PDA

View Full Version : 525 XC Popping

sandfoxxx
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
I am just looking for some help. I have a 525XC and have spoke to a couple of guys regarding the bike to try to stop it from popping back on deceleration. Does anybody have any tips. The only thing I can figure is that it is sucking air at the headpipe.

Thanks
Shane

FW_cArBoN
11-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Did you change jetting from the factory at all? With every KTM I've purchased new from the dealer, I've noticed that they jet them abnormally lean from the factory.

I would suggest taking a look at the carb, and probably going up a little on the pilot jet and main. If its on decel, I'd probably say your pilot is fairly lean.

sandfoxxx
11-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I have changed the jetting it was lean but it did not fix the problem. I have tried mulyiple different combos

88dunerider
12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
had the same issue with mine , thought it was over heating , took it to the dealer got the jet , put the jet kit in it and still was was popping , talked to one of the ktm techs he said that in muffler ther is some sort of space or something like that and thats why it does it , said if i were to get an aftermarket one it was stop ,

murf787
12-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Check around the header flange by the motor . The usually leak right there and will cause a pop on decel . You can put some high temp on There and it should go away .

krt400ex
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
its a header leak. right at the flange, its like the tolerances aret right or something. thats what is causing the problem. its common on these machines. mine does it too. best way is to either get an aftermarket exhaust or else have the pipe welded to the flange