PDA

View Full Version : deer season

muddzilla94
11-13-2010, 02:35 PM
well rifle season came in today and i thought i would go try my new spot out, as soon as i stepped off the 4wheeler a monster 12 point was crossing the ride infront of me, thank god i had my tags:devil: has anybody else killed any this year?

CJM
11-13-2010, 03:29 PM
very nice!

I wanted to go this year but dont have the time and cant take off from uni.

Pappy
11-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Nice!!!

Seen several but nothing we have wanted to shoot

muddzilla94
11-13-2010, 04:59 PM
the bad thing is this is my first deer ive ever killed and ill probably never get one that size again lol

CJM
11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by muddzilla94
the bad thing is this is my first deer ive ever killed and ill probably never get one that size again lol

Nonsense, I wish I got one like that for my first. My first I got what I basically feel is a spike, it did have 4 pts but if you count the spike split and made (2) 1 in ends lol.

I love hunting, what I dont enjoy is gutting it and then humping it up afterwards.

muddzilla94
11-13-2010, 07:17 PM
yea gutting this one was bad, i shot it at an angle and hit right behind the rib cage and it went thru his gut and came out at the top of his back leg. it was a bad shot but i wasnt letting it go:D

SpasticR450
11-13-2010, 07:26 PM
One my aunts eats deer harts and I think the livers to O_O :eek2: Any of yous ever do that lol?

CJM
11-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
One my aunts eats deer harts and I think the livers to O_O :eek2: Any of yous ever do that lol?

Yea, nothing wrong with it at all-cooked right it tastes great.

I spose you would be appalled I eaten things like possum, armadillo, snake, squirrel, etc too?

SpasticR450
11-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Yea, nothing wrong with it at all-cooked right it tastes great.

I spose you would be appalled I eaten things like possum, armadillo, snake, squirrel, etc too?

Possum? lol. Weirdest thing I ever ate before was aligator a few times and it taste good and octopus once. Oh and I guess pig intestines which we all ate before haha.

CJM
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Food is food to me, in the US people scoff at certain things-elsewhere its a way of life to eat spot or fluffy.

SpasticR450
11-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by muddzilla94
well rifle season came in today and i thought i would go try my new spot out, as soon as i stepped off the 4wheeler a monster 12 point was crossing the ride infront of me, thank god i had my tags:devil: has anybody else killed any this year?

My moms BF got a 12 pointer a few years ago with a some what wider rack than that one and it had almost all the velvet still on its antlers. Got it mounted.

muddzilla94
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
nice i would love to get one with velvet still on its antlers, im deff getting this one mounted.

Jigsaw
11-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Congrats man!

I just shot my first buck with a bow 2 weeks ago. Also gonna get mine mounted, which costs more than expected but its a memory I'll never forget

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n23/zdftko/mailgooglecom.jpg

HondaRacing83
11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
ive been around hunting my whole life,both my parents hunt,grandparents,uncles,friends,evryone!ive always went out hunting with them but never could carry a gun due to my age.this was my first year carrying my gun(im 12 with a .243) and in pa,deer rifle is at the end of november beginning of december.well we also have a youth hunt a month before deer season for people under 16 and over like 50,we can only shoot doe that day.my parents own 25.5acres of woods(we also go out hunting at my grandparents to)we have a hunting shanny thing back there.not much.me and my dad got back there about a half hour before daylight,on the way back we jumped a bunch of them so were jus like crappp!well im sitting there scanning the woods,my dads like asleep and i didnt even it hear this doe comes out of no where like 30yards away and i start nudgeing my dad,hes asleep lol.i keep nudging him he finally wakes up and i point to him and he says shoot it.im lookin through it with a scope,it starts to run i think ****!then it stops,i get a good shot between 2 trees and hit it right in the neck!dropped like a pile of bricks right there.so naturally my dads congratuating me,i go up to it looking for a bullet hole,cant find one.finally after 10min i pull back a little bit of hair and see the little hole on the neck.that .243 is deadly.turns out it was a little button buck.not a doe haha.we gutted it out,took it out to my uncles,skinned it,cut the meet up and i only had like 3hrs of sleep the night before so i was tired and finished cutting everything up then took a nap while my dad cooked me the backstraps!i shot it at like 7:15am,ill try and find pics,sorry for typing like a book i jus love tellin the story of my first deer :)

HondaRacing83
11-14-2010, 09:33 AM
pics to big wont lemme post em

muddzilla94
11-14-2010, 11:19 AM
thats what i killed this deer with was a .243 they are good guns and are very accurate. And btw nice kill jigsaw

250x_kyle
11-14-2010, 11:20 AM
havent made it out yet. should have some time in rifle season.
my first buck 11 point from a few years back

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/needanewquad/goodpic.jpg

my buddys dads 15 point from a few years back.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/needanewquad/l_2f98ab744a9d44ab9da7e9cb0108cce2.jpg