PDA

View Full Version : Carb probelm

QuadRacer041
11-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Have an 07 Apex 90 and have 2 problems. Original problem was when u get on it once u hit half throttle it felt like it was loading up and would just fall on its face. So I take the carb off to clean it all out, put back together, start it up and it seems fine for about a minute then it would stall as soon as u touch the throttle. So now what? I've been looking at it and see that the plug is loaded with fuel and so is the tube the goes from the airfilter to the carb. What could be the issue with that. I will add that this quad is totally stock. I also nopticed some oil leaking out where the head pipe connects to the cylinder. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, I doubt it but.... Any help?

QuadRacer041
11-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Took the carb back apart and recheck it and then put it back together. Runs good until it gets into the higher rpm's. Seems like it loses power up top. Going up highs u really notice it. Any ideas? Bought this quad used a few weeks ago, could it need a top end....does it need to be opened up with a bigger carb and exhaust?

FISH ON!
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Since the quad was bought used you have no idea how long those crank seals have been in there. I would give it a good pressure check first otherwise you could be chasing symptoms for a while. Once you know it isn't sucking air (except through the carb..... LOL) then you should start fine tuning your carb setup. Make sure your CVT system is fesh too (new springs.)

Originally posted by QuadRacer041
Took the carb back apart and recheck it and then put it back together. Runs good until it gets into the higher rpm's. Seems like it loses power up top. Going up highs u really notice it. Any ideas? Bought this quad used a few weeks ago, could it need a top end....does it need to be opened up with a bigger carb and exhaust?

QuadRacer041
11-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Does anyone make a repair manual?

rd2005
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Was going through old posts & wondered if you got the info like the repair manual or tech info on your Apex?

QuadRacer041
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Yes, I did, thanks for the reply though.