PDA

View Full Version : fuel delivery problem

Pacheco_450r
11-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Ok, I have a 2005 450r I've ran the same jetting (+/- a main jet size or two) for the past year with all different weather conditions and it's always ran great! I'm running a 190 main with the stock pilot with the screw 2 1/2 turns out and the needle is stock at the stock height. I'm running a complete pipe, high flow air filter with the air box lid removed.

Last week when I was riding it acted a little funny from off throttle to half but when I'd hammer it, it would run super strong. Yesterday I took it back out started one kick warmed it up rode for about two minutes and it ran great! I hit one small jump and right when i landed it had no power and was backfiring and it died. I started it up twice and it wouldn't hold an idle and it was backfiring a lot. After that it wouldn't start again, and still won't start today.

Here's what I've looked into so far, I checked the main, i adjusted the idle, i checked the pilot screw, i made sure the key was on and the killswitch was on run, it has fresh gas, the air filter is clamped on. I was hoping it was something stupid and easy like that but I just can't figure it out. I don't see how my jetting can all of a sudden be off like that? The only thing I can think of is something came loose after one small jump?

wckedclownz69
11-30-2010, 09:26 PM
had same problem... it was my valves...no power when it got hot.. valves were too tight...

Pacheco_450r
11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I had Just had my valves checked about a month ago.

I figured out it was a grain of sand in my pilot jet!