PDA

View Full Version : ALL New 2011 WALSH EFI CRF450R Hybrid

JNWQUADMX
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM
hey whats up, this is Jeff from Walsh RC,
Check out the ALL NEW 2011 EFI CRF450R Hybrid we are building. Visit the sight for more info, Hybrids are here to stay and are being reborn! again, any questions, feel free to pm me. thanks, Jeff @WRC

The future of ATV / QUAD performace is about to be reborn by the very same manufacturers who revolutionized the ATV / QUAD the last time it was done. 'When was the last time?' you might ask. Well 1999 was the last time, when Walsh Race Craft developed the YZ400F four stoke powdered quad riden by Harold Goodman. Harold went on that season in a long hard fought battle with Kory Ellis for the 4 Stroke Pro-Am National Championship and Harold won it! beating out Kory on the Leager's YZ400F, and this is when the ATV / QUAD motocross scene was revolutionized. However shortly after Harolds debut year on the '4 stroke hybrid' Walsh Race Craft with the inspiration from Doug Gust developed the Suzuki DR-Z400 powdered ATV / QUAD, with Doug Gust making the effort on the rider portion the Walsh/DR-Z400 went on to be the first four stoke ATV / QUAD to win an AMA GNC Pro race and it was later used by Suzuki in the development of their LT-R450 and is rumored to live in Japan at the Suzuki factory to this day.

Though Walsh Race Craft has been setting the standard in performance since 1997 (when we sold our first TRX-250R frame and components to PJ Chesson, who went on to win the AMA GNC 250A class that very season) we really made our position know when we started with the 4 stroke powered quads. We have been working with US Highland for the past year and with the recent development of their 950cc V-Twin powered ATV / QUAD we have some special new technology and now the 2010 CRF-450R will carry over some of that influenced special technology.....

More to come as the 2010 CRF-450R ATV / QUAD is developed.

dehner47
11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Walsh are hands down the best components out there. i have ridden them all. from Laeger to Lonestar to Roll. no bike has ever handled better then my Walsh hybrid. and that is no joke. and on a buisness side, they are the best company to deal with. and again, i have delt with them all. true professionals. 100% class..

cant wait to see the new bike. gonna be sick. i already know it..

Lasher
11-18-2010, 08:19 AM
My question....what needs to change between an 09 Walsh CRF frame and the "new model" to run the fuel injected motor?

My son is building a Walsh CRF (have chassis) and we are about to buy a motor/bike. Curious what would need to change?

fandl450r
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
This intrigues me! Maybe it's time to build a Hybrid.

hontrx265r
11-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm sure you'll get twice the recogonition because your WALSH, and your budget it bigger so it wont take as long but I've been working on this laeger for about a year. New baby and house have kept my budget thin. However its quickly coming to a close. I'm about finished. This is the latest pic I have but we are almost there. Don't know what you guys have planned but if I had the time and budget I would build one that was based off your geometry but used all 450r plastic, components etc.. As they are everywhere and give it the new school twist on the "hybrids of the past" Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

fandl450r
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I think I just fell in love.

97Rocks
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice Job on the Laeger efi/crf!!! Can't wait to see it finished. Pinit and I are going to work on my project this weekend. I will admit, My old Walsh/crf TT was the best handling race quad I ever had....

JNWQUADMX
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
We will be using all LTR450 based components. Not trx450. Chassis will be Narrow frame exc.... Pix coming soon.

97Rocks
11-18-2010, 04:59 PM
WOW- I'm not a big fan of the ltr fenders.... Walsh stuff is the bomb though. I really enjoyed working with Nate "dog" Walsh and shooting the breeze with Mike at the nationals. How about using the trx fenders?????? It would make me happy anyway, and thats what this is really about right?

mx Eli
11-18-2010, 06:24 PM
please at least put 250r fenders on it!

Derrick Adams
11-19-2010, 03:48 AM
I have to agree with the others. I think using LTR spindles, etc is fine because building a Hybrid is all about using the best technology available, but installing Suzuki fenders on a Honda based hybrid is not cool. Definate turn off for me.

Mad props for starting the hybrid era again though!

JNWQUADMX
11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
The only thing Honda based will be the engine. The frame is an all new narrow frame design as well as the new Flow narrow frame front end. The rear will be a suzuki style as well as adjustable subframe and brakes. The plastic will be Suzuki but will be a quick mount design, not the Suzuki push pin mount. Using Suzuki spindles will provide less bump steer then Honda spindles as well as better camber gain.

hontrx265r
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
why even use the honda then? you already have so much more time in on the ltr motor or similiar rmz? Seems like it would be easier to keep it all suzuki besides frame.

becci4
11-19-2010, 12:43 PM
I really like it, it sounds like its gonna be one hell of a sick bike. Props to walsh for bringing hybrids back:bandit:

SRH
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
i like the ltr body work i dont see a issue

blaster12s
11-19-2010, 02:42 PM
how much can i expect one of these to run me?

mx Eli
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
thats really dumb if you ask me not to use 250r fenders
that was one of the best things about hybrids

Lasher
11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Here is a big question...

Will the new "hybrid" be legal for Pros? Will it pass the AMA/ATVA rules of being a production quad?

I think only 100 need to be built or something like that.

