PDA

View Full Version : How to Rebuild the Laeger T-pin

Langbolt
11-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok Guys I've got my T-pins Torn apart.

The heims and shafts are out.

What is the best way to remove the needle bearings ?

Is it safe to heat the housing and then try tap them out ?

Or just do them cold ?

Thanks

:devil:

addictedtomud
11-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Send it to Laeger's!! Yes it costs more and takes longer than doing it yourself, but: If you damage the spindle getting the bearings out, the replacement cost is about $800 each.

DnB_racing
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I personally haven't worked on the T-Pin however I would almost guarantee that there is a tool made exactly for the purpose,
there must be some info out there some ware for proper removal and installment. try searching for the tool needed before trying it yourself

hontrx265r
11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
there are tools for removing bearings but its nothing special that only laeger has. I did a thread on rebuilding them probably 5 yrs ago search in suspension,steering it will prob come up. Its not that hard and I refurbished a set that was hammered.

Langbolt
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Yep!

I read that one.....Just didn't see any hints on the Bearings....Great info on the spindle shafts

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208266&highlight=laeger+rebuild

Hontrx265r - How did you get them out ?

Once this is all said and done I'll put together a thread with ALL our valuable info....and maybe get it STICKY'd

derby
11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Langbolt
Yep!

I read that one.....Just didn't see any hints on the Bearings....Great info on the spindle shafts

Hontrx265r - How did you get them out ?

Once this is all said and done I'll put together a thread with ALL our valuable info....and maybe get it STICKY'd

Getting those bearings out would be a breeze with a blind hole slide hammer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole-bearing-puller-95987.html

atvmxr
11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
send it to BDT... ;)

too soon? LOL :D

TLR-Online
11-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by derby
Getting those bearings out would be a breeze with a blind hole slide hammer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole-bearing-puller-95987.html

Havent used that specific one... but I have used similar style and it worked great on hard to remove bearings.

hontrx265r
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
When I did it the slide hammer wasn't enough force. But you can still use the fitting and then jig the spindle in a press and push it out from the inside. Hopefully that is understandable.

Langbolt
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah that Blind hole slide hammer would make a great addition to my toolbox.... ;o)

I've tried locating the NBX1725Z Bearings and apparently they're NOT available in CANADA....I've sent IKO an e-mail to get the skinny on that.

I'll keep ya posted

hontrx265r
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I got all the bearings for the spindle from motion industries

Langbolt
11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I sent IKO Japan an e-mail to ask if they knew of a supplier with the NBX1725Z bearings in stock in North America.....so i got a reply and within 1/2hr the rep called me and said they had 50 in stock in Toronto!!!!

Turns out they supply to my dealer afterall and my dealer was mis-informed on avalability......So I went and picked them up today!

Ouch! These things aren't cheap....luckilly I'm good friends with my dealer.....so let the rebuild begin!

croat1
11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
can i ask what you paid?