PDA

View Full Version : Building a "buddy" quad help with choices

Honda5
11-19-2010, 05:59 AM
I just got the JP frame back from getting a few small repairs and don't have any real riding plans for it so I think it is going to be the buddy bike (so I can keep them off my good stuff). I am looking for some input for colors maybe something loud this time because I allways go black and white. Here is what I have for it.
Jp frame
JP +2 arms
JP swinger
JP stem
RPM axle
new Laker white plastics
450R brakes, spindles
stock '86 motor
and a butt load of other stock parts.

and I want to keep it as light as I can, lean and clean.

I was thinking about one of these colors
fluorescent green
fluorescent red
candy blue
candylime green
sparkle copper
blue vein
and maybe some silver or blue flake in it.

someone pick a good color and it will be done. then I'll do a weekly post on the progress.

rooster300ex
11-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Damn what kind of job do u have? I wish I could just make a quad for my friends.

rayman375
11-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Bright pink with black plastic!

4x4 AG
11-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I say neon green. But I like the kawi green color. I say that with white plastics.

Pumashine
11-19-2010, 08:16 AM
I have always wanted to do the Sparkle copper, bronze, or magnesium color.

troybilt
11-19-2010, 09:25 AM
I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the hooker "lipstick" colors... haha...

I prefer the metallic colors, gold, silver, black, flat black, gun metal, copper, white...

Copper and flat black is a sweet option for a West coast duner/drag bike option... reminds me of the bike Jesse James built for Kid Rock.

250ex_dan
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
anything with silver like the neon green'blue'red....ect..
good luck
keep us updated

Honda5
11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok that's 5 people and 10 different colors. That must be why there are so many unique Rs out there.
Troy that's not hooker color I like to call it 80s hair band makeup color
I see that pumashine has the green I was leaning twards.

Im not sure what the magnesium color looks like I'll check it out. But I want something that stands out.

Lasher
11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
When I brought my Walsh 250R, it was a lime green. Personally...I hated it!

I prefer dark blue metallic...but that is me. But pretty much any darker glitter color.

See if I can still have a pic of that ugly thing when I brought...oh to top off the lime green, the plastics were orange.

Lasher
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Here is another pic

1promodfan
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Pumashine

X2^^^^^^^^on that!!:D

4x4 AG
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
Here is another pic

Love the Kawi Green. But I hate Orange. Sorry.

Higgy87TRX425
11-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Not to talk bad about that bike , but DAMMMM, that color combo is funny looking. Great bike , bad color combo! What color is it now?? As for the guy wanting some ideas on the color combo for his bike. I like a metallic base colors like blue, or black then chrome and polished aluminum all the way. You gotta have some BLING. Save the neon for the Hookers! lol. Don't get me wrong I've always been a KAWI fan and love the Kawasaki Green, but its a little different then neon green and Hot pink or any of those various colors. You choice though you've gotta be leaning towards something?

Honda5
11-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I just want something to stand out. Maybe a blue with about 3 coats of silver flake on it and swing arm , upper a arms and stem silver with a bunch of silverflake ?????
Just remember the plastics are white.

racermike311
11-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Dave I think you should sell me those white laker fenders! Did you happen to get another set. lol? I cant find any lakers.

Honda5
11-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Yes I got another set of white lakers you know how I am about the white. You are my buddy so when the Dale goes down I'll let you ride the buddy bike. You do remember how a 2stroke works don't you?

mx Eli
11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
kawi green on the frame, subframe and bead-locks and black everything else

MANIAK 88R
11-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Pumashine

Don't try the sparkle copper, It no looky so good. It is definately different but nothing seems to go good with it except chrome and polished aluminum. I love my bike but I hate having to polish it after every trip to the dunes.