97Rocks
11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
yes, it will be legal for the pro's. I was told the AMA changed the rules....... OK- I don't like the ltr fenders, BUT... knowing Walsh, it will be cool!!! Anyone know how much H.P. the efi/ crf's make compared to the non-efi crf????

MR4Engine202
11-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey jeff its me chad....glad to see walsh getting back into hybrids the efi crf was always my dream build...may have to get rid of the ltr now lol

89trx250r
11-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Not putting honda plastic on a machine thats powered by honda kinda doesnt seem right imo even if everything else is suzuki the part that makes it move anywhere is a honda :)

mx Eli
11-21-2010, 08:30 AM
i bet sombody will get it and modify some brackets for 250r brackets:devil: :devil: :devil:

JNWQUADMX
11-21-2010, 08:53 AM
IM sure if you were to order one from us we could set it up for the 250R or 450R Plastics with a quick mount like our previous CRF's. it shouldnt be an issue. As far as the engine goes, this all new chassis design is built not only to house the CRF engine. It was built to house an array of different engine configurations. It was not built to only use an 09 efi CRF. Remember these are custom built quads and they are built based upon what works the best as well as customer input.

judecrf
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
now that sounds more like it . cant wait to see it .

atvmxer79
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
what rear shock setup will it use?

NED441SUZ
11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I would assume the LT-R plastic is used so the gas tank (already F.I. ready fro a quad)can be utilized. Would the frame accept an 08-up RMZ engine with proper mounts? Just asking since there are alot of us who love our LT-R's but they ain't light. A aftermarket frame with the RMZ engine and LT-R look would be a big hit.

CADWELL
11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
WOW...I'm a big fan of Walsh. I have an ALL Walsh YFZ to prove it, their components and customer service is top notch.

It's pretty obvious why Walsh is using the base platform components for this ALL new hybrid. They have TONS of R&D put into these projects so I'm sure they hand picked these particular parts to build this bike. To say that it needs Honda this and Honda that undermines the research they've done to make this come together.

As far as the plastics go, I guess that is just more cosmectic then anything so I would definately choose the 250r over the LTR style. As far as the suspension goes.....there's a reason the sell a TRX conversion kit to install LTR components.....they know what works better!!!

I'm a fan no matter what they bring to the table because I know that whatever it is will be top notch.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Jeff,
I hope you do know, we put the hybrids back in last year in AMA/ATVA Extreme Dirt Track (TT).
We included as well, 2 strokes in the Pro lite & added the 265/450 A,B or C instead of production 4 stroke.

New for the 2011 season in Extreme Dirt Track, Two stroke cc limit will be 302cc, so now you can run a 302cc two stroke in the Pro Lite along with the 450 four stroke.
302cc two stroke/450cc four stroke A,B or C level.

Thanks so much for bringing back the hybrids.
If it had not been for you guys building aftermarket frame, aftermarket parts & sponcering riders during the times when the OEM dropped out of sight, there probably wouldnt even be ATV racing anymore.
Thanks again, Neil

TampaBoy813
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Thats a Beautiful Build...A+ all the way!

250Renvy
11-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by JNWQUADMX
IM sure if you were to order one from us we could set it up for the 250R or 450R Plastics with a quick mount like our previous CRF's. it shouldnt be an issue. As far as the engine goes, this all new chassis design is built not only to house the CRF engine. It was built to house an array of different engine configurations. It was not built to only use an 09 efi CRF. Remember these are custom built quads and they are built based upon what works the best as well as customer input.

You guys have the cash and own shop to develop stuff like this. I've been working on a super custom project like this for the last couple years.

MY custom frame is a 250R/CRF combo motor setup that will allow for any mod of motor. Post pics of the motor housing before motor goes in if you will when you get to that stage.

usp4u
12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
some of you guys posting in this thread are ridiculous. WRC comes into the forum to tell us about a GREAT new project and every "no wing, no prayer" nut comes out to tell them how to do it. I guess everyone with a YZ or KTM powered hybrid better ditch the 250R plastic, huh ?

WRC, cant wait to see the finished product. Gonna be sweet. One question: What made you decide on using the CRF mill given it's not so steller durability record (particulally the '09) compared to the YZ-F/RM-Z ?

Honda 250r 001
12-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
I have to agree with the others. I think using LTR spindles, etc is fine because building a Hybrid is all about using the best technology available, but installing Suzuki fenders on a Honda based hybrid is not cool. Definate turn off for me.

Mad props for starting the hybrid era again though!

I'm really disappointed that they are basically using nothing but the frame geometry of the 250r anymore...

I guess thats just the way its gotta be though. :/

hontrx265r
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't think anyone here was telling WRC how to build their project, just giving input. Really there is nothing better then asking customers what they want... now I admit walsh didn't say
"what do you want to see in a hybrid" However it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least take into consideration your customer input.. They do buy the product...

RATPACK Z400
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I think the LTR plastics would look sick! WHY would you wont to look like every other 250r plastic hybred .Everybody wants something different and thats different! who wants an outdated 250r look ? the LTR plastics are some of the best looking ones honda plastics look SO outdated.Cant wait to see it!

jordanscott
12-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
I think the LTR plastics would look sick! WHY would you wont to look like every other 250r plastic hybred .Everybody wants something different and thats different! who wants an outdated 250r look ? the LTR plastics are some of the best looking ones honda plastics look SO outdated.Cant wait to see it!

