PDA

View Full Version : another trade question

ridehonda400ex
11-19-2010, 09:19 PM
okay so i got the chance to trade my 2001 400ex thats pretty much all stock for a 2002 660 raptor, its got a g-force extended axle and maxis tires and ITP rims and a new rear bearing carrier and an aftermarket exhaust. does this sound like a good trade? and are the 2 carbs on the 660 hard to tune?

CJM
11-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I wouldnt take one of those, here are some reasons why: http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60922

Also I find they are very top heavy.

Theres a reason why a stock EX will get at least 2-3k usually but a modified raptor will get exactly the same..coincidence-I think not.

PaRedneckRiders
11-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by ridehonda400ex
okay so i got the chance to trade my 2001 400ex thats pretty much all stock for a 2002 660 raptor, its got a g-force extended axle and maxis tires and ITP rims and a new rear bearing carrier and an aftermarket exhaust. does this sound like a good trade? and are the 2 carbs on the 660 hard to tune?
The biggest mistake i ever made was trading my first 02 EX for an 02 Raptor, i personally wouldnt do it.
Just keep the EX and add some mods i think u will be way happier.
The 660 is definitely top heavy, might always felt tipsy even after the g-force axle.

I had way to much money in upkeep on the 660 so i traded it for a kx125 just to get rid of the thing.
Im not sure if its all raptors but i absolutely HATED mine and it always broke down

In the end its all personal opinion if thats what you want then get it, if not then dont.

chronicsmoke
11-20-2010, 02:52 PM
I've got an 03 raptor with a LSR +4 axle, wheel spacers, yfz450 front shocks and a +3 lowering link and it doesn't sit to high. It corners like a dream and blows the doors off my 426ex.. But I only use those bikes for trailing. I had my Raptor on the track and you can really tell how heavy it was.. especially compared to my 450r. So it depends on what you're using it for.. if your trailing I'd take the Raptor.. Assuming your ex is stock.. JMO