PDA

View Full Version : X-6 Spark Arrestor questions...

TORO1968
02-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey guys,

I was wondering, what type of spark arrestor does the X-6 exhaust system use? Is it a screen type like stock, or is it some sort of disc setup?

Also, does anyone know if a quiet core is available for the 400ex X-6 exhaust?

Thanks,

Jordan

TORO1968
02-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Anyone??? :confused:

yellow400rider
02-10-2003, 09:40 PM
its a sceen type like stock and currently there is no quiet core available but last time i talked to them they had it in the works. who knows about that though. ill b going to to bakersfield here real soon and getting mine, i cant wait. ill also b running the spark arrestor and i hear that it quiets it down considerably. hope this helped.

mopar 400
02-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
Hey guys,

I was wondering, what type of spark arrestor does the X-6 exhaust system use? Is it a screen type like stock, or is it some sort of disc setup?

Also, does anyone know if a quiet core is available for the 400ex X-6 exhaust?

Thanks,

Jordan It's a disk set up and right now there is no quiet core. my pipe i'm runing 15 disk and it screams.......

yellow400rider
02-11-2003, 03:31 AM
disc setup :confused: r u sure i could have sworn the spark arrestor was a screen style. can somebody please verify this

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-11-2003, 08:23 AM
It is the disc style spark arrestor.

TORO1968
02-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Is it similar to the one on this raptor?

http://www.sparksracing.com/Sparks_Center/Raptor/Dave_Harris_YX6SA.JPG

Does anyone know if you can run a disc style spark arrestor at Silver Lake Sand Dunes?

-Jordan

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Yep looks just like that

GT300
02-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Here's a pic that I found.

GT300
02-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Here's another

02-11-2003, 04:09 PM
what is this one? No spark arrestor?

mopar 400
02-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
what is this one? No spark arrestor? yep.......

lilpoppy
02-11-2003, 06:11 PM
I just ordered one of those spark arrestors for my x-6 but I'm woundering how you install it? How do you get that turn down tip off? Do you have to drill out the rivets and if so do you use new rivets to install the spark arrestor or does it just screw into the back of the pipe?

mopar 400
02-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
I just ordered one of those spark arrestors for my x-6 but I'm woundering how you install it? How do you get that turn down tip off? Do you have to drill out the rivets and if so do you use new rivets to install the spark arrestor or does it just screw into the back of the pipe? the turn down in the pic has no spark arrestor........

lilpoppy
02-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by mopar 400
the turn down in the pic has no spark arrestor........

Yes I know the one with the turn down doesn't have a spark arrestor that is the type I have my question is that I just ordered one of those disk type S/A and I'm woundering how you get the turn down tip off and install the disk type S/A?

lilpoppy
02-11-2003, 06:27 PM
By the way did you get the Sparks pipe checked at hollister with the S/A and if so did it pass?

mopar 400
02-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Well I got bad news for you and more bad news for you. First you are going to have to drill out hte canister to get the turndown off. Then you are going to have to rerivet the new end cap, which is similar to a supertrapp endcap, on to the canister. Another thing to tell you is you WILL NOT pass Californias new regulations unless you take a bunch of the discs off. I hit 100.7 db at Hollister with 15 discs, and hope it will pass with a few mods. Good Luck! Oh and if you run into problems with the rivets I spoke to Curtis and he will put a spark arrestor on the pipe for a minimal fee.

lilpoppy
02-11-2003, 06:46 PM
One of my friends just got a new riviting tool so that isn't a problem but the noise levels is. Will taking off a lot of disks possible cause engine problems or is it just gonna kill my power?

Drtridr18
02-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Does the X-6 still give top power gains of any pipe with the spark arrestor on? Does it still sound good? and one more question...If you buy the regular X-6, can you put the spark arrestor setup on it at any given time, like for trails or noise regulated places??

Thanks!

CC Rider
02-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Yea, what the **** is the deal here ,seems we cant get some straight answers on this whole X-6 spark arrestor thing!!!

What does the stock one look like and how does it work? What other options are there with other styles (brands) of arrestors?
How are the disc and,or screen arrestors installed?
what type of silencer tips can be used with a arrestor installed?

And lastlly I think I speek for most ,when I say I would like to have the spark arrestor set up so it can be taken on and off so a turn down tip can be put on when arrestor is not needed and you want all the power and noise ,like for the dunes!!!

Colby@C&DRacing
02-13-2003, 06:41 PM
the spark arrestor is like a supertrapp 4" disc style. It still makes good power with spark arrestor on with 12-15 discs. It can be installed or remove at any point in time to do this all you need to do is remove the 6 allen head bolts that hold it in place, then it will be a wide open exhaust. For those of you that have the x6 with the turn down end cap to add a spark arrestor you need to buy the kit that is $100 which includes a new core, packing, endcap, spark arrestor discs, and disc cap. So for those of you that have the no sparkarrestor pipe and want to switch back and forth between the turn down end cap and the spark arrestor it would be time consuming

CC Rider
02-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks for info, greatly appreciated. but I have one more ?

I found this pic awhile ago and i like the way it looks , can you explain what kind of set up it is,and can it be done to the X-6?

Colby@C&DRacing
02-14-2003, 07:47 AM
That looks like a tc pipe to me ( modified super trapp) and Yes you can do that to the sparks pipe just have ato bolt that on where the spark arrestor goes.

JhallettEX
02-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Colby, I also think that is a Shorty! How would he do that?

CC Rider
02-14-2003, 10:22 PM
I have tried to reach Tom at TC and no answer:confused:

Anyone have any suggestions on getting hold of him, I really would like to buy one of those tip`s / spark arrestor for my X-6.

lilpoppy
02-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by CC Rider
I have tried to reach Tom at TC and no answer:confused:

Anyone have any suggestions on getting hold of him, I really would like to buy one of those tip`s / spark arrestor for my X-6.

Can you guys please explain to him that that is just a tip not a spark arrestor. He just isnt getting it.

CC Rider
02-15-2003, 09:43 PM
It is either or, dummy , you can use that tip with or with out a 4" disc style spark arrestor!!:p Allen bolts go through the tip, then through the disc`s and a back plate that would go in between the tip and disc`s if needed to be legal in a spark arrestor reqiured area.

CC Rider
02-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Please!!! Does anyone know how to get a hold of Tom at TC????

I gota get that tip!!!:D

lilpoppy
02-16-2003, 01:11 PM
ok smart guy why do you have to replace the core then?

CC Rider
02-16-2003, 06:01 PM
So that the "Tip" and or the "Discs" have something to bolt to!!

The exsisting "core" or whatever you want to call it, is the piece you have install inside behind everything ,weither it is a "core" or not it is the piece used to screw the "allens" in because that part does not exsist now!!

Chef
02-16-2003, 06:34 PM
The tip would do you no good with discs. The discs make the exhaust go out to the sides in a circle, and the plate would stop it before it went through the tip.....you would just have one stupid looking exhaust.....:huh

CC Rider
02-16-2003, 06:54 PM
You are right ,but you have the option to run the exhaust with the "plate" in restricted areas and without the "plate" where it is not needed like the dunes.And still have the look of the tip!

mopar 400
02-16-2003, 07:39 PM
If you remove the the screws frequent there is a chance that you will strip the treads in the backof the pipe trust me past experience ......:rolleyes:

CC Rider
02-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Yea , you might be right ,my friends and I have had that problem before with the stock pipe spark arrestor, but is it possible to just use less screws, or maybe some antiseeze product on the threds?