Personally, I don't like the LTR graphics AT ALL.
And I run into this all the time in the mini truck world, people thinking something is great just because its different.
Well, just because is different doesnt mean it looks good.
An s10 with range rover headlights does not look good. Just like how a hybrid with LTR plastics isnt going to look good.

Just my $.02

I do however believe that this is going to be an amazing handling bike.. Plastics dont affect that lol

12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by jordanscott
Personally, I don't like the LTR graphics AT ALL.
And I run into this all the time in the mini truck world, people thinking something is great just because its different.
Well, just because is different doesnt mean it looks good.
An s10 with range rover headlights does not look good. Just like how a hybrid with LTR plastics isnt going to look good.

Just my $.02

I do however believe that this is going to be an amazing handling bike.. Plastics dont affect that lol

I agree with you on that. but i also gotta say old hybrids were built around hondas. either the 250r or the 400ex. mainly the 250r. so its only right to make it look like a honda to give honda credit on making a bike after market companies just had to improve on. now that walsh is using a suzuki front end and rear end its only right to give suzuki a bit of credit and make this bike look like a ltr. Also since the bike is going to be Fuel injected suzuki already has the right stuff in the tanks for this. i know its going to have a honda motor in it but thats not what makes the bike ride smooth or corner like a dream. its only right to make it look like a suzuki. if you don't like don't buy it.

usp4u
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I dont think the LTR having FI hardware in the tank really makes a difference to them.

Its safe to say their bike is gonna have the "low rider" kit anyhow, which generally includes a custom aluminum tank.

89trx250r
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
lol roostar450 youre blind to the fact that if it wasnt for the honda motor this "hybrid" wouldnt move anywhere lol. Im actullay curious to see if anyone purchases one of theese hybrids cause if i was gonna drop the kinda money there gonna want id prefer to have it based off a 250r and not a ****ty ltr so thats where the problems will start, when you build a hybrid for top dollar you want it the way you want it not the way some company thinks it should be designed...

89trx250r
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM
and to be honest if there hybrid looks half as good as hontrx265r's efi bike then there lucky cause imo he did it right even tho he didnt have the option to build the entire bike around the motor like they do over at wrc

12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
lol roostar450 youre blind to the fact that if it wasnt for the honda motor this "hybrid" wouldnt move anywhere lol. Im actullay curious to see if anyone purchases one of theese hybrids cause if i was gonna drop the kinda money there gonna want id prefer to have it based off a 250r and not a ****ty ltr so thats where the problems will start, when you build a hybrid for top dollar you want it the way you want it not the way some company thinks it should be designed...

Im not blind to the fact they are using a honda motor. but they could have made just about any FI dirtbike motor work to make this thing move/hauldonkey. but they cant use just any spindle linkage combo to make it handle and ride smooth. im not saying suzuki is the best i am just saying every suzuki, honda and can-am will be running a suzuki front end on their bikes next year like. josh upperman, greg gee, natalie and wienen did this year. do im guessing thats why they decided to use a suzuki plastic combo.

i personally would rather a hybrid to look like a honda as well but knowing what walsh produces im guessing this thing is going to look nasty and he will likely sell a few of them.

MR4Engine202
12-03-2010, 04:57 PM
all im saying is walsh has never disappointed before and they dont just slap stuff together and say it works better....there is a reason that there using ltr spindles on there 450r builds now....think about it....there simply taking the best parts and making the best bike in my opinion.....just like they did back when the first hybrids came out

liex21
12-04-2010, 07:26 AM
^^^ Agreed. To be honest I could careless what fenders it has. I'm more concerned about the handling, walsh chassis are know for their handling I'm just excited to see what they have up their sleeve now specially with all their new spindle combos and such.

hontrx265r
12-04-2010, 09:15 AM
89trx250r thanks for the compliment. I've really put everything into my bike that I could without fully building the frame. If I ever decide to do another though... It will be a full frame I'm about to that point. Bottom line is I know walsh will build an amazing bike that even I will probably want.. I originally just threw up that it would be cool to have 450r plastic thinking they were going to still mimick mostly honda geometry. I really don't care if it looks like a suzuki. I like their plastic alot. However I do think it would have been easier to use an ltr motor and they make pretty good power when they are built right. I'm not even so sure the honda motor is the ****. I just wanted to try it... and having yz hybrids of my own since 2000 I really wanted a crf this time around. Still can't wait to see some pics of this new deal...

RATPACK Z400
12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Just because it has suzuki plastics dont make it suzuki it a hybred with cool looking plastics. you could use yfz,raptor,ktm what ever fits frame and looks good just like to see something other than those outdated 250r plastics,IMO to say they look better than the LTR,s is a joke IMO. its all about honda lovers wanting it to look the way they want it too.they hate all brands but honda which is so retarded!So if its a YFZ motor they should use banshee plastics! and if its a LTR motor then LT500 plastics! they should build with what ever plastics that can fit and looks good without getting trolled about the 250r plastics.its there quad!there design.

