PDA

View Full Version : We are...Penn State!!!!

woodsman250r
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey whats up all of you Penn State fans that constantly talk about how you guys are the best at everything??? I haven't heard you guys talking on here too much since that beat down Ohio State gave you on saturday!!! I just figured I would start up a thread to give you guys a place to whine, cry and make yourselves feel better about how you coulda, woulda, shoulda in saturdays game and how we just got "lucky." So lets see what kind of nonsense you guys can come up with about saturdays game against THE Ohio State University! :devil:

biker
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
i was gonna post somthing up as well woodsman but i figured i would wait and see if we heard from our good buddy JCV!
where are ya JCV? i have to admit i was nervous at the start of the game but i have confidence in my team!

O..H..i...O :macho

woodsman250r
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
LOL, I did this mainly to give JVC a hard time! I am sure he will put up something when he reads it! This has been going on for several years so I can't let a tradition die! And yea the start of the game we played like garbage and I did a lot of screaming at my TV! I could not believe they had the DB's giving such a big cushion on the quck slants and outs. But going on a 35-0 run was huge for us! The offense took a page of Woody's playbook and went with the three yards and a cloud of dust philosophy, pounding it out on the ground with Boom. Looking forward to Iowa City now!

jcs003
11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
penn state is in a rebuilding year. alot of freasman and sophmore starters. dont forget, rob boldin is a true freshman. either way joe paterno is a living legend and what he has done will never be repeated.

woodsman250r
11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
penn state is in a rebuilding year. alot of freasman and sophmore starters. dont forget, rob boldin is a true freshman. either way joe paterno is a living legend and what he has done will never be repeated.

I will give you that about Joe Pa, almost every tOSU fan will give 100% repect to that man. He is the face of college football and is a living legend. All rivalries aside, he has earned repect and will always be remembered for what he has done for college football and Penn State. I can promise you that when he passes, he will be given a moment of silence at the Shoe, as well as a standing ovation.

eastcoastpro20
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I was in a panic at halftime, and am still questioning the sweater vest's play calling. Way to conservative and i dont understand it because we have tons of talent and when he opens up the playbook its unstopable, our defense won that game.

O-H!

Ellingsoc26
11-15-2010, 01:26 PM
LOL u talking **** to Penn State! How about when wisconsin made u look like a bunch of pussies! We proved u were over rated!

woodsman250r
11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
LOL u talking **** to Penn State! How about when wisconsin made u look like a bunch of pussies! We proved u were over rated!

LOL, you guys beat us one time in like 10 years and start talking trash. Not to mention we are 53-18 all time in beating you guys. And we came out and just played flat against Wisconsin. We always seem to have one bad game a year and it happened to be against you guys. Plus, our defense is designed to stop high power spread offenses like Oregon, not your slow old school power I run game. In years past we had the big run stopping defense, but big bowl games have changed our tactics. You guys wouldn't know anything about playing in a NC game or a big bowl game tho.

300extreme#8
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
the wisconsin game may be the one bad game that OSU had but its the one that counts so now yall dont get to play for the NC hahahaha but all jokes aside i actually like ohio state... but im unbaised and my team sucks this year so Im jumping on the Cam Newton wagon (Go Auburn)... and Boise State if its possible bc them playing for the NC is not supose to happen so that would be history in the making. And I think Oregon is alittle overrated, now dont get me wrong bc they have many player makers that make the biggest diff in each game. but Oregon and Auburn are in the same boat... High Power offense but only decent defense....

honda400ex2003
11-15-2010, 06:46 PM
We are.... farmers! da da da da daaaa!

sorry thought that would go well with the topic of the thread lol Way to go to all of the college team winners... steve

jcs003
11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
LOL, you guys beat us one time in like 10 years and start talking trash. Not to mention we are 53-18 all time in beating you guys. And we came out and just played flat against Wisconsin. We always seem to have one bad game a year and it happened to be against you guys. Plus, our defense is designed to stop high power spread offenses like Oregon, not your slow old school power I run game. In years past we had the big run stopping defense, but big bowl games have changed our tactics. You guys wouldn't know anything about playing in a NC game or a big bowl game tho.

