PDA

View Full Version : nerf bars any one??????

hiway6969
11-17-2010, 09:30 PM
was just looking at 250r's , lets say u have an 87 r, and want pro peg nerfs? does any one make them? does any one know if the peg bolt pattern on the 86/87 r the same on any other quad.

EXAMPLE: i run rath pro pegs for a z400 on my 400ex

so lets say this 87 already has ims pegs on it, are thier any regular nerfs that mesh well with these pegs and are durable enough to be used in xc racing where they might be used as a pivot point for rotating around trees? i have already email houser about thier bad *** bouncy ball ones but they have no plans to make em for any of the r's ...... bummer i know

Honda 250r 001
11-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought if you had roll pegs, that 450r roll nerf bars would bolt up.

hiway6969
11-18-2010, 12:13 PM
if thats the case problem solved, which nerfs are you talking about any way????

troybilt
11-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Yea, you can run 450r IMS nerfs with IMS pegs, danhung11 has them on his green bike, but that doesn't get you the heel guards, don't know if that is necessary for you or not...

I too emailed Houser about nerfs for the 250r, even said I'd modify a set that they already made for another bike, just wanted to know which one would be the best to start with... and I've got bupkis for a response out of them, so I'm probably going to go with AC nerfs... As far as I'm concerned, Houser and Rath can eat my *** with a spoon, poor customer service... I've spent over 2k with Houser in last year bought all new front end for both 250r and 450r, new swingarm and stem for the 250r, plus some of ther odds and ends... and since my last name is not Goodman, they don't give a rat's spit. ...at least that's my attitude anyway until I hear back from them... :)

Another note, I think the LSR nerfs would be the easiest to modify, they run pretty much the same hoop but have interchangeable peg mounts, one would just have to design up a peg mount for the 86-87 frame or the 88-89 frame and then you'd have a nice set of DC-6 nerfs on a 250r... IMO...

EDIT: Rath is out of the doghouse they emailed me back, took a couple weeks but they got back to me...

hiway6969
11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
i agree about houser, thier emasil included the phrase "not to burst your bubble" which made me feel like they were makin fun of my interest in an older model.....heck if not for the r there wouldnt be companys like houser

Honda 250r 001
11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Would you care to post up their reply to you wanting them to make 250r nerf bars again? I was just wondeirng if they were putting you down like the 250r age was over and they had better things to do. Or if they answered nicely saying that they just dont know if there was enough demand.

hiway6969
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM
sorry i had already cleared my inbox but that phrase stuck out, they made it clear they were not and have no plans to make them.

hartwill
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
So the 450r ims pro peg nerfs and pegs are a direct bolt on for 86 250r? Or just minimal mods required?

SilverLake250R
11-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
So the 450r ims pro peg nerfs and pegs are a direct bolt on for 86 250r? Or just minimal mods required?

Not the pegs, just the nerfs if you already have IMS pegs for '86-'87. I think you still have to do mods where the nerfs mount to the frame up front.

89trx250r
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
i emailed pro-armor about a month back about not having anything for the 250r. I got an email back that said that they would forward the idea to the r&d and that sort of customer input is what that like or something so maybe if some others show interest we could get a decent set of nerfs...

hontrx265r
11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I had a custom set of monster pegs made for my laeger propeg frame and they (rath) were easy to deal with and they didn't cost an arm and a leg, but they are still disappointing.... I've always wanted to make my own set because it is a battle for the R no doubt. So what would the "ideal" nerf be....propeg, bolt on, full width, normal, heel guard, or no..net or pan, weave through nets, or bolts.. etc...

troybilt
11-18-2010, 09:00 PM
For me personally, I like the 3 pc designs.. i.e. pro pegs, heel guards (netted), and nerfs all separate like IMS, Rath etc...

I can see how the MX guys prefer the pro pegs, and the all one piece style, ala AC racing...

XC guys like the narrower nerfs, with the separate heel guards/pegs...

If I was to pick my ideal nerf setup it would be something like the Rath monster pegs, heel guard and nerf combo. netted heel guards..

hiway6969
11-19-2010, 06:43 AM
most def has to be pro peg, and not 50" wide but i dont like any thing behind my peg, when i hang off the rear my heel dips off the back offr the peg

89trx250r
11-19-2010, 03:11 PM
haha dude you must have never run over your leg :(

troybilt
11-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
haha dude you must have never run over your leg :( One thing I will mention, with my stock non-cut rear fenders it would be hard to run over you're leg, the plastic would have to bend etc... now I know alot of riders cut their rear fenders, for a couple of reasons, one like I pointed out in another thread it is really floppy unless its OEM, 2... well I can think of another good reason other than looks??

troybilt
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I need to retract what I said about Rath Racing..., Houser is still in the doghouse though. Jennifer Rath emailed me and said Daryl could help me out.. yeah!! :D