RATPACK Z400
12-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Ive notice that if somebody dont agree with you you start name calling your the "KING OF ALL TROLLS" on this forum .I not here to put down nobody,s idea or quads but you come on here and its all 250r are the best,and all other quads suck, the only thing that sucks is You!I like any plasics that would look good YFZ,rap, also .

extremetrucker
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
now now, lets calm down fellas...if i read the original post correctly, someone from walsh posted to tell the forum WHAT they are working on/coming out with. not ASKING what kind of plastic they should put on it. i dont think WALSH is trolling message boards for engineering secrets from 17 year old kids, im sure they have a method to their madness and will produce a top notch product as usual.

JNWQUADMX
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
wow, this forum is a joke. funny how things turn out. just thought it would be nice to share. Damn, i wish we would have built a new bike that didnt perform as well as it looked, jeez we should have thought to run all honda stuff even though it didnt work as well. damn we should have just not built anything at all, we should have just subbed the work to a few of you hand picked hybrid builders who have it all figured out. im not on here bashing anyone, so WTF gives you any right to bash us in building a new hybrid? do you have 1000s of hours in R&D into what works best? if so send me the data and things might change. Are you building 20k+ CNC billet Chassis jigs and building the latest greatest hybrid chassis? or are you sitting in the garage with a 100$ mig from lowes saying that looks like it will work, Weld it billy bob! lol The old CRF's used parts from hondas. they were far, far away from honda geometry. Second of all what do you or I or anyone else for that matter owe any OEM? are they dropping off new bikes in your driveway and paying you thousands of dollars to ride and promote the new bikes?No? well me either. i think youre taking this owe honda stuff a little far. as i said, this bike is being built for a customer who wanted an 09 CRF450 with LTR plastics. This initial chassis design wasnt designed to only hold an 09 CRF. . lol. this is a joke and ill have to remember that the next time i think about posting. i dont mean to sound like a prick. All im saying is that this bike will work better then anything that came before it. nothing less.

jrspawn
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Bottom line.........

If its Walsh, IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER!!!!

Walsh products have taken the sport to new levels throughout many years of racing..... And i got a feeling its about to to go to a whole new level now boys and girls:D

Thank you
Justin

kodymx13
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
see this is why i stay off this forum as much as possible. we have keyboard jockys that bring up the rear of the beginer class on a 400ex, that know everything about nothing, running the site. walsh has a great idea here and they intitled to use WHATEVER product works. if they wanted to use a master cylinder off a grimlin so be it.

jrspawn
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
wow, this forum is a joke. funny how things turn out. just thought it would be nice to share. Damn, i wish we would have built a new bike that didnt perform as well as it looked, jeez we should have thought to run all honda stuff even though it didnt work as well. damn we should have just not built anything at all, we should have just subbed the work to a few of you hand picked hybrid builders who have it all figured out. im not on here bashing anyone, so WTF gives you any right to bash us in building a new hybrid? do you have 1000s of hours in R&D into what works best? if so send me the data and things might change. The old CRF's used parts from hondas. they were far, far away from honda geometry. Second of all what do you or I or anyone else for that matter owe any OEM? are they dropping off new bikes in your driveway and flying you first class to design and test new product? lol. this is a joke and ill have to remember that the next time i think about posting.

Dont sweat any BS man.... whenever something good comes along there will always be people out there to doubt or be against it for personal reasons i guess.

On another note, you know if Mike will be able to make updates to the old yzf and crf frames to accept the new LTR suspension setups?

JNWQUADMX
12-04-2010, 09:42 PM
yes justin we can do that. we are also in the process of building new brake adap as well as rotors to be able to use honda size rotors and brakes while using zuki spindles and hubs. the honda rotor is .5 larger then suzuki, call us any time bro

RATPACK Z400
12-05-2010, 07:14 AM
I wondering has Walsh ever tried to take an Aprilla V-twin 550 and fit it in one of there frames?

12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
If any of you haven't yet, you should check out Walsh's website. The fabrication pics are so sick. Keep up the good work, Walsh.

SRH
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM
walsh should have there own tv show, there fabrication is far more in depth and cooler than streetbike building...

out of curiousity why dont they build side by side parts?

jordanscott
12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SRH
walsh should have there own tv show, there fabrication is far more in depth and cooler than streetbike building...

out of curiousity why dont they build side by side parts?

i honestly hope they NEVER build side by side parts.

jrspawn
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by jordanscott
i honestly hope they NEVER build side by side parts.

Why's that?

And they had started to build the rhino arms. At least from what I had heard. I want to say they built a set for someone. I wanted to go with their setup on my rhino.

hontrx265r
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
looks good so far... of course.. I have dreams of that nice of an intake on my hybrid(a primary advantage of building your own frame) Can't wait to see the rest. Then we can have a shoot out. old hybrid vs new. Then end all this crying.. haha

SRH
12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
i really didnt beleive the hype about walsh stuff handling that much better, i had rode laegers, houser and what not, i knew walsh was much more trick design and look , but it literally made my yfz feel like a completely different machine in every aspect of the handling

i just couldnt see there reputationnot nabbing sales in the side by side market

becci4
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Just seen the pics over on your site and its looking sick!! Cant wait to see it done.