penn state has more bowl game invites and wins than OSU. plus dont count out 2 national championship wins. i believe big ten championships since like 1990 when they joined. 5 perfect seasons since joe pa been there. long live linebackerU!

ben300
11-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
penn state has more bowl game invites and wins than OSU. plus dont count out 2 national championship wins. i believe big ten championships since like 1990 when they joined. 5 perfect seasons since joe pa been there. long live linebackerU!

long time pennstate fan here, but i do believe woodsman did aim that comment at a wisconsin fan.

anyways back to the topic... pennstate is in a rebuilding year. we have no depth on the defense because we have 8+ starters from the beggining of the season out with injury...givem two years. they'll be whoopin on osu...

not to mention in terms of big ten standins as it is right now..

mich st > wisconsin > osu...

Pure talent wise though...osu is probably the best team right now in the big ten...

woodsman250r
11-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
the wisconsin game may be the one bad game that OSU had but its the one that counts so now yall dont get to play for the NC hahahaha but all jokes aside i actually like ohio state... but im unbaised and my team sucks this year so Im jumping on the Cam Newton wagon (Go Auburn)... and Boise State if its possible bc them playing for the NC is not supose to happen so that would be history in the making. And I think Oregon is alittle overrated, now dont get me wrong bc they have many player makers that make the biggest diff in each game. but Oregon and Auburn are in the same boat... High Power offense but only decent defense....

I don't think Oregon is overrated right now, they seem to be legit. The offense is crazy good and can hang points on anyone. I think Ohio State is about the only D in the nation right now that can actually stop them. Am I being biased in that statement...not one bit. Pretty much everyone on that D has played against that offense last year, and they have the speed to match up. Ohio State built their defense to stop teams like Oregon, rather than big power running schools like Wisconsin. I think Ohio State-Oregon would be a hell of a match up, but it won't happen this year.

300extreme#8
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
hahaha i wasn't even comparing them to any special defense... what im saying is that when a team figures out how to keep Oregon from breaking big plays snap after snap them you have a ball game! This is Cal game Im talking about.... Cal had them controlled the whole game.... If Cal had a even High Power offense then they would have prolly won but who knows. I dont think it was Oregon having a bad game, i think it was Cal knowing what they bring to the table every year... If Oregon makes it to the NC they better hope they break out alot of big plays offensively to back up their D....... Plus I really think the SEC has the most stacked teams, offensively and defensively. Its dog eat dog down here hahahahahaha

jcv400ex
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm here, I'm here! Been remodeling my bathroom... Man, we had your arse in the first half! I can't believe we lost that game. We just don't have any depth and got tired out. It won't be long!

jcv400ex
11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
I don't think Oregon is overrated right now, they seem to be legit. The offense is crazy good and can hang points on anyone. I think Ohio State is about the only D in the nation right now that can actually stop them. Am I being biased in that statement...not one bit. Pretty much everyone on that D has played against that offense last year, and they have the speed to match up. Ohio State built their defense to stop teams like Oregon, rather than big power running schools like Wisconsin. I think Ohio State-Oregon would be a hell of a match up, but it won't happen this year.

You saw the way we handled you the first half....Oregon would put up 48 pts on OSU....

woodsman250r
11-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You saw the way we handled you the first half....Oregon would put up 48 pts on OSU....

LOL you guys got lucky because we came out flat against you in the first half. What happened in the second half...thats right we went on a 35-0 run on you guys. Football is played with 4 quarters...no one keeps records of first half wins and losses!!! And we handled Oregon just fine last year, thank you. :macho

Extremerider
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm a student at Penn State. Not a die hard fan just a die hard binge drinker. But the northwestern game where Joe got his 400th was pretty sick. Proud to say I got to witness that sitting in the student section, mind you I don't remember much. Definitely surprised they hung with Ohio for a little bit.

jcv400ex
11-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Bahhh, we just ran out of gas. For some reason there was a party Friday night that our defense went to....DE was even cited for peeing on someones lawn!

Wait till next year! :macho :blah: