PDA

View Full Version : leaking water pump need help

solid250r
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
My ride is 88 trx250r with ported hiv rev cylinder, fmf fatty pipe, pump gas, 170 compression, 38 keihin, 13/38, stock reeds & ignition. Need help on water pump leaking out and oil leaking into water. Water pump built 2 times, all new, first 15 min runs with no leaks, 20 minutes into run and water leaks through bottom hole and clutch oil goes mixes with water. Local shop built 2 times, cost over $150 each time with new parts, now water & oil leak again. Going broke, whats the problem, need to ride for thanksgiving! Posted on both forums.

Grande Huevos
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
sounds like u need to find a new mechanic!!!! if it really has had new parts put in then the issue should b solved! it sounds like ur mechanical seal is bad

machwon
11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
With both a water and oil issue, I would replace the oil seal and the mechanical seal. I think you should go back to the local shop and make them fix it for free, then find a new mechanic.

solid250r
11-18-2010, 06:30 PM
shop was a honda shop, first time took quad in they rebuild with all new parts, mech & oil seal with new prts. went riding and started leaking 20 min later. took back to shop, they build again all new parts, we ran at shop for 3-4 min, no leaks, went riding 20 min started to leak again. honda shop check again, they say needs rebuild with new parts. what the f--k!

Took to local atv shop for third rebuild, not back to honda shop, new shop say needs new parts for water pump, another $150 or more. I have all replaced parts, they look new, just leak.

What the f--k!

machwon
11-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Something could be wrong with the cover, the water pump shaft could be worn, bad bearing, etc. tearing out the seals. Also check the counter balancer as it drives the water pump. You could also try a used one that is known to work and see what happens. Hope this helps.

solid250r
11-19-2010, 05:52 PM
On the other forum a guy say it is not my water pump and say it is in the engine area like the cb or bearings. ordered new clutch cover from ebay, not going to try it until we can find the engine problem. tomorrow me and my friend will dig in to what he say and look to see what the f—k it is.

way2fast4u_250R
11-20-2010, 09:41 AM
funny-扔婴儿与洗澡水出来
throw the baby out with the bath water-go to other forom-paul

solid250r
11-20-2010, 06:51 PM
We found the bearing in holder on the stator to be wrong. The cb little end slops in the bearing hole. sure this is the wrong freeking bearing they instal. all my old mech & oil seals are stretched like a $10 whore. dont trust local shops no more, ordered new bearing send next day from ebay. all else checks good, we found one crack in clutch cover by top hole in kick start area, no cracks in water pump area. Boiling water & die work freeking great!
My cb was floping around like a fish out of water, f---up all my seals & pump bearing twice, $300 f—en later, going back to atv shop to give a piece of my mind, they build with wrong freeking bearing. thanks to all here. other forom dudes help me find problem.