NED441SUZ
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
yes justin we can do that. we are also in the process of building new brake adap as well as rotors to be able to use honda size rotors and brakes while using zuki spindles and hubs. the honda rotor is .5 larger then suzuki, call us any time bro
So the adaptors should allow us LT-R guys to bolt on the better Honda brake setup? Awesome. I still am interested in knowing if i could build a RMZ powered bike from this new chassis.

dehner47
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i really didnt beleive the hype about walsh stuff handling that much better, i had rode laegers, houser and what not, i knew walsh was much more trick design and look , but it literally made my yfz feel like a completely different machine in every aspect of the handling

ya, they did make it feel like a completely different machine. they actually made them handle good..

SRH
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
ya, they did make it feel like a completely different machine. they actually made them handle good..

lol thats the truth

syckNtwisted121
12-15-2010, 03:29 PM
EVERYONE needs to remember one thing, when the factories got involved, the HYBRIDS were outlawed. The Best Hybrid of the time was the Walsh CRF.....I would take a new Hybrid from Walsh over ANY bike on the pro gate ...ALL DAY LONG.

atvmxer79
12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
i second that!

Pro1200
12-15-2010, 11:19 PM
what about the walsh yzf450?

usp4u
12-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by syckNtwisted121
EVERYONE needs to remember one thing, when the factories got involved, the HYBRIDS were outlawed. The Best Hybrid of the time was the Walsh CRF.....I would take a new Hybrid from Walsh over ANY bike on the pro gate ...ALL DAY LONG.

yup, just make mine a YZF. :macho

syckNtwisted121
12-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Pro1200
what about the walsh yzf450?

Absolutely a bad bike. Handles equally a well, I just dont think the Yamaha was quite as advanced as the CRF with the removable billet upper frame rail and I also think the CRF was a bit lighter than the YZ...

.I can tell everyone this....dont work with Walsh, I am not sponsorored by Walsh, I havn't even spoken to Mike, Nate or Pop since like 2003. But I HAVE ridden just about EVERYTHING you can ride since 1996 when I started, and THE TWO BIKES that I wish I never sold were my walsh CRF and my 330PV walsh R....it may sound funny, but they just seem "RIGHT" NOTHING about them bothered me, bearings never wore out (sign of chassis flex), nothing cracked and I hardly ever had to tinker with suspension set ups no matter what the track conditions !! bikes just worked perfect.

Pro1200
12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Correction, I meant the 03 YZ450F 4-speed, isn't it supposed to be a strong solid motor?

usp4u
12-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Pro1200
Correction, I meant the 03 YZ450F 4-speed, isn't it supposed to be a strong solid motor?

That's the exact set-up I had in my Walsh...TC 03 yz450 4-spd. Thing made stupid power, was DEAD reliable, and to me the 4spd. was perfect. Most tracks I was at: leave the gate in 2nd, shift to 3rd and leave it there the whole race. Use a little bit of clutch in tight corners but dont bother to shift. Faster tracks, I change out the rear sproket and still leave it in 3rd.

Those motors were reliable to start with but it also helped leaving them a dry-sump motor and using an external tank(400ex)as you were carrying alot of oil and the tank was helping to cool the oil.

800screws
12-17-2010, 05:43 AM
ur bike is on ebay now! the yz450 walsh....

usp4u
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by 800screws
ur bike is on ebay now! the yz450 walsh....

Really ? I told that I wanted first shot if he ever got rid of it. Gotta go check this out.

usp4u
12-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Holy crap, that is it...They copied and pasted most of my ad from here, using my pics too, lol.

It say CT, the kid I sold it to was from New York. If I werent building a house I'd buy it back.:mad: I replaced everything on that bike.

800screws
12-17-2010, 10:11 AM
i wish i could get it too! lol..........almost done with my jp racing outlaw lt250r build. otherwise id be so on that! thats one of the sharpest looking yz450s out there.

usp4u
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
They are definatley taking some liberties with the ad....I had TC go through the motor and it certainly wasnt $3900...I broke the right side case cover when the starter shaft let go, I replaced the case cover, but didnt replace gears/case halves like the ad states.

I am glad I didnt give them my NIB Walsh graphics and seat, the old black/white "tribal" design noone can get anymore.;)

josborn
12-17-2010, 01:58 PM
whats that graphic kit worth to ya?

usp4u
12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by josborn

lol, i knew that would happen.....It's not for sale.

250Renvy
12-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by josborn

I don't have the graphics but I have the seat cover new. Graphics should be easy to duplicate.

$50+shipping.

Back on Topic: Have you guys seen the jigs they are using for this frame? I think more work went into making the jigs than would take to actually bend and build the frame.

laeger2fiddyr
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Call Ian @ SSI Decals #815-777-3030 He can make you a set of the Walsh graphics.

josborn
12-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Those covers do you look good with the kit, but i have a new quad tech seat w/ cover. I'll give Ian a try on the graphics. Thanks guys.

Claas900
12-18-2010, 08:51 AM
JNWQUADMX, I'd like your honest opinion on the ds450 front end? They talk a lot about there spindle design and I'd like to know if you thought its all its cracked up to be?

Flyin_250r
12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
usp4u

I totally agree with you on the 03 yz450 engine. Love mine. I saw yours listed on ebay as well... Loved that hybrid you had

Where can I find pictures to the Walsh crf? Id love the see the comparison to the one hontrx265r is doing. Hes always built top notch stuff and very helpful as well on here when needing advice.

