PDA

View Full Version : harness info ???

florentino
11-15-2010, 08:45 AM
can i remove the temp sensor that turns on the fan??.
i will have fan on all time.

also theres 2 wires by the break lever with 2 letters N and R
can i remove this ones too. ??

i have no lites and i want to remove as many things as as can. any ideas. i am asking cause this bike has a computer so i am not sure if it would work. i dont want to buy a race harness

nvrpmx
11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
leave the temp sensor in and ground the orange/white wire at the fan relay this will run the fan all the time but will allow the ECU to still read the temp. The fan will run when you turn the key off for 30 sec then the relay goes off.

The two wires by the brake pedel can be cut off but do not tie them together they must not connect with each other so tape them up good.

florentino
11-17-2010, 02:38 PM
thanks... alot that really helps. any little extra wires to take out sure helps. those idiot lites never work anyways.

525outlawrider
11-26-2010, 01:23 PM
He is correct, it will work , but within 20 hours , you will have the main relay and probably the fan relay go bad .... the relays are a weak link .

nvrpmx
11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
That's also right it's hard on the relays and shortens the life of the fan. Another thing that we have seen is in extreme cold temps it has a hard time getting to operating temperature. Most of all our teams races our from march to sept. On the east coast and is warm enough to not be a problem on the west coast team.

The relays are a weak link we have had them fail early and then we have had some last many hours so it's just one of them parts you will want to keep around.