PDA

View Full Version : bent frame

450r07
11-14-2010, 01:06 AM
I got a question that im hoping that i can get some good insight too. I had a race the 31st and i hit a tree of course... LOL Anyways i bent my frame right behind my rear lower a-arm mounts. where the flat spot is on your frame... I am just wondering if it will be worth the money to get it straightened back out or just buy a new frame... What does everyone think... I really need some good feedback on this one.

TJ Bradley
11-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Depends on how bad its bent really. If its bad enough to have to get it straightened It will prob cause alot more problem down the road. Bending it back out will weaken it even more. And everything else will be out of wack and start causing problems. (radiators busting, oil cooler mounts breaking, motor mounts) I've tried it before and learned all this the hard way.

Go ahead and get a new frame, install a good gusset kit on it ( Texiera Tech, LSR...) and then swap em out. You can do the swap in a few days after work and you'll be good to go.

Just my .02

11-14-2010, 05:57 PM
i have a really nice low hour walsh gusseted textured black frame for sale,let me know if your interested

TJ Bradley
11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
hey TRP i tried to pm ya back and your box was full. Sorry for the thread jack. lol

curryd
11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
i have a really nice low hour walsh gusseted textured black frame for sale,let me know if your interested

Interested in the frame as well. Send me a pm with a price and a number I can reach you at.

One_Bad_400
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
If its bent horribly bad, just get a new frame. if its only bent a little bit, I'd ride it out if you dont have the extra cash. My girl friend slammed mine into a tree, then i slammed it into a wall at an AX race. needless to say, its bent in the same place as yours, i Just adjusted the a-arms to straiten out the front end. And has held up, its been through 2 national races and 2 dozen local races.

jensenracing77
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
just a thought. if you can't fix your frame Bill from TPC trikes may buy your frame if the back section is good. we cut the front section off and just use the back section for a 3 wheeler conversion. i have a frame with less than 20 hours i am getting ready to cut in half. it is a perfect frame. if your back section is good and willing to deal, maybe we can work out a trade and cash. i am not on here much but if interested e mail me. i plan to cut it in half thanksgiving weekend if nothing happens by then.

jensenracing77@yahoo.com

jensenracing77
11-19-2010, 06:20 PM
this is an 08 frame, yours would have to be an 06 or newer.