PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick shocks

Dune Surfer
02-09-2003, 09:28 PM
I need to get some shocks. The problem is there are so many variables. I ride mostly in the dunes, would I want a shock that lowers the quad? do I really need rezzies? I can't spend alot of $$$ I was thinking works or Elka. I might find some used on E-bay.

crap-banshee32
02-10-2003, 05:10 AM
go with a nice cheap set of works!!!!!

Krazy Kid
02-10-2003, 06:08 PM
my cuz has works triple rate w/ rezzies and they're awesome.....im not sure wut the rezzies are for??

MX26
02-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Krazy Kid
my cuz has works triple rate w/ rezzies and they're awesome.....im not sure wut the rezzies are for??

The resivoirs hold oil to keep the shocks cooler. When shocks get hot they fade making the performance go down. Cooler = Better

A4StrokeGuy
02-10-2003, 06:43 PM
It depends do u like busting it out big over a razorback or just a nice fast dune cruise. My feelings are if u just cruise u don't need res. but if u can afford them buy them. If u like going big (very fun:cool: ) i'd defitantly get rezzys. I have also found that if u get a shock with comp. adjust met u can crank it up when your jumping and tune it down for riding around. But its what ever fits into your budget.

Jordan

j37
02-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Id have to say go with the elkas they seem to be the best for the money they cost. They have zero preload and stuff and if you decide thats you want rezzies you can always buy them separate and put them on. Ive noticed that quite a few people are trading in their works for elkas. Im going to end up getting elkas because of what ive heard about them and I have a dealer not to far from me that sells them. But my suggestion is go with elkas.

Tommy 17
02-11-2003, 01:00 PM
elkas are 840$ now just to let yinz know:eek:

Rider#11
02-11-2003, 03:54 PM
elka is better quality and also they drop your front end down..i trhink cause there zero preload..but you could also get the works and mek em a little plusher once you get em or have em valved for a lighter person..lol

Ryan
02-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Well what size are your a-arms? If your using stock a-arms your ground clearance raise up a bit but im not to sure on that.

Go with the Elka's. Get the ones without Rezzies and if you find out your going to need the Rezzies.... Just buy them later :cool: .