PDA

View Full Version : Some People..

CJM
11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
So I did have an 86 suzuki 230 sport, the motor had a hole in it from running it out of oil and I had a donor engine that needed a rebuild.

I never did get around to doing it and honestly just wanted it gone so I sold it for 150 bucks to a guy who really wanted a project for his son and him cheap. I was nice, I wanted 250 cause it has newer tires on the back and I fixed some other misc stuff on it myself. So I let it go for cheap trying to help someone out.

Look what I found today...http://cnj.craigslist.org/rvs/2058985486.html there is no way hes ever gonna get 1200 for it anyways, those things arent worth anything.

Still it annoys me cause I thought I was doing a good deed by helping someone get their kid their first quad.

wilkin250r
11-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I hear ya, that's kinda crummy. You figured that you're doing a good deed, helping the ATV community, and making the world a little better place.

Instead, you're just padding somebody's pocket.

CJM
11-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Yea padding is right, I mean yea the guy took the time to rebuild and all but I still get a sour taste in my mouth he is selling it so quickly.

dehner47
11-15-2010, 07:55 AM
dude, why you so upset. i understand you gave guy a good deal, but flipping is part of the game. dude saw a good way to teach his kid a few things about building bikes and making money. ya act like you never bought something then sold it at a profit. he may not get $1200 like he's asking, but bet you he atleast doubles his money...

or... possible dude build bike with his son, kid did something wrong (bad grades, trouble, ect) and took it from his kid and is selling it. ya never know.

CJM
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
The whole reason I sold it to him so cheap was cause he went on and on and on about how he and his son were gonna rebuild and it was gonna be his sons and so forth and so on.

I mean the guy came 2x to see it before he dropped the cash. he even emailed me like 2 months later saying how great it is and how his son loves it after he got it running.

basically what annoys me is he whittled me down on the price, lied about his kid and stuff and just bought it to flip.

Wouldnt you be annoyed if the guy talked all that up and just flipped it? Specially since I sold it to him for like 10% of what he wants now?

IDK, I thought I was doing someone a favor.

wilkin250r
11-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Flipping is part of the game, yes. I doubt he's upset enough to call the guy and cuss him out.

I don't know about you, but I'm much more willing to drop the price if I know the buyer is going to appreciate the machine, to utilize it, and especially if it's a kids machine and he's going to create another life-long ATV rider.

It's almost like selling to a friend. I'd sell to a friend for dirt cheap if I knew he was going to use it and appreciate it. But if he was just going to flip it, I'd charge him more.

250ex_dan
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
dude, why you so upset. i understand you gave guy a good deal, but flipping is part of the game. dude saw a good way to teach his kid a few things about building bikes and making money. ya act like you never bought something then sold it at a profit. he may not get $1200 like he's asking, but bet you he atleast doubles his money...

or... possible dude build bike with his son, kid did something wrong (bad grades, trouble, ect) and took it from his kid and is selling it. ya never know.
i agree

dirtrider77
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
yeah i sold a friend a 2000 xr80 back in like 2005 when we were young for $200...the thing was perfect, i just sold it so cheap so id have a riding buddy....a month later he sold it for $500....

that kinda stuff really pisses me off

if i were u CJM you should go buy it back haha and feed him the same bs he gave you lol

Lasher
11-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Business is business. You need to let it go.

I recently sold my Banshee. I owned that quad since day one and I had a hard time selling it. As much as I wanted it go to some else that would take care of it like I did, money talked.

The guy that brought it was in a small pick up, will be riding illegally etc etc.

It was tough, but I just had to let it go.... :(

slightlybent47
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I’m with Dirtrider77 on this one. You always have to consider the buyer is trying to get the best deal and he may have had the intentions that he told you and something changed.
And I’m sure you have told a little white lie to get a good deal. And after all, weren’t you going to do the same thing, but just never got around to it?

In any event the good lord saw your good deed and he made note of it, so your still good to go.

slightlybent47
11-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I would add that I reserve the great deals to only those I know and that I see are coming out and are actively involved in the sport. And I have given away stuff for free to those who are worthy. Everyone else has to pay full price or I just don’t sell. Save the deals for people you know and everyone else, has to pay my price.

CJM
11-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Flipping is part of the game, yes. I doubt he's upset enough to call the guy and cuss him out.

I don't know about you, but I'm much more willing to drop the price if I know the buyer is going to appreciate the machine, to utilize it, and especially if it's a kids machine and he's going to create another life-long ATV rider.

It's almost like selling to a friend. I'd sell to a friend for dirt cheap if I knew he was going to use it and appreciate it. But if he was just going to flip it, I'd charge him more.

Thats what I thought he was gonna do, he talked up and down about how he was getting it so he and his kid could ride and so forth. Instead he flipped it-hence why im a little annoyed.

Hey no big deal he wont ever get 1200 for it anyways.

dehner47
11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Thats what I thought he was gonna do, he talked up and down about how he was getting it so he and his kid could ride and so forth. Instead he flipped it-hence why im a little annoyed.

Hey no big deal he wont ever get 1200 for it anyways.

again, dont go judging the guy cause the bike ypou sold him cheap is now for sale. like i stated before, you dont know what 'troubles" his kid might of caused. maybe his kid stole from him and want $$$ back and this is all the young buck has. ya never know. so dont go and be upset at the guy for seelling something you sold him. hell, even if he sold if for 100% mark up, its his bike and he can do what he pleases with it. again, you dont know dudes family drama's, $$$, or anyhting else personally about dude and his life. so maybe he didnt "talk it up".. maybe something happened and couldnt keep the bike. i dont know the guy or really care, just stating maybe you should know all the facts before putting dude on blast..

SRH
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
its your fault your unhappy, and its a insecurity on your part that hes making a buck and your bothered

never sell for less than what you, its your fault completly your unhappy

the quad however was only worth what you sold it to him for, now count the hours him and his son have into it and money, there at a break even point because realistically its only going to sell 7-900

if you want to get rid of something and 150 is acceptable what does it matter what they do with it?:confused: why didnt you do the work and try to sell it???

more power to him in my book