3leggeddog
12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
haters now will be on the Walsh jock strap once this thing is done. Walsh builds sick stuff,let them do what they do best fellas, don't hate, appreciate

becci4
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Any new updates or pics? The pics from the walsh site have been gone for a bit now it seems.

syckNtwisted121
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
They are a smart bunch of people, why would they leave pics up of what may be the most advanced Motocross specific ATV we have seen in a long long time........Almost everything else they have done has been copied, this wont be any different.

Ripitupfilms
12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
"They are a smart bunch of people, why would they leave pics up of what may be the most advanced Motocross specific ATV we have seen in a long long time........"

umm unless the frame is being built from carbon fiber i highly doubt its something we havent seen in a long long time lol theres certain materials etc that need be used its still gonna be 4130 chromoly its still gonna use aarms and a swing arm lol you guys act as if there building a space ship thats gonna fly to the ****ing moon i also noticed anyone with walsh race craft in there signature is riding the dick of this forum quite hard its kinda funny im sure it will be nice but the bottom line is its just another aftermarket frame for a newer style motor...

Im not gona sit here and argue on the internet but i have one thing to say to you. YOUR A FRIGGEN GOON> stop crying

3leggeddog
12-21-2010, 04:08 PM
^^^^^ bahahaha.

apparently 89TRX 250r you've never been graced by the blissfulness that is walsh.

I think my hybrid used to levitate at night while I slept. They are all but holy in the ATV world. When you pray to the "quad gods" it's Mike Walsh your praying too bro. Take your L.A.gear tennies and kick rocks doggy

I'm not riding Walsh right now, but sure wish I was........

hontrx265r
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Easy there big fella. Don't forget that your L.a. gear... if I do recall really helped mike get started at wrc.. Not saying Mike hasn't done a good job improving things, because he has. But I don't think he would disrespect, and neither should you. There were days that the entire pack was laeger 250r's with crazy camber.. haha.(And I'm talking about Mark Laeger, not the new crap) Now back to topic and quit *****ing. I want to see more pics.

12-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
Easy there big fella. Don't forget that your L.a. gear... if I do recall really helped mike get started at wrc.. Not saying Mike hasn't done a good job improving things, because he has. But I don't think he would disrespect, and neither should you. There were days that the entire pack was laeger 250r's with crazy camber.. haha.(And I'm talking about Mark Laeger, not the new crap) Now back to topic and quit *****ing. I want to see more pics.

Dude, if I'm not mistaken, he was referring to L.A. Gear shoes, not a Laeger chassis. Lol.

jrspawn
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Theres a few on here that need to have a drink......

madskrillz2
12-21-2010, 08:58 PM
"They are a smart bunch of people, why would they leave pics up of what may be the most advanced Motocross specific ATV we have seen in a long long time........"

umm unless the frame is being built from carbon fiber i highly doubt its something we havent seen in a long long time lol theres certain materials etc that need be used its still gonna be 4130 chromoly its still gonna use aarms and a swing arm lol you guys act as if there building a space ship thats gonna fly to the ****ing moon i also noticed anyone with walsh race craft in there signature is riding the dick of this forum quite hard its kinda funny im sure it will be nice but the bottom line is its just another aftermarket frame for a newer style motor...

You should just delete this post so that no one else is dumbfounded by your ignorance.

scotturban
12-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I think this quad will be nasty and expensive, just like everything else walsh, I would like to see one with a kx450 or kx250 motor in it with like banshee plastic just because nobody does it, Im sure the walsh crf will be top notch though just like everything else that is walsh

usp4u
12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
It's a shame this thread devolved to what it has become. Anyone(myself included) who was hoping to see updates of the project here can probably forget it.

If I were WRC, I'd write this site off as a gang of d-bag fools and not return.

josborn
12-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Yep...would have been nice. Way to go all D-bags!

scotturban
12-22-2010, 08:06 AM
well i guess it just gets more people to check out the walsh race craft web site, instead of weeding through all of this garbage on here, Could be a good thing for walsh possibly haha... or not.. :bandit:

becci4
12-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by scotturban
well i guess it just gets more people to check out the walsh race craft web site, instead of weeding through all of this garbage on here, Could be a good thing for walsh possibly haha... or not.. :bandit:

Thats funny cuz I now look to there site for any info on it now.

Ripitupfilms
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
The whole point was to get everyone to check it out and be excited for something that could bring hybrids back in the game. Instead we have people who think they know everything about everything and run their mouths. Walsh or any other aftermarket company have years of experience , they know what they are doing

mildtowildracin
12-22-2010, 10:09 PM
lets put it this way, the bike is gonna be sick and we all know it... idc who you are or what you ride, but walsh building this quad is going to bring the hybrid market back. i cant wait to see it done. i saw it last week at the shop and its sick. i was drooling everywhere and had a hard time walking away. the bike is gonna handle like a dream, they are putting the best of the best on this bike, and then making that better... we'll just leave it at that

97Rocks
12-22-2010, 10:17 PM
mild2wild... u cant leave me hangin' like that!!!! I am pumped to see this thing. u didnt sneek a camera in there under nate dawgs desk or somethin???

mildtowildracin
12-23-2010, 07:39 PM
naaaa haha, cant do that to em, if they wanted pics up thed have em up, last thing i wanna do is get on their bad side lol

i will say this, ITS SICK!!!!!!!! its almost done, give it a few weeks and they will have pics of it. im pretty sure the first one is gonna have a big xc tank on it, mike was pretty proud of the tank, it looks pretty crazy haha.

