PDA

View Full Version : ccclutch

Dkilby95
11-19-2010, 08:18 AM
how do i get to my clutch. i undid all the screws and the cover wont come off whats the deal?:ermm:

axellmusic19
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Has the gasket ever been replaced? If not then what are you pulling on to get it off? Be careful not to damage any edges. Also, Is the peg off and kicker arm off? Did the inside explode or break causing it to be jammed? Maybe try a heat gun if nothing works well. Mine was not easy the first time I pulled it off either but it was the gasket's fault primarily for rotting away leaving metal to metal bondage. Assuming all bolts are gone and it still wont come off maybe pull the clutch fill plug and see if anything is obstructing it. If I'm not mistaken The power valve might have something to do with it but I think that is a different process. Good luck!

Dkilby95
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
the kicker wasnt off. oops my mistake first time doin this but ive discovered that something might have broke(but not because i took off the cover). it seems that in the middle of my clutch plates there is a little cylinder peg('bout 1 1/2" long with grooves on it for the handle to pull and it seems to be lose) i dont know if it is supposed to be like that or not.

axellmusic19
12-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't worry! I had that same concern when I took mine apart and that just aligns with the clutch cable shaft that reaches down through the cover. The piece you're talking about, should have the splines face the front of the atv. It is in charge of engaging and disengaging the clutch. It is naturally loose which comes to be a bit if a pain when you try to align it when putting on the cover again. It somehow works out well though seeing as I did the procedure 3 times in a row without indecent. Good luck!

Dkilby95
12-13-2010, 02:57 PM
thnx i was really concerned that it was snapped from torque or some thing and i was not looking forward to dealing with all those clutch plates. but anyway thank you now i can put my LT back together and finally ride it after 3 months(nobody should suffer that much!). now me and my friend can ride it during winter like we planned.(gonna go get me some really EPIC drifts and do a hill climb at his house up his 60degree hill!):cool: