8 plate clutch basket kit
longer kick starter
center case set
new billet parts
out of frame drag pipe

TLR-Online
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Very Nice!

I wonder how much the quick change covers will be.

oldschoolr
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
thats sweet :macho

honda400ex2003
11-17-2010, 08:18 PM
sounds pretty cool! I cant wait to see some of that stuff. steve

1promodfan
11-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Yeah, I talked with Eddie last week and he said he was excited about getting these new parts out. I think the clutch cover is first on the list to come out. I can't wait to see these parts!!

Fear250r
11-18-2010, 06:16 AM
That's awesome news!!

Ruf Racing
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
We should buy Eddie something nice. In appreciation for his efforts, to keep the R's legacy alive. :D

D Bergstrom
11-18-2010, 08:03 AM
That is way cool. I am sure I will be picking up a clutch cover.

Now if I could just see "Transmission Parts" on the list of new parts, that would be great.

Doug

Lasher
11-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Center cases! Yes...

And hopefully the "billet parts" include tranny :)

C-LEIGH RACING
11-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Oh yes, Eddies gittin it done.

All this is just the tip of the ice burg.
That clutch cover will be all cast, the revovable cover will be o ring sealed & only two bolt mounted, AND AND, cheaper than OEM.

Only thing about it, those clutch covers will be produced before the center cases. The center cases are more detailed, so in turn will be a great amount of time involved & invested to get them into production.
The sales of the clutch covers are needed to reinvest into production of the center cases. At first I couldnt understand the covers being first, I do now.

Any of you remember me talking about port linking on the Pro-x big bore cylinders ??.
Reason for that, was because of the machining releif on the side of the pistons around the wrist pin hole.
Fresh compressed crankcase charge was being blown out the aux exhaust ports before the main transfer ports were ever uncovered. That caused a reduction in power output.

Well the simple fix would be to change the machining on the sides of those Wiseco pistons.

:D :D Guess who has those new type machined Wiseco pistons sitting on their parts shelf, YEP, ESR.

When he told me that the other night I almost wet my pants, all I can say is, look out Pumas.
Neil

Honda 250r 001
11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Ive come to the conclusion ESR is going to have a HUGE impact in the future of our 250r's. And anything and everything i can purchase from them to support them im going to do.

ROCK ON ESR!

Lasher
11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Neil...did it sound like the center cases be done before the start of next season?

C-LEIGH RACING
11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
To be honest, I cant answer that, there was no "when" that I could detect.
Like I say, sales of those clutch covers will be very important.
Neil

Pumashine
11-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Oh yes, Eddies gittin it done.

all I can say is, look out Pumas.
Neil

Yes, the 81.5 MM piston is very light. The Puma can be ordered for that smaller bore size. Buford just recently put his Puma together with the lighter ESR piston.

I am a loyal ESR customer, replacement pistons, pipes and CR ignitions are very well priced with excelent quality.

troybilt
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Its a great day to be a 250r fan... :D :eek2:

89rwfo
11-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by troybilt

X2 Just checked out his site, it looks great thinking about buying myself a 310 for xmas. haha

SilverLake250R
11-18-2010, 11:10 AM

I know! I have been so excited all day! I have been going back and forth between a full Duncan setup and a full ESR setup on my Walsh, and I think this just made up my mind. It won't be as unique or rare, but man, it will sure be nice to be able to get parts!

troybilt
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 89rwfo
X2 Just checked out his site, it looks great thinking about buying myself a 310 for xmas. haha

I see a CR ignition setup or 2 on my christmas list! ...and they are on sale this month.. Wa-hoo!

troybilt
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Some other things listed today on the website:

new center mount silencer with small core size to increase low end and mid power work great mikuni tmxx 41.5
alcohol carb no fuel pump needed for drag racing
power valve air bleed jet add to adjustable power valve

new makino a51 nx horizontal machining center we are able to produce more parts for great prices

89rwfo
11-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Some other things listed today on the website:

new center mount silencer with small core size to increase low end and mid power work great mikuni tmxx 41.5
alcohol carb no fuel pump needed for drag racing
power valve air bleed jet add to adjustable power valve

new makino a51 nx horizontal machining center we are able to produce more parts for great prices

I know them center mounts are sweet but I have to run an airbox.

J250r
11-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Eddie is the MAN! I know I'll be taking ALL of my business to ESR from now on. I'm even gonna tell my friend to buy the ESR pipe for his z400 haha

MANIAK 88R
11-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I am going to have to come out with a new saying. I haven't been able to buy anything new from ESR in awhile, I already own everything they make. Now finally.... NEW TOYS !!!!! Who Hoo !!!

I'm not a brand fanattic of any kind but when it comes to 250R's and you live in central Cali, ESR is the way to go.

I've had my issues with their customer service but, their parts are all awsome.

Here is what makes me pathetic......

PV 350
kicker
brake
shifter
stator cover
motor mounts
reeds
carb
airbox eliminator
trx5 pipe / silencer
counter balancer plate
temp gauge
water pump cover
case saver
exhaust flange
(also a CR ingnition that I don't use) no its not for sale.

My bike looks like a freakin poster add for ESR.
This pic was with my old 310 cyl, before the PV

AMEN FOR NEW STUFF!!!!

sameltoe
11-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I wish they made motor mounts for the 86 :ermm:

MANIAK 88R
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
You can modify their mounts to fit an 86. Just drill the hole's all the way through. I've seen it done. If done correctly, it will still look clean. You will lose part of the ESR logo though.

leager-n-ky
11-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by MANIAK 88R
I am going to have to come out with a new saying. I haven't been able to buy anything new from ESR in awhile, I already own everything they make. Now finally.... NEW TOYS !!!!! Who Hoo !!!

I'm not a brand fanattic of any kind but when it comes to 250R's and you live in central Cali, ESR is the way to go.

I've had my issues with their customer service but, their parts are all awsome.

Here is what makes me pathetic......

PV 350
kicker
brake
shifter
stator cover
motor mounts

reeds
carb
airbox eliminator
trx5 pipe / silencer
counter balancer plate
temp gauge
water pump cover
case saver
exhaust flange

My bike looks like a freakin poster add for ESR.
This pic was with my old 310 cyl, before the PV

AMEN FOR NEW STUFF!!!!

WOW, Mark. I thought i had a bunch of ESR stuff.

MANIAK 88R
11-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Ya, A few years ago when I was building my bike, it was the end of November. My birthday is Dec 12th and Christmas is right after that. My wife kept bugging me for a christmas list so I just printed everything that I didn't have off of ESR's website. What I meant for my wife and my parents to do was pick from the list, they just went together and ordered it all. Needless to say I was one happy guy. About a year later I bought my 350PV and sold my 310. I only have two hobbies Xbox and my quad so I am spoiled come holiday season.

I have been able to say I have everything that they make for a 250R literally but now, new stuff.

I'm going to have to buy anything they have for a Z400 just to keep my wife off my back.

buford
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I used the 81 mm piston ESR offers for my 370 puma. Very well designed and amazingly light weight for the size. The side milling is kept to a minimum so transfer charge doesn't go out the exhaust like Neil said and again is very well designed by Eddie. I would bet eventually he will offer gears since his new machine will be able to do just about anything it sounds like. Billet gears would be nice to have.

wilkin250r
11-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by MANIAK 88R

What if I told you I wanted it in order to design a new ignition for the 250r, THEN would you sell it (for cheap:devil: )?

MANIAK 88R
11-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Its mounted on my spare engine that is barried in the corner of my garage. If I get around to cleaning my garage out, I'll let you know.

jcs003
11-24-2010, 01:37 AM
these cases will be a god sent. no worrying about chains thrown or build up(dirt, rocks etc.) between the swingarm and case and having that build up and crack the case..