97Rocks
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
check out the Mike Walsh interview on the "other" atv website. Pretty cool stuff. He introduced a "new" front end- can't wait to see it! Mad props to Mike!!

rpfeifer11
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
The whole point was to get everyone to check it out and be excited for something that could bring hybrids back in the game. Instead we have people who think they know everything about everything and run their mouths. Walsh or any other aftermarket company have years of experience , they know what they are doing

X2

diangelo#67
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
the trouble with the internet is all the 12 year olds that dont have parents watching their foul language

motochamp250
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
man i can't wait to see this bike... i guess i need to find a money tree, because i would love to have one. Walsh stuff is top notch and this bike should definitely be sick. Also, can't wait to see the new a-arms. Good luck this year Walsh racecraft and in the future. An ATV company that gives back to the community that gives to it. Hard to beat that! go Walsh!

hunter

SRH
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 97Rocks
check out the Mike Walsh interview on the "other" atv website. Pretty cool stuff. He introduced a "new" front end- can't wait to see it! Mad props to Mike!!

i seen that video as well i cant wait to see the finished product

mike builds the ferrari of quads

kfxracer72
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Where can I find the video of this new front end

motochamp250
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
it doesn't show it, he just announces it. Lawson will debut it at round one of the nationals if i remember correctly...

hunter

racerx573
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
A T V S C E N E . C O M

for all the new info on Walsh, as well as past info and opinions, and insight on the future.

KingpinsEx
01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Any pics of this beast?

becci4
02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Walsh has two pics of it on there site

Pro1200
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
http://walshracecraft.com/custom-quad-builds.html

looks sick!!:D

josborn
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
very cool. should be sick

quadcrazy02
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Dude that is one bad*** quad, the craftmanship in that thing is unbelievable!! Good job.

bomberman
05-18-2011, 11:36 AM
any more news?

Lasher
05-18-2011, 11:38 AM
There is some more information on Walsh's website. You need to click on WALSH CRF and it is now it's own option.

kfxracer72
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
is it done yet? theyve had those frame pics up for awhile.

woodsracer144
05-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
Here is a big question...

Will the new "hybrid" be legal for Pros? Will it pass the AMA/ATVA rules of being a production quad?

honestly, how many of the big factorys though out alot of money to the pro racing anymore? I think the only big one now is can am from what i've been told and when they run out of cash who is gonna keep the producton cash flow coming so they can keep the production rule around?

as soon as can am runs out of cash to fund racing its out with the "new" and in with the "old" hybred and 250r's

its just a waiting game and a matter of time.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by woodsracer144
[B]honestly, how many of the big factorys though out alot of money to the pro racing anymore? I think the only big one now is can am from what i've been told and when they run out of cash who is gonna keep the producton cash flow coming so they can keep the production rule around?

as soon as can am runs out of cash to fund racing its out with the "new" and in with the "old" hybred and 250r's

its just a waiting game and a matter of time.

Would you like for me to talk to Jimmy Odel & see if he can get Can Am to bring a 2 stoke back.

I pic a 250R frame with the 650 Rotax, cylinder reed valve twin & cassette 5 speed transmission.
Neil

bomberman
07-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Anybody have any idea what kind of price one of these would be fully built? just trying to get a rough idea in my head

laeger400
07-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I would say 18k-25k depending on what exactly you wanted and if you went with everything brandnew

racetraxx
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
The aftermarket kept the sport alive for years after the factories bailed out and left us high and dry. Then after 10 years of nothing they jump back into the mix by slapping us in the face with the 400EX. They then proceed to dazzle us with leftover parts from the ever progressing dirtbikes and even create a shadow like form of factory race teams. Just as we are seeing a ray of hope they leave us again, but this time they use the economy as the escape goat. The truth is people they have taken motorcycles over quads again with this emissions bull junk. Quads and the people riding then will always be second to bikes and there riders. So I say screw the factories and let the aftermarket continue on with what they started because I would rather have a 2012 crf motor than a 2012 trx motor, since the motors are the only thing we need to build a great quad.

racetraxx
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
The aftermarket kept the sport alive for years after the factories bailed out and left us high and dry. Then after 10 years of nothing they jump back into the mix by slapping us in the face with the 400EX. They then proceed to dazzle us with leftover parts from the ever progressing dirtbikes and even create a shadow like form of factory race teams. Just as we are seeing a ray of hope they leave us again, but this time they use the economy as the escape goat. The truth is people they have taken motorcycles over quads again with this emissions bull junk. Quads and the people riding then will always be second to bikes and there riders. So I say screw the factories and let the aftermarket continue on with what they started because I would rather have a 2012 crf motor than a 2012 trx motor, since the motors are the only thing we need to build a great quad.

SHIFTx450
08-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
A T V S C E N E . C O M

for all the new info on Walsh, as well as past info and opinions, and insight on the future.

