PDA

View Full Version : Another 250R Engine stand

Langbolt
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Just thought I'd show what I use as an engine stand.

This ones primary use if for holding the cases when I re&re the transmission or bottom end and need it held sideways

The best part is it cost around $6 to make

I use 3/8 threaded rod & 3/4 box steel from HomeDepot

:devil:

Langbolt
11-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Another shot

11-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks like a good and useful tool…

Puma & Troy and now Langbolt; good job guys!

Carlos.

Pumashine
11-13-2010, 07:37 PM
That is a sweet idea. Seems like there is a little engineering technician in all 250r riders. Maybe because we all have to work on 20 year old motors and thrashed bikes.

Langbolt
11-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey Pumashine....

In my case you couldn't be any more correct....I'm a Mechanical Engineering Design Technologist!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

I love designing & building things for the 250R

:D

troybilt
11-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pumashine
That is a sweet idea. Seems like there is a little engineering technician in all 250r riders. Maybe because we all have to work on 20 year old motors and thrashed bikes.

I've noticed this myself. The 250r guys on here and the other sites, tend to be older about my age or more and ALL seem to be extremely mechanically inclined. I think this is one of the best places to have intelligent conversations about quads in general! ...so much so, I avoid the rest of the forum like the plague... do many DBags...

J250r
11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I've noticed this myself. The 250r guys on here and the other sites, tend to be older about my age or more and ALL seem to be extremely mechanically inclined. I think this is one of the best places to have intelligent conversations about quads in general! ...so much so, I avoid the rest of the forum like the plague... do many DBags...

It's funny you say that... after joining all these 250r sites after I got my R this summer I find it hard to read the forums dedicated to other quads. The members of those forums seem so immature (and less intelligent) compared to you 250r guys.

Motofool250r
11-14-2010, 03:27 PM
cause we know what is good, the 250r will always be the greatest design in my eyes for its time.

we all understand the engineering marvel of this motor and what it does is work so damn well =)