PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for this ebay seller

MX_Racer_20
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
found a good deal on some kfx headlights for my cousin on ebay but didn't win them. when the auction was over i went and looked at the bid history and seen this when i clicked on the winner bidders name.

30-Day Summary
Total bids:567
Items bid on:565
Bid activity (%) with this seller:98%

Whats even funnier is when i first checked it it was 561 bids and 561 items bid on with 100% bid activity with the seller. Above is what it was after i emailed the seller and confronted him about it and told him i turned it in to ebay...lol

MX_Racer_20
11-14-2010, 08:53 PM
just checked it again...lol

30-Day Summary
Total bids:576
Items bid on:574
Bid activity (%) with this seller:96%

he has pages and pages in his bid history and everything he bid on was under ebay motors/motorcyle parts. now all of a sudden he has bids on porshche, lamborghini and ferrari under ebay motors....lmfao.

smr
11-15-2010, 05:58 AM
could you please translate for us people in Kentucky....I have no idea what this means.

Scro
11-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by smr
could you please translate for us people in Kentucky....I have no idea what this means.

Us Alabama folks too.

TGW_400ex
11-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Are you trying to say that the guy is bidding on a buttload of things and probably not planing on paying for them? What would even be the point of that?:huh

Rootar
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
no guys he has two accounts and is simply bumping up the price of his own auctions definetly report him

in other words he is scumbag.

mjc597
11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
no guys he has two accounts and is simply bumping up the price of his own auctions definetly report him

X2....don't deal with him..people like that suck ***

CJM
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
so what are the user names?

MX_Racer_20
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Rootar

exactly

do a searh for the item i was bidding on and you'll see who the seller is. can't see the winning bidders name because of how ebay protects them with the *** hidding some of the letters.

Item number:300490729692

dehner47
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
man, if you guys dont like people running up bids, dont get into the auction game...

its partof it. sucks people do it, but it all part of the fun and games of auctions..

MX_Racer_20
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
no its called shill bidding when the seller is using someone else or another name to raise the price of their own item and ebay has a very strict rule against it.

Policy overview
Shill bidding happens when anyone bids on an item in order to artificially increase its price or desirability. Shill bidding also happens when someone a seller knows bids on the seller's item. This includes family members, friends (including online friends), roommates, or employees.

We don't allow shill bidding on eBay because people the seller knows might have information about the item that other members don't, which might give them an unfair advantage.

If people you know want to buy your item, they should do so in a way that doesn't involve bidding. For example, you can sell the item at a fixed price or offer Buy It Now, and they can buy the item that way. However, these purchases can't be made for the purpose of artificially increasing a seller's Feedback or improving search standing.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account. Shill bidding is also illegal in many places and can carry severe penalties.

dehner47
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
im with ya. i dont feel its right. its just part of the game..

chucked
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
at least he ended up winning it on his own bid.

SRH
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM
you should expect some slippery stuff like that dealing with auctions, i do alot on ebay but its always buy it now

its no different than companies manipulating market prices to increase there profits

MX_Racer_20
11-16-2010, 12:12 AM
i'm not upset about the item being bid up by legit bidders. when the seller does it its b.s.

if the seller wanted more money out of their item then they should've had a highier starting price or but a reserve on it.

chucked
11-16-2010, 04:35 AM
The listing fees are alot less doing it that way.