First time ever hearing about that site, just checked it out and DAAAMMNNN Ana Rica?! I'm registering as we speak! Oh, and I'll be looking for the walsh article too.

RideRaceLive93
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
talked to mike today...these guys are awsome to talk to and will help you out anyway possible. hopefully ordering my frame soon super stoked! havent used there product yet but i can assure from customer service alone i will be purchasing all the parts i can from walsh

john willhoite
10-31-2011, 10:01 AM
I would like a report from someone that has ridden this new setup. I am wanting to build my ultimate quad, but would like to hear that this actually is the ultimate quad.

hontrx265r
10-31-2011, 10:45 PM
I think walsh always builds the ultimate quad, however motor choice is always a gamble.. pick your favorite. I have my laeger crf fuel inj. bike and although the motor is stock.. stock for stock it is has actually not been my fav. I would pull for my yami. My current chassis/suspension setup is the best I've ever had though.

SHIFTx450
11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
What don't you like with that new Honda motor?

john willhoite
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes, please explain.
And what Yamaha motor do you like better.

motochamp250
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
says on their website that it can be made for any engine and that details would be available in the near future... interesting lol

hontrx265r
11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm not totally knocking it, the response is of course awesome and it is very fast... however the gearing is really tall, and the bottom end is weak. I feel that the weak clutch is a part of the bottom end. I have yet to change to a six spring. This motor is also completely stock. (need to give it time, but at first it just didn't pull like my yamaha)
I spoke with Mike Bard at walsh (engine builder) and he was working on those issues with theirs and hopefully I'll hear back with the result soon.

SHIFTx450
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
They also stated in that video on their site that the trx w. lowering kit, or that the possibility exists that it handles better than the Suzuki.

Not to change the subject though. But they will figure out how to make it rip. Tire size and sprocket sizes will help with your gearing somewhat. Probably the obvious things like piston and porting and clutch will help with bottom end, even with stock cam.

My 06 crf hybrid was an animal with just those mods. How does that new efi crf motor compare to the older crf?

hontrx265r
11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Not fair to judge the motor without mods, cause we never leave them stock. I was just giving my first impressions. My 05 crf, and 06 yzf were both great motors. If I'm not mistaken Ron Hamp is pulling over 70hp in the m.c. stock bore and stoke, you can look it up on thumpertalk, lots of good info.

250x_kyle
11-01-2011, 04:18 PM
deffinately a sweet set up on walsh's part. if i had the change sitting around i would deffinately be picking up one of theses frames but a deal came up on a hosuer frame i couldnt resist one project at a time. my next will be a walsh

madskrillz2
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I wanna see pictures of one of these put together. They have a few on their site but they're not very good ones. Just shows detail and not any real pictures of the whole bike.

89trx250r
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I think my friend talked to Nate the other day and he said a few had been sold overseas. That's where that laeger yz450 quad was built to go a bunch of the top euro pros all ran them like paul holmes and such..Seems like they spend big money cause they can run hybrids :)

hontrx265r
11-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I think all the good details are coming soon to a publishing stand near you.

danhung11
11-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I wanna see pictures of one of these put together. They have a few on their site but they're not very good ones. Just shows detail and not any real pictures of the whole bike.

Nate has a couple on his FB page, it's clean for sure. I think one pic of the bike was on a scale, weighed 356lbs. It has a nice set of graphics, and should be finished since it was a few weeks back. Like hontrx265, I'm sure it's going to be a release in ATV mag of some sort. Pretty trick ride...

89trx250r
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for reminding me dan last week when my friend was talkin to nate he said dirtwheels was gonna do a full write up in either this months or next months issue on the "new walsh hybrid"

SHIFTx450
11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Can't wait. I'll be checking the mailbox everyday!

timmersam
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
Not fair to judge the motor without mods, cause we never leave them stock. I was just giving my first impressions. My 05 crf, and 06 yzf were both great motors. If I'm not mistaken Ron Hamp is pulling over 70hp in the m.c. stock bore and stoke, you can look it up on thumpertalk, lots of good info.

Little off topic here, but you dont see that name all that often, my crf hybrid had a full Ron Hamp race motor. It was hands down the fastest quad I have ever ridden. The man is an absolute genius at building motors, I still cannot believe the power that mine produced :eek2:

Sam

hontrx265r
11-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Pretty much the reason I haven't done anything to my motor is because I have been watching Hamp. He's got some of his own,cams and other things coming out. Definetly knows his ****.

Lynch01ex
11-08-2011, 05:46 PM
sounds like cody gibson is back and for 2012 will be running it in pro am unlimited. See what this thing has

beastlywarrior
11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Huh the ltr look is cool makes me want a walsh with the 4 speed yz, this geometry and banshee or warrior plastic would be cool

stevestauff
11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
seen the bike run at last sundays local race .the bike seemed awsome was fully impressed.

SHIFTx450
11-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by stevestauff
seen the bike run at last sundays local race .the bike seemed awsome was fully impressed.

You get any pics or video?

danhung11
11-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
You get any pics or video?

Here's a video of Cody pulling the holeshot on the bike...

http://www.youtube.com/user/walshracecraft1997

I'm sure the videos and up close videos will be limited until the formal release.

SHIFTx450
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Teasing us! That thing pulled hard!