be my first time owning 2 quads at the same time so im pumped

Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Might be able to clean it up a little bit and sell it for a profit. yeah thats my plan i already have a mx built trx450r

Originally posted by Brauap
1 word: sh*t. hahahaha

kono993
11-22-2010, 09:35 PM
theres 1

kono993
11-22-2010, 09:37 PM

madsmokey12
11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
wow thats a nice bike looks like it has a oil leak tho. it's Def worth the money even parting out u can doo well on

quad59
11-23-2010, 05:25 AM
My friend had one that he modded the snot out of for mx, with a big bore kit +1 valves port and polish and other Rath tuning goodies the thing was fast just heavy as heck and felt odd in the air. It would chew through the rough stuff real good.

250ex_dan
11-23-2010, 08:12 AM
speachless!:eek2:

kono993
11-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by quad59
My friend had one that he modded the snot out of for mx, with a big bore kit +1 valves port and polish and other Rath tuning goodies the thing was fast just heavy as heck and felt odd in the air. It would chew through the rough stuff real good. yeah i have never been a fan of anything polaris but i cant pass this up i even talked him down to 650!

wow thats a nice bike looks like it has a oil leak tho. it's Def worth the money even parting out u can doo well on yeah idk what thats from tho.

wilkin250r
11-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't hesitate for one second to own a Predator.

No, they're not super fast, super light, race-ready machines. But for general trail riding with your buddies, it's a great quad.

If you wanted to make a career out of racing, the Predator probably won't do it for you. But for a second quad that your out-of-town buddies can ride, the it's very capable.

madsmokey12
11-23-2010, 09:01 AM
you need to run to his house and pick it up thats a hell of a deal! i spent that on shipping and random fees on my new bike. and my brother loves the predator if he knew about it he would buy it in a Heartbeat . he was bugging me to buy one but im more of a yamaha guy. the only other bike i would buy besides yamaha is a Kawasaki i had a new kx65 a while back and it was very good too me and super fast.

kono993
11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
you need to run to his house and pick it up thats a hell of a deal! i spent that on shipping and random fees on my new bike. and my brother loves the predator if he knew about it he would buy it in a Heartbeat . he was bugging me to buy one but im more of a yamaha guy. the only other bike i would buy besides yamaha is a Kawasaki i had a new kx65 a while back and it was very good too me and super fast. yeah man my friend was going to buy it then he didn't want to so i did lol

Originally posted by wilkin250r
I wouldn't hesitate for one second to own a Predator.

No, they're not super fast, super light, race-ready machines. But for general trail riding with your buddies, it's a great quad.

If you wanted to make a career out of racing, the Predator probably won't do it for you. But for a second quad that your out-of-town buddies can ride, the it's very capable.
just got it its not all that bad but it does need some tlc.

dirtrider77
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
one of my favorite quads ive owned....great suspension out of the box, nice smooth power, reverse! plenty of room for 6"3' frame....i liked mine alot!