PDA

View Full Version : ebay feedback / situation opinion

SRH
11-18-2010, 01:52 PM
lately ive been buying alot of parts on ebay to get the feel of things because i want to get into selling on there...

i only deal with buy it now, ive had great expiriences so far except for this one..

i needed an item and it was purchased from parts-depot in nj...so usually same day or next day i have a shipping notification..nothing on this one..payment was recieved instantly

main reason i ordered it from them was i felt i should have it within 5 days as there abotu 3 hrs away...

i emailed them asked when i could expect to see some shipping info or the item...no response, a day later i email them , wait about 4 hrs, nothing, i say screw it and call...he says youll see it tomorrow which will be tomorrow...so i ask for tracking number he says call back in 10 min... this is strange since if it shipped and he looked it up the tracking number should be right there, i call back he gives me the tracking number and assures ill see it tomorrow

i run the tracking number (its a ups one) invalid, does not exist.....

about 20 minutes later i get a email saying a package has been sent to you from so and so via stamps

no other info other than that , its a individuals name says tracking is only updated every evening

i go through there feedback and see alot of similar stuff , items not recieved, was not in stock at time of auction etc.

im in business myself and to be honest im pissed off to be lied to , and givin false tracking

if i recieve it tomorrow ill be thrilled to have it when i needed it, but its been alot of hassle dealing with liars

if i dont recieve it i dont believe he has it in stock and im getting a run around to buy him time...ontop of that it was relisted immeadiately ...pretty shady

worst case scenario can i be refunded on my credit card via pay pal? and how would i be assured i was refunded?

obviously worst case scenario negative feedback and hope i get my money back

best case scenario how do you handle a situation where youve been lied to , worst communication possible? i would not want to do business with him again

Scro
11-18-2010, 02:42 PM
If you get it within a reasonable amount of time, I would leave neutral feedback, and give the specifics of what happened. Even though he lied to you, you still got the product.

If it's 2 weeks later and still no parts, I would leave negative feedback and file a complaint through paypal. Either way, they wouldn't be getting my business again.

mjc597
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
i had to dispute an item before to get my money back. it was rather smooth, and paypal should give you confirmation numbers to check that you were refunded. pay pal will refund you themselves, then go after the seller for the money...

CJM
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I wouldleave neutral feedback and say why as long as the item comes in a week.

Rule of thumb-always check the feedback before buying. I wont buy from those who dont ship within 3 days or jerk your chain.

Paypal almost always sides with the buyer it seems, Ive had a few of them with issues and all were in my favor as a buyer

Thumpin440ex
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I wouldleave neutral feedback and say why as long as the item comes in a week.

Rule of thumb-always check the feedback before buying. I wont buy from those who dont ship within 3 days or jerk your chain.

Paypal almost always sides with the buyer it seems, Ive had a few of them with issues and all were in my favor as a buyer

I am with this guy.. I always check feedback first.. 2 reasons that it would say invalid number.. One is that he hasn't shipped it yet, 2 is you checked the tracking number too soon and was not in the system yet.. It happens to me when i ship items out next day air. It doesn't even register in the system till after it has been delivered to the buyer.. I would wait before leaving neg feedback, so they can't further more dick you around if they are in fact doing so.. Did you check there shipping process before buying?? Some places take a few days before things are processed and out the door. Hope you get your items though, I know exactly how you feel.

John

SRH
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
yeah i should of it was 99.2% positive , i figured that was decent witht he amount of transactions they do and its impossible to please everyone, however i should of read the negative and neutral...they were all complaining of the same situation.. i didnt sweat it they seemed pretty professional...i dont see how they stay in business handling things like this

i checked the tracking number again says a 6 pound item was recieved but nothing on where it was going or anything, but i also have this shipping confirmation number from stamps who i was guessing only deals with usps

SRH
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
there shipping showed 1-2 days once processed, no biggie, but if they accept my payment... i feel the item should be in there possession and ship within 1-2 days of accepting the payment

the other ppl i have dealt with so far ship within minutes but usually no more than a day...and then after speaking on the phone with these ppl i lost even more confidence