PDA

View Full Version : How to Swap Disassemble / Assemble Frame

quadsatv
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey iv raced my 2003 honda 300ex for 3 years and do trail riding an ride around in sand pits an on my track at home, i had surgery while back and wasnt able to ride it for a while well im starting to ride again and now am doing maintance, i already have had the rear bearings which are worn out on it to be done and the frame has 3 cracks 2 of which already have rewelds so i just got a new frame for it.

now i can either do it myself or pay someone to do it id like to do it myself but havent done it before, basicly what i need to know is what if anything do i need to swap the quad onto the new frame.

i plan on taking the new frame an setting it up so i can just take a part off the old frame an put it on the new frame, ofcourse i know some will have to wait till other parts are on first.

can you guys tell me what order i should take the quad apart and will i need new bearings and seals for any of the parts on the quad during the swap?

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

426kidz
11-19-2010, 10:16 PM
piece by pice from wherever you want...just remember take pics if its your fist time than you know where things go!

426kidz
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
slao get all your parts before you start makes it much easier to do. and just take your time with it make sure you do it right so you dont waste time going back.