View Full Version : dynatek cdi??????

Grande Huevos
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
i seen this cdi box on ebay for like $80 didnt kno if anybody has used one or knows anything about it ?? the company is Dynatek and how does it compare to oem?????

Honda 250r 001
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
a simple search would most likely help you find the answer to this.

But, when i ran my dynatek. I saw no gains in power or performance anywhere, and it quit on me in 3 months. It was sputtering and missing on the top end. Ruined my day of riding at the track! switched back to oem and never had a problem. If you are looking for performance gains, look into the CR 250 ignition, or wiring a CR 250 CDI into the stock trx 250r ignition.

My oppinion...

11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I’ve had the same experience Honda 250R 001 stated; the Dynatek produced no notable performance gains, further; it changed my jetting considerably just to get it to work somewhat well…

I like the CR250 ignition system if you do not mind losing the lights, or going to battery powered lighting. The Honda OEM ignition works good when new or in good condition, I have had no issues with the OEM system, however; I know some have…

Carlos.

machwon
11-15-2010, 06:30 PM
OEM all the way on any machine, unless you want a pvl. The testing I did showed a power gain from 5-6k, after that it was a loss.