PDA

View Full Version : blaster big bore kit

sandybottom
11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
ive recently installed the vitos big bore kit for my blaster. everything went fine but i cant get it to run right. the problem is in the main jet. it came with about 6 different jets and you are supposed to start with the largest. ive tried almost all of them and it is still to rich. im afraid to go back down to the jet that was on it because i blew it up before. any advice will be appriciated. also, does anyone know where i can get a half chain link for a 300EX?

RATPACK Z400
11-19-2010, 05:03 AM
need more air ,have you got aftermaket airfilter? when trying jets go one size at a time or call vitos and ask them where to start at.

sandybottom
11-19-2010, 02:06 PM
thanks. im just afraid to blow it up again. do you know anything about a half link?

quadrider2112
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
On the main jet you should start lean and go till it bogs when wide open. Is that what its doin boggin when WOT?

headache
11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
what other mods do you have on the quad? what pipe, reeds, carb, etc.

trailrider894
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by quadrider2112
On the main jet you should start lean and go till it bogs when wide open. Is that what its doin boggin when WOT?

I would rather go rich than lean... to many risks with that.

wilkin250r
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sandybottom
does anyone know where i can get a half chain link for a 300EX?

I've done half links before, I think I was able to get it at the local hardware store.

But what's the reason you want a half link? The ONLY time I would ever use one is in an emergency, or maybe a temporary to test with to find out which configuration I wanted to go with. You should have plenty of adjustment in your carrier to get a longer (proper) chain and take up the slack.

Broken chains are generally a very expensive problem, because they often crack the engine cases when they go. O-ring chains and X-ring chains can be expensive, yeah, and I realize that money doesn't grow on trees, but you'd be better of with even a cheap non-O-ring chain than a half-link. You can pick up a brand new non-O-ring chain for as little as $25.

Broken cases are a minimum of several hundred dollars, and that's if you do the work yourself. If you're not comfortable tearing apart a tranny, then you're looking at a minimum of $600 to have somebody fix it for you. And you're willing to risk all that to save $20? Not worth it, my friend.

sandybottom
11-28-2010, 08:32 AM
i figured it out. i had the lid on the air breather. not supposed to. runs like a champ now