PDA

View Full Version : oil in air box

riggsracin
11-13-2010, 04:36 PM
just got my 05 back together, installed a new case, it blows the engine side oil into the air box, its not mixing b/c i running honda tranny fluid in the trans and engine oil in the engine. my buddy drilled out the t in the line b/c he said thats what comes with the hrc kit. also the piston and cylinder and head all looked great? any idels. thinking of just rerouting the line to the handle bars and putting a small filter on it

riggsracin
11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
any one

Balaz_73*00
11-14-2010, 10:23 AM
If you over filled your oil Ive heard it blows out that crankcase vent which runs to your airbox. Ive never had this problem but could be your problem? Just a suggestion

eastside 400
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
worn/broken rings, cracked piston. if its blowing oil out of the crank vent it means that cylinder compression is getting past the piston.

riggsracin
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
tore the top end down, piston, rings and cylinder we all in good shape. base gasket seemed like it could of been cloging to oil valley up so i replaced it with a stock metal one, i took the air hose and the oil cooler wasnt cloged, so i put top end back together and i could her air leaking into the intake, so i checked valve clea and it was real tight, think that could cause too much crank case pressure. it ran good and didnt smoke started pretty good also? need help i couldnt find my good compression guage but the crapy one was reading only like 60 at the most with the decom pression set all the way loose