PDA

View Full Version : Sputter at half throttle.

Joemartin17
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I have a DRR 90 that has a bit of a sputter problem around half throttle. Played around with pilot jet but that made no difference. Machine starts and idles great and once you get past half throttle ,top end is great. Moved the clip on the needle from 2nd position from the top to the 2nd position from the bottom. Definately made a positive change. Doesnt sputter every time now. But still does once in awhile. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

fomospede
11-18-2010, 01:00 AM
check the vitals
compression
vacuum leaks
crank seals
have you changed fuels latley?
has the temp. dropped outside where your at?
'

Joemartin17
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
The quad is new to me and has done this since i have had it(only got the quad about a month ago). I will check all that you mentioned to see if i can find the problem. Its definately better since i moved the clip position on the needle. Have to dig a bit further though. Thing screams top end. Just at that half throttle spits and sputters. Doesnt matter if i crack the throttle fast or slow. sputters both ways. Thank you for the info.

fomospede
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
what cc?
may want to make sure al the cvt parts are moving freely and in good condition
what is the stall rpm??

Logan #34's Dad
11-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Sounds like the needle position to me. get the back wheels off the ground so you eliminate any clutch bog. Get her good and warm, now ease on the throttle and hold it around half throttle. If she breaks up your needle clip position is wrong. My experience is that if the engine acts like its shutting off then back on, the needle is too rich (raise the clip toward the fat end). If you get all the way to the top clip position and it is not perfect, you may need a leaner needle. Then start over. Hope that helps!